Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3537893949596979899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2160

Thread: Who am I ? Third Age Edition v.II

Skald's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Who am I ? Third Age Edition v.II

Lothlorien is my wild guess...

Thanks for this one, Ngugi!!!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Ents! Enedwaith then I guess

Well, third time's the charm: Rhovanion!
    Last edited by Mhaedros; November 23, 2017 at 05:52 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Lindon

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Wild Men of Enedwaith.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

~ No one guessed right so far ~

With about 1½ day till the reveal, I'll spice it up tossing out a "lifeline"

A few factions are thus removed from the equation, so have a second shot ere the end, friends!

Last edited by Ngugi; November 23, 2017 at 07:23 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Ok, Rhovanion then.

Libertus

Mordor

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Hill-men of the North
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Skald's Avatar Decanus

Thanks for the lifeline.
    Going with Harad then...

And the faction I am is...

The Dwarves of Khazad-dûm

Yeah... guess I was honest when I wrote "poor excuse for generalship". Not for lack of trying, however!
    I know what how you must feel, spending time and scrutiny on this trixy round

but thumbs up for all bold guesses from you lads none the less May your beards never grow thin!

Now, I promised that if anyone got it right I'd provide a little AAR. Instead, I feel that to not lose my face completly, I should provide the family story none the less

After Dwarves Report - Bye bye, general
    King Durin was my king, he had a fancy helmet and desired to reconquer the mountains. Is that to much to ask for?

My heir Regin started at Iron Hills, together with his uncle, and they took Erebor early on. All well, heir Regin was newly married and looked foreward to a long succesful life, taking back the mountains. Bad sign.
    What's that? High taxes led to a riot in Erebor and my heir was dead!

The heir is dead, long live his brother Borin!
    Borin was in Khazad-dûm, newly married and looked foreward to a long succesful life, defending Khazad-dûm with his father. Bad sign.
    What's that? Gorgol, high chieftain of the goblins sieged my capital, that had only the original garrison! Expecting them to bust up the gates, I waited. And waited. And waited.
    And with every turn, I grew weaker while my enemy grew stronger, preventing a sally forth. And Gorgol, high chieftain of the goblins, never came.
    Never came until to spit at the starved bodies of king Durin and heir Borin. Khazad-dûm had fallen!

The king is dead, long live his brother Fundin!
    He is a man of honour, so much is clear. Borin's one year old son Anar is the last direct in a direct line of Durin IV and shall be made the next king when he matures, no discussion.
    Fundin's own son Zirak, still at two years, shall inherit the Iron Hills in good order.
    Until then, this outrage must be corrected, that Khazad-dûm is now known as Moria, defiled by goblins!

While Gamil and Frar held order in Ered Luin (with the Noldor Elves as a shield against any potential misdeeds by the Hill-men), they are not family.
    Fundin realised he must have a vice-regent. In case some bad sign occured. He adopted Narfi, a sturdy man, who took 'an oath of celebacy' in his noble task as steward heir.

War plans were then made in east and west alike.
    Fundin mustered a mighty army with strong (post-barrack) warriors at the Iron Hills, to go a conventional way through the north: Grey Mountains and then to turn south after Mt Gundabad. Just as well, as goblin forces started to thrust eastwards there and then.
    Meanwhile, Gamil and Frar mustered a smaller and weaker army in Ered Luin, to strike at Khazad-dûm unexpectedly.
    The economy going so deep into the red that I must compete with Zimbabwe on inflation.

King Fundin has stuggled his way towards Grey Mountains, harassed at every turn, while Narfi is holding the Iron Hills in his name.
    Gamil and Frar crossed Eriador and reached Khazad-dûm only to find it ... recaptured by Lothlórien. Damned pointy ears! Snatching what's not theirs! That's just how they are, aren't they...!
    Had it not been for the sweet words of Galadriel (damn that lady's charm) there might been war; I seriously pondered attacking them, but fair enough, they had fought for it. Struck me I needed to trade for it.

So now instead Gamil and Frar are moving against Amon Gastal, north of the Elven forest, to capture it and then go across river Anduin to liberate some land from Mordor's claws, to trade it for the return of precious, precious Khazad-dûm... ^^
    Turn 59 (as seen):

And for those interested in what occured after...

Took Amon Gastal but sold it for much gold per turn to Lóthlórien as I could not trade Khazad-dûm for it (naturally), nor hold it lest I left to much Dwarves behind to take anything more.
    Moved east of river Anduin where the goblins attacked. Trolls and wargs tiped the scale, Frar fell as a hero. Gamil tried to evacuate all, but he was captured, and still broke I could not free him and the rest of the captives...
    The survivors fled through the eastern forest north to the Grey Mountains, to king Fundin.

Young Zirak and Anar matured but were sent to hold Iron Hills and Erebor, as life expectancy isn't exactly great.
    Trusty Narfi held Grey Mountains while Fundin went for a lightning strike against sacred Mt Gundabad. Second to get back Khazad-dûm, Mt Gundabad is the primary target.

King Fundin knocked on the gates, and there was Lundush: he is not only the high chieftain of the Misty Mountains, Lundush is a boldog (maiar in Orc form)! Fundin wetted his axe. Let's get ready to rumble!
    What I thought would be an easy victory proved not, and Fundin went up against the boldog in personal combat.

The king is dead, the infantry flees in panic. Gladly most of the now fewer survivors got to their senses outside.
    Together with the archers they reentered, found the goblins and took vengeance upon the boldog high chieftain!

So, that is the situation at turn 96 Mt Gundbad is added to the realm, money is starting to go towards plus. In time I'll be able to pay wereguild for my former capital and get it back...

Zirak in Iron Hill's got the Lord of the Iron Hills-title and taken his fathers heritage.

King Narfi I call the Stewart-king while Anar, grandsonof Durin, is heir. I'm in no hurry to see Narfi fall either, he's a bloodied veteran, and this is in a time of dire battles to come...

Last edited by Ngugi; November 25, 2017 at 05:55 AM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

arrived late for the game, but not to rep the Ferrit; the AAR is goldish, you should post it in the AAR sections of the Writer's Study, IMO
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Libertus

New round:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0002 - kopie.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	349746

Version of the game:
    DaC 1.2; Total War Submod (no preset alliances and wars, at start everyone is neutral to each other, no invasions)
    Turn: 55
    Difficulty: VH/VH

Feel free to ask any questions.
    Good luck.

Edit: Sorry for small image, I don't know how to make it bigger.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

umbar
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; December 07, 2017 at 03:03 AM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

The Iron Hills

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Dunland

Edit:
    Change to Breeland and the Shire
    Last edited by Araval; December 10, 2017 at 08:53 AM.

Dunland

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Angmar
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Angmar
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Libertus

No one guessed it right, so I'll give you one more day.

Second guess allowed? Rhun!