Thread: The Immortals, Rise of Theon

Default The Immortals, Rise of Theon

The Immortals hotseat, Rise of Theon

As some of you know, Im participating in the gaming staff hotseat where we fight to find out whom is the very best hotseater. By pure ironborn irony i ended up with my favorite faction, the ironborn and decided to make a story in the footstep of the campaign. Since all factions are controlled by humans, it can and will lead to some unexpected developments. Hopefully the main characters will stay alive and be the main forces of it, but ive already lost one of them ( whom i intended as the main side character ) unexpectedly

It takes place during the war of the five kings, starting just after events involving Robb Stark hits its untimely peak at Kings Landing.

I shall compile the story here much as i did The rise of the Dragon and Lady of Night, only now with screens and everything as able for keeping.

Please, feel free to comment about anything and everything. But try to keep it constructive and to the point,
    do not make multiple posts in concession but edit the one you have when able so we keep it nice and slick^^

Story word count:
    Death count:

Decleration of Indipendance
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I am a ruler over salt and stone, of iron and wood and mine is the path of the most hardened. The iron throne has long since lost its power, its function and i shall serve it no longer. Hereby independance of the ironborn is declared, the driftwood crown is to be placed upon my head and i thus spit on the spawn of Ceresi whom is no king of mine.

The ironborn seek to establish contact with all the powers of westeros, times of war... Opportunity and profit.
    Our fleet is unmatched, our warriors are numerous and among the finest of all of westeros. Lo to all those whom where to become our enemies indeed!

pay us for protection, pay us for aid or pay us for the backdoor games you play.

I shall await you, for one season. Those whom ignore me, shall earn my eternal ire,
    should those whom dare ignore me have a western coast... They shall be my enemies.

Balon Greyjoy, lord of Pyke and King of the Isles.

Balon Greyjoy, Lord of pyke and king of the isles

Too few, too few have answered our summons. Renly refuse to even acknowledge us while those whom would see him king promises everything between heaven and earth... The Wolf hollers in the north with little being spoken, the fish yet to rear its ugly head... All while the lion paws in the dirt.

"Lets move to support the wolf, i know Robb and with our help he would be king. The riches he would grant us..."

With a sneer, balon spoke up "grant us? I piss on grants, we are ironborn and i will see us take what is rightfully ours and earn our keep the old way. We are not mere soldiers or sellswords, we are ironborn!"

Surveying the exchange, Asha spoke up

"Yet, payment for services rendered is still paying the iron price. Our men clamor for fighting, the gold would fund it as well as keep unwanted enemies at bay... Dressed as whores or not, they would jump at the opportunity with glee. Lets see if the wolf is as willing to pay as he is to have us attend his bed."

Scoffing, Theon looked away while Balon looked more furious than ever albeit nodding.

"Lets hear them all out then, but i shall have them served piss in a cup should they not start bringing pleads to the table instead of this incessant bleeting of "friendship". Love and tolerance is not my business, i seek plunder and war and little more... For that i need but resources." Making a pause and looking out through the stained window, balon muttered "war is upon westeros, i shall teach them to fear us again as is proper, they give us what we demand or see us take it."

Looking upon theon, Balon spat "I will carry no gratitude, no debt or gratitude to anything but the shackles of my words.
    I can only hope my successor will relearn our ways and not be blinded by the constraints of friendship and debt."

Theon could only glare, our word is iron yet words are wind... I shall see us more

Royal correspondance

To all the lords of the Realm,
    Before he was killed, Ned Stark sent me a dire message. He had discovered that Joffrey Waters and his brother and sister are bastards spawn of incest between Jaime Lannister and Cersei Lannister. As such, they have no right to the throne. Ned Stark tried to act on this knowledge, unfortunately he failed. He was executed for trying to do what was right. I admire him for that, a man such as him will be missed.

As is written in the laws of gods and men, the oldest male inherits the lands and titles of a deceased Lord or King. I, Stannis Baratheon, am the oldest surviving male of House Baratheon and as such, the Iron Throne belongs to me by right.

I do hereby claim the Iron Throne of Westeros, may all lord declare their loyalty or be burned a traitor.

Stannis Baratheon, First of his Name, King of the Andals, Rohynar and the First Men,
    Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm

What a pleasant surprise, the spawn of ceresi truly is so both in mind and body. These news shall please father most,
    yet the "true" king of westeros has neither throne nor real power. As power resides wherever men think it resides and truth is what
    people of agree is the truth he is indeed no one at all on his little glorified rock.

There is now no-one on the iron throne, perhaps father shall seek to take it for himself?
    After all, we take what we want from what opportunity arise:

We do not sow

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    King Stannis is establishing his authority.

King Stannis accepts all oaths of fealty. House Tyrell, House Martell and the Stormlands all have declared their loyalty to him, some have proved it, other still have to prove it. For now, he accepts all oaths of fealty. If they have petty disputes, then they need to solve that before he is done, or else he will solve it for them.

Everybody who swears fealty to King Stannis also will have to deal with his justice. Davos is a prime example of his just justice, no crime goes unpunished and no prove of loyalty will go unacknowledged.

What would be your punishment for oathbreaking and betrayal? For breaking the sacred guest rights?
    Supposedly one is to lose ones life by strangulation or decapitation... with Davos as an example do tell,
    do you intend to give them a shave or a hug? Before you make them royalty and your closest advisers?

I do applaud your spineless lack of resolve though, you are too weak to keep them in line so you dont even try.

*snip*Davos' *snip*

As for guest rights, King Stannis certainly do not recall guest rights being broken. Renly was betrayed yes, but on the field of battle, not under the roof of the Tyrells.
    The punnishment is to have ones right hand cut off, for loyalty saving your skin you made that the tip of a finger each. Five offenses and five cuts. perhaps not a shave then, but a haircut? Instead of a hug, a massage?

You made him a lord for loyalty saving your skin ( oh, the hubris ), it takes less to make a king from royal blood so why not do so? You made him your right hand, why not make them advisers? Stannis is iron they say, I know iron when i see it and in you i see little but a broken man fumbling to gather up the pieces of his character.

You can try to masquerade the massacre in the reach, but fact remains: Tyrell betrayed their allies whom they had just celebrated marrige with.
    This after luring them deeper within their lands and having made sweet sweet promises all the while. They killed your brother and all you do is offer a hand whilst turning the cheek?

As stated, some iron...
    King Stannis will not further comment on the mindless babbling of a once failed traitor, who at the first sign of chaos betrayed his oath to the rightful crown again. Robert should have had your house exterminated after the last rebellion, I will not make the same mistake and I'm sure the Lannisters won't either.
    Thats right, run along now. We stood against all of westeros united might and lived to tell about it, yet you cower in fear from some squabbling lords My sons died well, do not insult their memory with bleeting.

Some of us learn from our mistakes, while others... break. Your brothers never learned, will you i wonder?
    We will stand, long after the burning stag has faded to ash along with all whom ever embraced it.

You have made an enemy today

A churning sea

The sea mercilessly hammered Balons flagship, the weathered captain standing tall on the rolling deck. A coin being flipped between his fingers.
    Gold talks, lannister gold more-so than most... Another flip of the coin, lazily rolling over his leathery fingers.

Sail south, south to wage war, the sea is ours by right we said. In return for tribute, he gave us land to lessen the tribute.

Turning his hand, he grasps the coin tightly in his palm.

We have sailed south to wage war, but why should we leave the isles defenseless and fight the reachmen over lions?
    Never did I say whom to attack, nor when... No promise of peace was ever made or a binding duration set... We demanded, he gave.

Releasing his grip on the shiny piece of metal, he opened his palm and eyed it.
    My word is iron, iron can bind even dragons... yet my shackles are unbound and this is but gold, an inferior metal.
    Snorting, Balon flicked the coin over the railings and into the churning sea, the hungry depths swallowing it whole.

The Ironborn have landed, despite the lannister fortifications made and two armies readied to prevent any ironborn Landing,
    Lannisport is besieged by Victarion himself. The crows eye and a band of unproven youths laying siege to Faircastle.

I shall place the driftwood crown upon my head once i have taken Casterly rock itself... Indeed,
    I shall repay you in kind Tywin, for my first rebellion... We remember and We do not sow.

(art by laura)

The lannister coast is in flames, our forces having secured it all to now converge in Casterly Rock itself!
    It was thought a chain of forts would stop us, in a blatant attempt to buy time for reinforcements to arrive and armies prepared.

We will give you no such chance, the floppy fish and little wolf send their regards.
    I told you we where not cheap, a shame the same cannot be said for your men

They where payed to abandon their posts and so they did, we tied the gold around their feet as they where thrown into the sea.
    Thus Lannisport and Casterly rock are surrounded, our assault will come shortly... Blood shall flow for We do not sow!

Rumor says every one of us is worth ten greenlanders, the westerlands supposedly have the finest forces in all of westeros... Lets see how they do!
    [CONTENTBOX=Headcannon and backstory for Balon Greyjoy, the ironborn and the first GJ rebellion]
    Balons first rebellion was instigated as a ploy with Tywin and Balon, they would start a war that would spread and shatter Roberts rule. Balon would ignite the flames and Tywin use his influence to cause civil strife. The war would become very profitable for both houses, yet when Balon not only ignited the flames but sunk the entire lannister fleet. Tywin worried things would get out of his control, the entire coast undefendable due to the loss of the fleet when but some coastal castles where supposed to fall, or the odd town sacked ( thus eradicating any suspicion of GJ and Lannister actually being in league )

Thus, he never did what he promised and Seaguard was forewarned of the attack. Balon was crushed, and only Lannister benefitted from the ordeal.

Thus, Balon seek vengeance. As stated, headcannon that ill employ.

Declaration and gifts
    Somewhere in the rocky hills by Lannisport
    The Tullies are weak, they shame the memory of my son and his warriors by being beaten into nothingness so easily.
    Grumbling, Balon stood up from the worn driftwood chair and walked deeper into the cave, towards the fire as he called for his guards.

Something needs to be done he thought as he held out his hands towards the flames, listening to the sounds of boots against the stone and jingle of chainmail.

"My lord" One of the two guards said as they both beat a fist against their chests, awaiting commands.

"Tell my captains that we attack on the morrow as i tire of waiting, have them prepare the men. I also want it sent to all the lords and would be kings of westeros. Fetch me a scribe.

A message has been sent to all the leading houses of Westeros, their messangers hand picked by Euron himself.

Two crippled twins, their knees broken with hammers was sent on wagons to Lord Tywin.
    A bright boy with his eyes put out and hands cut off was sent to the Starks
    A smelly fisherman, limp, half blind, old and broken sent to the Tullies. Only to die on journey.
    A perfumed performer was sent to Lord Renly, castrated with long eyebrowns and painted lips.
    A mummer was sent to Mace Tyrell, far beyond his prime and too fat to perform while stuttering between ever changing jokes.
    An old woman, nutty and with a following of cats was sent to the sweetrobin, a broken little muppet cradled in her arms.
    An old man, his family long dead and the look of shattered dreams in his eyes was sent to Dorne. Bones of his long dead brought along in a bag.
    A well known fool, with a casket of peaches sent to Stannis. Along with several bottles of strongly concentrated, molted peaches.
    A madman with cuts all over his body, carrying numerous empty jars was sent to King Joffrey.

And then who are you, the proud lord so said,

that I must, bow oh so low?

- - -

he is but a cat in silk, a bright and lovely coat,

that's all the truth I ever knew to be true.

-

In a coat, bright red or white,

a lion has but claws,

And they are long and sharp, my lord,

as long and sharp as yours.

-

And so he spoke, and so he spoke,

that lord of the Rock,

And now the rains weep o'er his hall,

the kraken drawing near.

they all, quake and tremble with fear.

Its time to look yourselves in the mirror, to make a choice for better or worse.
    I know who you are whom oppose me, thinking yourselves clever as you hide in the shadows of plots.
    Do your worst and see me laugh it off as you beat your hands on my walls of water, stone and shields alike.

Waste your time on me on behalf of others, and see your lands burn to ashes around you.

Let it be known, we are our own and serve no one elses purpose.
    We are ironborn and shall pay the iron price, not serve some fiend born of lowly Lannister incest.

Balon Greyjoy, Lord of Pyke and master of the seastone chair, King of the Isles.
    Last edited by Mithridate; August 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Default Re: The Immortals, Rise of Theon

Placeholder
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.