Page 82 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283848586878889909192107 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2160

Thread: Who am I ? Third Age Edition v.II

Hermod's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Who am I ? Third Age Edition v.II

Rhun

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

High Elves.

Skald's Avatar Decanus

Rhun and both elven factions are possible, but i stick with the High Elves!

Well enough time has past. There it is now time to reveal Who am I ?

The contenders:

Elves of Lorien: Commanding a large Kingdom compared to their normal behavior. For once controlling more than their starting settlements in Lorien. Not only controlling most of value of Anduin but also blocking Mordor from moving north.

High Elves: Really active and moving south fast and having taken most coastal provinces between the grey ports and Gondor.

Rhun: large empire, but the lands are rich and neighbors weak, it is not unusually to see Rhun grow large and powerful.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I was Rhun, in my opinion one of the easiest factions in the game. After a pulling of a aggressive and expanding start, gold will rise quickly. I will later post a picture of the capital, with some of the unique buildings the RK mod adds the trade income is going through the roof.

I was really surprised to see Lorien doing this well, never seen those expanded this much or any at all to be honest.

I am glad that the map was confusing enough that not everybody jumped on the bandwagon. I though this map to would be too obviously, apparently not. Although most people got it right.

I cannot rep the following people for now:
    · JJJaikishan
    · British empire
    · Dude with the Food
    · nikzi76
    · danny X
    · Greymane
    · Hermod
    Last edited by Davek; January 27, 2015 at 06:25 AM. Reason: update

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Will rep:

· JJJaikishan
    · British empire
    · Dude with the Food

done
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 27, 2015 at 06:38 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Will rep the rest (minus me)

Edit: all three are repped.
    Now if someone would be kind enough
    Last edited by Greymane; January 27, 2015 at 06:51 AM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Discontent Emeritus

Blog Entries

Greymane repped
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Followup. I cannot be bothered to continue waiting for Sauron, so I will restart as some other faction or even another mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Followup. I cannot be bothered to continue waiting for Sauron, so I will restart as some other faction or even another mod.

Yeah, I know those scripts with the ring and Sauron are just not necessary for me.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

No, I would love to fight him, but I simply cannot be bothered to wait any longer, fighting the same repetetive battles against stackspam.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    No, I would love to fight him, but I simply cannot be bothered to wait any longer, fighting the same repetetive battles against stackspam.
    Yes, I definitely understand you, but I wanted to say it's too much time to wait.
    Most of player conquer almost the whole world and still he don't arrive
    and with ring script sometimes game gets bugged.

Alright, since I have not played some faction at all. I set myself the goal to play all factions to at least turn 50 and later on to a short campaign victory.

Therefore it is my pleasure to present a new map for you all.

Who am I?

Edit, I forgot some information, apologies.

Turn 50 as always
    Tatw 3.2 with MOS 1.6.2 and Reunited kingdom 1.4
    Difficulty level M/M

ps. Veteraan I hope this image is large enough for your old eyes, thanks again for the explanation how to do this.
    Last edited by Davek; February 11, 2015 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Additional info

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Looking good Davek. Glad the instructions were useful.

But, we are missing some info here:
    - Which turn?
    - Invasion(s)?
    - If applicable, which submod (I have a good idea which one it is, but still...)?
    - Difficulty level?

Edit: I will also go for Gundabad. Factions are behaving rather odd on this map. No problem, that just makes it more interesting.
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 11, 2015 at 08:03 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Can anyone take a guess at these? I've never entered one before. If I can, I'd love to have a go at guessing.

I'm not familiar with a lot of those faction colours as I've only played vanilla. Yellow and green IIRC is Lorien, and based on geography alone I'm guessing brown and yellow is Dunland? White and black must be Gondor, and the rest are presumably the same as vanilla, with slight differences in colour.

With that in mind, who are you? Rhun's pushing hard to the west but there are too many rebel regions within their own territory for it to be human. In fact, many of the eastern and southern factions seem to have that problem - neighbouring rebel territories that a human would surely have taken by turn 50. Isengard might have had some trouble being wedged in there like that, so I could understand them not being able to take that coastal one to their west just yet, especially with Rohan looking so good (although that looks about to change, with a wedge having been forced by Isengard and a shared border between themselves, Rhun and Mordor). I could also understand a player playing as Rohan not wanting to take those two coastal regions to their north-west, to avoid giving Isengard yet another target and to delay establishing a border with the Dunlendings. Dunland is expanding north well, but why wouldn't they take that rebel region to their west? Perhaps because they want to knock out Eriador before it becomes a threat, and drive a deeper wedge between the High Elves and Imladris? The Orcish factions seem promising, but their expansion seems typical with the exception of OotMM who have yet to take Imladris - is this down to a struggling human player or a struggling AI?

Maybe people who have been at this for longer than me would have an easier time guessing; I'm struggling. My money is on either Eriador, or the Orcs of Gundabad. For what it's worth, I'm putting my money on the Orcs of Gundabad.

EDIT:
    Sorry! Was I supposed to wait for that extra info (see Veteraan's post above) before guessing? I took so long thinking that I didn't refresh the page since I opened it, missing the post above.
    Last edited by Boogie Knight; February 11, 2015 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Ninja'd.

Boogie Knight, everyone is allowed to guess. Nice to see a real analyse instead of just the guess.

I added the information below also to the post with the map.

Turn 50 as always
    Tatw 3.2 with MOS 1.6.2 and Reunited kingdom 1.4
    Difficulty level M/M

Yellow and green is indeed Lorien, brown is indeed Dunland and Gondor is now using white. If the game to match colours with factions you had all correct.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Discontent Emeritus

Blog Entries

Gundabad's expansion seems too thoughtful to be random, so Gundabad it is
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Hmm... Gundabad?

Treaper's Avatar Miles

I guess you are the brown-red faction in the middle, northern from Isengard

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Misty Mountains.
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

going with Mordor - they usually take more rebel settlements between them and Dol Guldur, and Minas Tirith has fallen quickly - suggests a human going straight for it. weird map though!