Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Titanium - PC Optimization Guide

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Titanium - PC Optimization Guide

Gentlemen,

editing any TW Game executable is illegal, promoting how to do that is subsequently considered promoting illegal activities.

OP and thread cleaned. Please refrain from promoting illegal activities in the future.

Thank-you for your courtesy, gentlemen.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

I found out how to set core affinity for M2. Any core in particular I should choose? I have 4. I read I should avoid 1, because that's the default one stuff runs on, so it will be busier.

And do I have to reset the affinity every time I play?

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

How do you set core affinity for M2TW?
    Did you expand the file header for the .exe to accept more than 2GB or RAM?
    ...wait, does that come within the illegality of editing the .exe?

Does anyone know of other optimization guides for M2TW?
    Not that I do not like this one, I just think that there could me some other things to be done as well.

lol increasing RAM usage on a executable is hardly editing the exe, is more in the lines of renaming a file or changing the icon, but whatever the =I= says...

Can you post how to set core affinity or a link?

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Apparently, its is illegal;

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Explorer-Guide

However, anyone can google the tutorial for CFF Explorer and find for themselves how to allow the .exe to handle more than 2GB of RAM.
    It just cannot be posted on the forum.

I used Large Address Aware, but it didn't do anything. I timed the game start-up, the map generation, and each of the first ten turns before and after installing it, and there were no differences (well, no significant differences to indicate anything is happening). According to some websites I've read about it, you don't need to edit the .exe to increase the amount of RAM it can use if you're using LAA and a 64 bit OS. You'd have to increase the user memory setting only if you're using a 32 bit OS.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/th...-aware.112556/

For the core affinity, you start the game, then in Task Manager you right click on the process and click the right thing.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...on-in-windows/

Apparently you have to do it every time, though. I guess it's not that bad. You can minimize the game window.

DeftlyPlayed's Avatar Foederatus

Howdy, Just an FYI. I run Windows 10 but for the most this tutorial still works fine. Sometimes what I was looking at on my computer was a bit different than the screen shots used in the tutorial. Not to worry though, the options that the tutorial points you at are there, you just need to be patient and look. NOTE: One big exception is the section on: Tweaking Windows Update. For windows 10 this is 100% changed and the tutorial is not relevant. The reason is that Microsoft changed what they will allow the user to change and how to change. In some versions of Windows 10 it simply is no longer possible to turn off Windows Update. Otherwise the content here is, in my opinion, worth the time to go through. Yes even take the time to do as the author suggests and Google anything you don't understand before applying changes. Well done c.ryo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12