Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's LME Mod

politiko's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's LME Mod

@Bran: This mod replaces Universal AI Mod, correct?

Some quick feedback from a few battles: 1) Enemy seems to be having trouble reforming/shifting too much. 2) Enemy cavalry have - in two different battles - opted to walk at my skirmishers, getting shredded often before they make contact. 3) Enemy seems to prefer melee, or even coming about 2x as far as needed (rather than engaging at the edge of their range) before firing. 4) Odd placement of field guns.

Thanks.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE: Better line cohesion,units will open fire when in range-better firefights,better regional development,better expansion,British Navy more aggressive. Post one.

Patrician

Any feed back on your campaign?

play custom batlle...and error with brake NTW (

Units die too quickly. While I feel LMEs death rate is way to slow, in this mod when cavalry charges a unit it almost completely decimates them in seconds. The enemy's numbers were dropping so fast it was crazy, its not like cav are carrying chainsaws.

Patrician

UPDATE: New Morale settings so units fight longer. Heavy infantry last better against Cavalry. New expansion, tech research and construction behaviors. Post 1. REPORT BACK

I dont see much of a change, the cavalry seem to fight a bit more with infantry in melee, plus the routing is a touch more permanent which i like, so I dont have to keep on chasing after enemies. I just wish the AI would form a line, less than half of a typical ai army will stop to fire at me

Patrician

Are not the infantry forming a firing line? Please post a screen shot. I need to see it. What are they doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Are not the infantry forming a firing line? Please post a screen shot. I need to see it. What are they doing?
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...BF776C8AA89E5/

At first they seem to know what they are doing. Yes its a river crossing map, but they generally form up first well.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...9.resizedimage

A couple form up decently, But see those three units neck to each other, they generally form for half a second then reform, then keep milling around and getting confused

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...CCFB0E0F22317/

Different level, same story. Two formed up, the other two danced around between the two lines and get shot up

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...0CED7EAE434CD/

Here too. Same thing

Patrician

UPDATE: BAI-Reconfigured KV Rules and Battle Entities tables and changed unit movement modifiers. Should get better results. Please test. Report back. post one. Campaign behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    For those who requested it- Bran Mac Born BAI and CAI settings for LME. More faction development and building,more faction expansion, naval invasions,bigger armies, better tech upgrades and research, new morale settings for a Action Packed Campaigns and BAI =more epic bloody battles Unpack into your Napoleon data folder. Add: mod Bran_LME_mod.pack; to the top of your user script. Have fun Play Hard Campaign/Expert Battles. VeryHard Campaign is well very dangerous! Feed back is most welcome 12/06/14
    Hey Mac Born

Is there a way of getting 2 ranks to present, wait till all ready, then fire at once. After that volley fire at will but only the 2 ranks

Patrician

No not possible only one type of animation per unit.

Bran, now it looks very nice! especially BAI

It would be fantastic if this was tweaked to work with the 40 units mod too.

Sort of seems the the AI got dumber with the 40 units mod now that the battleline can stretch across the entire map.

Patrician

UPDATE: Lowered all musket accuracy and infantry ranged weapons accuracy by 15%,Grenadiers get better melee attack and charge bonus,Elite Line Infantry get better morale and melee defense,changed spotting rules for light Cavalry as to better scout abilities, lowered half chance hit, battles will last a bit longer. Post one.

Hello Bran!
    You ignore two type of ships in your mod

2_Decker_British_Razee_LME_Britain

and

2_Decker_French_Razee_LME_France
    (see unit_tables )

why?

I play for mother-Russia and wait for Napoleon invasion (1805) to Bavaria and Austria... but... nobody knows where is Bonapart... Soon i find him and his Grand Arme (11 full army corps). They just stay in the beach ))
    Wtf?! ))

Patrician

UPDATE: Fixed French expansion behavior-THEY WILL ATTACK! Darthsonar-I looked through the entire original LME units file and did not find those ships -maybe you can point me in the right direction. Try the new file and that clump of French armies will soon move out. post one.

Patrician

UPDATE-NEW TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER VERSION See post #4
    Update : AI will invade more and engage in Battles more

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Is it at all possible for the Ai to actually make decent musket lines?
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.