Page 12 of 108 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: Who am I ? Third Age Edition v.II

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Who am I ? Third Age Edition v.II

Not changing either; a bid is a bid. I never change.

Redgrave's Avatar Civis

I'm not changing either- but I'm interested in how you got that map to happen, although I have my suspicions
    One does not desire the power of a nation,
    So much as one treasures reputation.
    This poem is not a 'trap', nor a 'trep',
    It is simply a device for the collection of rep.

Screw it. Gondor.

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Not going to change. Just don't post maps with gifted settlements, it screws up our logical thinking, regardless of your reasons to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

In hid defence I gift dettlements too. Ost-in-Edhil to HE and such.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

And for that reason I'll change mine to Lorien.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

I'm going to have to go with Dwarves!

Dwarves.
    In it for the rep.

You two, he said it was not Dorfs.

And Wizad, play the Quiz also. There too you can gain Rep.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    You two, he said it was not Dorfs.
    oops, that's me not reading the whole thread. I'm changing to Eriador.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude with the Food View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude with the Food View Post
    gratulation, that's the only right answer.

I tried to maximize turtling on this, and it worked quiet well.
    didn't take a single settlement through the first turns, then when the barrack evetn occured i had bothsettlements ready to recrut these elite-elves.
    but still, what i had left (those first infantry, spearmen and archers), accompanied by two generals was enaugh to march against the orks with it.
    then i took Gundabad from them, gifted it to the dwarves (didn't want to defend a third settlement, not even close to mine, and also a mountain for elves? and the dwarves had an army next to it anyway. and my diplomat was just next to their western settlements.)
    so this was all i did for the dwarves, but looks like one single key-settlement can change a lot.
    also i got framsburg with the rest of my army, realising it was grassland and mostly northmen culture, still not related to mine, and didn't provide much money.
    so i gave it away to eriador (had my diplomat close to them, not dale or rohan).
    All in all that turned out quiet well...

since then, i hold my cities with halfstacks, no matter what those orcs used to attack me, saving money, then making both of them full with soldiers, having one full stack army of elite elven units and two half stacks that stand mostly free of upkeep to the defense. and with this, i help rohan/silvan elves vs. mordor/isengard, sometimes taking minor settlements from them, loosing soldiers, retraining them (a gold rank army of golden elves, what should stop this?), and well... the money is only just enaugh for this, but not for having a big enaugh army in a small, but frontal settlement.

btw.:
    50 turns later OoG and OotMM are vanquished, their territory splitted between Eriador (now Arnor), Dwarves, HE and i took Moria for myself, since no dwarven army was close to it and i didn't want it to rebel. (and it makes even more money, now without having to defend it much^^)

right now i hurry to help the silvan elves to get mordor finally out of mirkwood, the dwarves fokus on helping dale to crush rhun, arnor and HE fighting isengard and dunland to save what's left of rohan, and then... well, with dwarves and dale to the north, mirkwood belonging to the silvans, rohan rescued and no allies but harad left... i think gondor and allies should be able to finish mordor and finally kill of all these bad guys.
    meanwhile i'm searching for a nice, preferably forest settlement more to the south as headquarter for these operations.

Was really nice to play this far, with some desperate defendings (whole lorien had full stack OotMM and Mordor armies in it...), some glorious victories (gundabad^^ and this one battle of 1000 elvs vs. 5000 orks/uruks) and the strategically feeling of the big puppet master in the background, pulling just the right strings to make the world change the way i want without ever risking to get harmed myself, except for really desperate times. somehow that's how i think elves might really do it, since they have just few children and therefor every single one is precious. No use in getting them killed. but when they march out, they'll crush everything.

didn't thought it could work with moria that close and mordor coming from the other side, but it did.

(also helps i'm having more people in my two settlements then anyone else got in his kingdom^^ at turn 150 i had about 100000 in one settlement...)

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

ok this turn is over, next time please respect the general rules for this game, thanks

anyway, I noticed the tendece, as it is normal, to report some infoes about the campaign (like small AARs), so I think I'm going to make a post for it in the AAR subforum
    EDIT: Here is the link

finally, my new map is ready, if nobody will take turn in one day I'll post it
    Last edited by Flinn; November 11, 2013 at 05:14 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

so, as nobody is taking the turn, let me please propose you my new map

MOS 1.6.1 - turn 71 - VH/VH
    No invasions yet
    Gondor owns west Osgiliath, Cair Andros and Hennet
    Mordor owns east Osgiliath
    South Tharbad belongs to Dunland
    North Tharbad belongs to High Elves

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

SirNat's Avatar Libertus

Rohan

HE

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Dorfs

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Rohan

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

High Elves
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

That's one weird-ass map, but I'll go with Rohan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Rohan