Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's LME Mod

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's LME Mod

The AI is Hard coded it is what it is. The Ai will make good musket line in armies with no arty and cav. Test with custom battle.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Hi Bran, I'll pm you to make sure you see this (this is for everyone else)

There is a bug with your latest mod file, you accidently altered the cannister range for the British 9pdr to 24 instead of 240.
    Here is the link to the corrected pack file if anyone is having issues.

Also while the aggressive French campaign ai is brilliant, is it possible to reduce naval invasions of Great Britain and make it focus more on ground invasions against Austria? France has sent 5 stacks in 8 turns to take London. and has not advanced at all in mainland Europe. Plus there is still the origingal issue where the main focus of enemy infatry is just to charge me. They may stop 1 metre infront of me, fire a volley then charge but it is pretty much always an initial charge.
    Last edited by gaunty14; March 15, 2015 at 06:28 PM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Patrician

Thanks will fix and upload.

Patrician

UPDATE: Fixed typo for 9pdr canister shot. Changed bayonet charge bonus so AI does not rush into melee attack. both versions. Report back

i dont know if this is intended or spanish ships are . but ships in naval battles cant really hit anything. just now i had 4 1st rates continous firing on a 38 gun french frigate for like 30 minutes, and he only lost a cannon and a few crew members after which i chased him for 5 minutes to board

Common mistakes made by enemy AI when playing solitaire campaign (this is not intended as criticism, as I read that the AI is hard coded and probably difficult to improve, just as feedback):

After playing long campaigns with Britain and now Prussia with this most enjoyable mod, here is some feedback on the flaws in my enemies AI:

- They send their armies out of their city to battle some unit, even if small, leaving the city undefended mostly for a secondary attack I make with a larger force nearby.
    - They have large armies sometimes within reach of a city I am besieging, even their capital, and they don't come to attack to try and break the siege.
    - With friendly nations that I have a military access agreement, whether they are allies or not, they don't react when I take advantage of this access to pile large armies around their capital in preparation for a declaration of war; I am thinking of Saxony for example, where I am now piling thousands of Prussian elite troops all over to, when ready, make a major strike on their capital. As a matter of fact I will just declare war when the moment comes and let Saxony attack me, which is more advantageous as they will have to retreat when losing and leaving me the chance to then overtake their capital.
    - The enemy fleets hardly raid my shipping lines even if they have naval supremacy; thinking of the Ottomans with whom I am at war and they don't come to block my adriatic ports, and they sometimes raid the shipping line that goes into those ports but with a tiny fraction of their available large navy.

- In battle mode they often leave their artillery unprotected, also they have the tendency to charge with cavalry and infantry head on to my artillery, which is often protected by spikes and usually blows them away with canister shot.
    - Another thing is that cavalry often will stay near infantry units of mine, without charging, just firing their pitiful pistols, even if I am not in square formation, letting me weaken them badly with my musket fire.

Guess most of this can't be changed but it sure makes my campaigns relatively easy to win, even on hard/hard. Will try the Total annihilation mod in the future and see if the Ai has better chances against me.
    Last edited by General Gordon; April 08, 2015 at 01:30 AM.

What kind of other submods is this mod compatible with? What about additional units submods and sound submods?

Patrician

Thanks for the report will update with tweaks.

Patrician

UPDATE Better Regional Defense, Better Naval Blockades, better Naval Trade Route Raiding, Factions Develop, New Cavalry behavior in battle-better flanking-unit will advance with infantry then attack in support. Bigger armies for Total War Slaughter version.All versions updated.

Thanks again Bran, will try new version for remainder of my Prussian campaign. Now only Wurtemburg and France left to conquer for my victory. French acting quite stupid in campaign although they greatly outnumber me. Shall see if they act better with the new version 4/10/2015.

I have a problem with launching the game, it crashes immediately after the "LME something something" screen at the very beginning since I had put your mod on top of the user script. How can I fix it ?

Just noticed, the user script seems to erase the mod Bran_LME_mod.pack line at the top after each play.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    Just noticed, the user script seems to erase the mod Bran_LME_mod.pack line at the top after each play.... ?
    Bran's submod is not an element of lancher's options, so if you want to use this pack, you have to start campaign as normally and close the game. Then open the launcher, choose edit user script and add line to the top: mod Bran_LME_mod.pack; , save. Now start the game by using "start napoleon manually" button. You have to always choose this button, unless you want to start new campaign or add another sound or graphic submod to user script (this generate new user script without added line).

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Tannhäuser View Post
    Bran's submod is not an element of lancher's options, so if you want to use this pack, you have to start campaign as normally and close the game. Then open the launcher, choose edit user script and add line to the top: mod Bran_LME_mod.pack; , save. Now start the game by using "start napoleon manually" button. You have to always choose this button, unless you want to start new campaign or add another sound or graphic submod to user script (this generate new user script without added line).
    Thanks. Bit confusing the start the campaign as normally then close the game and then open the launcher etc. Can't I just do the second step of opening the launcher and edit the user script and then start napoleon manually? Will doing this mean I don't get the LME content in the campaign?

Up till now I had been playing hitting the 1805 campaign from the launcher, after having manuallly edited the user script with the Bran_LME_mod.pack From what you are saying does this mean I have been playing all along without the Bran mod activated???

Bit confusing the start the campaign as normally then close the game and then open the launcher etc. Can't I just do the second step of opening the launcher and edit the user script and then start napoleon manually? Will doing this mean I don't get the LME content in the campaign?
    I thought about the first time you run the mod, when I suppose user script is blank or with default settings applied, but later you can only edit user script if you want to add Bran's submod.

Up till now I had been playing hitting the 1805 campaign from the launcher, after having manuallly edited the user script with the Bran_LME_mod.pack From what you are saying does this mean I have been playing all along without the Bran mod activated???
    I have never checked, but it is possible that Bran's pack is not activated when you start the game using the campaign button. Once you have started the game, you can always click alt+tab and go to the location of the user script and check script's formula.
    Last edited by Mattias Tannhäuser; April 14, 2015 at 08:44 AM.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Thanks. Bit confusing the start the campaign as normally then close the game and then open the launcher etc. Can't I just do the second step of opening the launcher and edit the user script and then start napoleon manually? Will doing this mean I don't get the LME content in the campaign?

Why don't you start the La montée launcher, select your campaign & sub mods & start the game. Now close the game & launcher, now your user script should look something like this,

mod LME4_XFSM.pack;
    mod LME4_WOS.pack;
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

Now don't use the La montée launcher any more. If you want to add more mods just add them to the user script like this.

mod bran_music_mod.pack;
    mod Pdguru_Campaign_French_Fusiliers_2.pack;
    mod "MoE_LoadingScreen.pack";
    mod Pdguru_Shipmod_2-4comp.pack;
    mod "mod_caesar_british_naval.pack";
    mod MoE_Naval.pack;
    mod NTW_BourbonNavalFix_AllinOne.pack;
    mod Primergy_Grassmod.pack;
    mod fonts1steplarger.pack;

mod LME4_XFSM.pack;
    mod LME4_WOS.pack;
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

Don't use the La montée launcher to start the game, if you do it will wipe your mods from the user script. It's best to make a backup of your user script just in case you start the launcher by mistake.

Now start NTW (but don't use the launcher) & all your mods will load.
    Last edited by roy64; April 14, 2015 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roy64 View Post
    Don't use the La montée launcher to start the game, if you do it will wipe your mods from the user script
    Therefore, in the launcher options is "start NTW manually" button that allows to preserve last settings.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Tannhäuser View Post
    Therefore, in the launcher options is "start NTW manually" button that allows to preserve last settings.
    I don't know if the "start NTW manually" button works, my launcher has never worked properly so I've never used it, I always manually move the files around to play the game. I don't know if General Gordon is having the same kind of problems with his launcher as I am, if he is then my post should help him. If not no harm done is there.

Patrician

Well that explains some of the strange reports I have got on the mod-cause the mod is not even being played Hope this clears up on how to install and use the mod.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Well that explains some of the strange reports I have got on the mod-cause the mod is not even being played Hope this clears up on how to install and use the mod.