Thread: Independence Wars: Help Needed

Remwr's Avatar Civis

Default Independence Wars: Help Needed

Hey quick question. I'm currently playing as a restored Roman Empire in the year 1022. I keep having these massive revolts where a single count will get upwards of 100k troops. Where may I ask did this count get these free 100k troops to fight with? I haven't lost a war yet, but I've had several close calls because of the combination of free enemy doomstacks as well as the fact that warscore in independence revolts seems hopelessly biased in favor of the independence faction members. Is there anyway for me to counter this. I'm currently at wits end having to assassinate the last leader because I was losing the war badly. Not strategically mind you. I still had the numbers, but in warscore I was getting dangerously close to 100 percent.
    Last edited by Remwr; August 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM.

Default Re: Independence Wars: Help Needed

warscore is based on 2 factors; battle victories and holdings taken.

warscore will slowly tick against the agressor, no matter the battle victories. holdings taken from defender will greatly turn warscore in favour of agressor, even if loosing battles.

warscore will slowly tick in favour of defender, unless holdings are taken by agressor. battle victories will greatly turn warscore in defenders favour, but easily canceled by holdings taken by agressor.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

If they capture some of your holdings, that will raise their warscore a lot. Just by defeating their armies and capturing some of their holdings won't compensate that. You just have to reclaim your land asap. Also if the war has a target, for example it's a war for a specific duchy, the counties of that duchy have a higher warscore value than regular ones.

The 100k stack from mere counts looks strange. That's an army from a single count? Or is it a coalition and all their armies combined form a 100k stack?
    No.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The food for carrions event most likely. I hate nothing more than that event. I believe it gives the rebels an army to match the size of your own to make it 'interesting'.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.