Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TROPICO 5: A Whole New Tropico

Default Re: TROPICO 5: A Whole New Tropico

I suggest killing people.

edit; not sure if it will help but they won't be unemployed if they're dead.
    Last edited by zznɟ ǝɥʇ; May 28, 2014 at 04:37 PM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    I'd be fine if they were lazy but apparently protesting and attacking the government is preferable to getting a job ha.
    Exactly like real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

uhm

i don't see any of your army there.

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    i don't see any of your army there.
    Most of them except 3 battalions defected I guess.

Less features, edicts etc as the last one.

This isn't a whole new Tropico, it's the third time they've released Tropico 3!!
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

This game look very interesting, but I wonder which tropico game is the best one: 3, 4 or 5?

With the new games out now, the third game is kind of pointless now. It's good, but the newer ones just have the same and more to offer.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

I'm calling it 'The Great Fury'.

Burning one of the ghettos.

The high water mark of the uprising. The Palace of Fine Arts and the Russian Embassy were struck by my bombers. The revolutionaries were within sight of the palace.

Aftermath. A path of destruction leading from the central tech park, through the farmlands right into the government district.

10% of the population died. Pretty much every building is missing staff and I can't replace the college and high school jobs. -$300,000 in the hole. Pretty much game over.
    Last edited by I WUB PUGS; June 11, 2014 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    I'm calling it 'The Great Fury'.

Burning one of the ghettos.

The high water mark of the uprising. The Palace of Fine Arts and the Russian Embassy were struck by my bombers. The revolutionaries were within sight of the palace.

Aftermath. A path of destruction leading from the central tech park, through the farmlands right into the government district.

10% of the population died. Pretty much every building is missing staff and I can't replace the college and high school jobs. -$300,000 in the hole. Pretty much game over.
    Why's your balance so damn low?

Factories don't have enough employees. Before the uprising I had like 150K.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I cannot wait for this game.

BTW, 210 homeless? If this was Tropico 4 they would all start becoming rebels, while commies also join to support. A large war pitting 1/4 of Tropican population against another quarter.

Also, it made me chuckle how you turned a portion of your town to a wasteland of stone with roads.

How is the dynastic element in the game? Any similarities with CK2? I love family politics and intrigues in a republic.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

I dont know how you guys do it, but i dont have such problems. had rebels atacking a few times, but that was it. It helps to track down their leaders, and usualy you can bribe the leader of a faction to improve aproval, you can banish him, have him kill etc to resolve the rebel threat.
    Same with crime, or other faction realy.
    Also helps to create all kinds of jobs, and not be dependent on one economic sector imo. All kinds of Tourism is nice if you can, because it have all kind of class working on it. Also helps pay for foreign workers if you are missing qualified labor.
    I had like 500000 in the treasury in my last game. Exported stuff to all major powers and such.

Dynasty doesn't really matter. Although, it does help to have a few dynastic members on standby to help with certain events.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I was just about to buy this game, and then I looked at the requirements.

Holy God, it doesn't support DX9, needs at least Windows 7 to run and 4 GB RAM as minimum?

Sad, sad thing done by developers. It isn't even so revolutionary in graphical excellence that those lazy arses felt that they should permanently upgrade to DX11 while they could've achieved that with DX9. Leaves out so many people. Tropico series isn't known for their graphics anyway.

I still use Windows XP, as it is the most stable one for gaming and supports largest number of games compared to any other OS. And with only 2 GB RAM, I was able to run Tropico 4 fine. Does this game really have so many new features as to require a minimum of 4 GB? I think not, because looking at previous game's examples and this game's previews I think it will just be a new game with a few upgrades from the previous. T4 was essentially T3 with more bling too.

I shall think of buying this game when I upgrade my PC next year. Right now I am feeling the same level of shock and betrayal that I felt when I first played Rome II.
    Last edited by General Maximus; June 13, 2014 at 09:52 AM.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    I dont know how you guys do it, but i dont have such problems. had rebels atacking a few times, but that was it. It helps to track down their leaders, and usualy you can bribe the leader of a faction to improve aproval, you can banish him, have him kill etc to resolve the rebel threat.
    Same with crime, or other faction realy.
    Also helps to create all kinds of jobs, and not be dependent on one economic sector imo. All kinds of Tourism is nice if you can, because it have all kind of class working on it. Also helps pay for foreign workers if you are missing qualified labor.
    I had like 500000 in the treasury in my last game. Exported stuff to all major powers and such.
    This was an uprising, not a rebel attack. Large groups of the general populace take up arms and attack you. They don't look like rebels, they're doctors and old women. Getting rid of the rebels has nothing to do with it. Actually, getting rid of rebels and crime lords can piss the public off since those actions have a negative effect on the populace.

I don't even know how I ended up with an uprising. I think its because I started slipping in and out of negative treasury and I ran out of uranium so I ran out of electricity. This hit my metros hard and this damaged my economy greatly. I think it was he fact that hospitals, the metro and the new entertainment buildings along with the periodic negative treasury finally pissed off the populace. Notice, I beat them back. I just can't recover from that much of a deficit, not with that many open jobs. Oh yeah, those 200 or so are homeless because their homes all burned down from my bombers.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    I was just about to buy this game, and then I looked at the requirements.

Holy God, it doesn't support DX9, needs at least Windows 7 to run and 4 GB RAM as minimum?

Sad, sad thing done by developers. It isn't even so revolutionary in graphical excellence that those lazy arses felt that they should permanently upgrade to DX11 while they could've achieved that with DX9. Leaves out so many people. Tropico series isn't known for their graphics anyway.

I still use Windows XP, as it is the most stable one for gaming and supports largest number of games compared to any other OS. And with only 2 GB RAM, I was able to run Tropico 4 fine. Does this game really have so many new features as to require a minimum of 4 GB? I think not, because looking at previous game's examples and this game's previews I think it will just be a new game with a few upgrades from the previous. T4 was essentially T3 with more bling too.

I shall think of buying this game when I upgrade my PC next year. Right now I am feeling the same level of shock and betrayal that I felt when I first played Rome II.

i'm surprised to hear it doesn't support DX9 but maybe this explains why the optimization is spot on since they chose to focus on DX11. i'm running it with one 560 Ti at 1920x1080 and with mostly everything on high and i like the framerates i'm getting even in developed cities.

mmmhmmm

I'm getting great frames even with 2000 plus people in developed cities. This wasn't even the case with T4.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    This was an uprising, not a rebel attack. Large groups of the general populace take up arms and attack you. They don't look like rebels, they're doctors and old women. Getting rid of the rebels has nothing to do with it. Actually, getting rid of rebels and crime lords can piss the public off since those actions have a negative effect on the populace.

I don't even know how I ended up with an uprising. I think its because I started slipping in and out of negative treasury and I ran out of uranium so I ran out of electricity. This hit my metros hard and this damaged my economy greatly. I think it was he fact that hospitals, the metro and the new entertainment buildings along with the periodic negative treasury finally pissed off the populace. Notice, I beat them back. I just can't recover from that much of a deficit, not with that many open jobs. Oh yeah, those 200 or so are homeless because their homes all burned down from my bombers.
    You bombed your own population?

This game.....is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    You bombed your own population?

This game.....is interesting.
    Agreed.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast