Thread: Disscussion: favorite leaders/rulers

Default Disscussion: favorite leaders/rulers

Who is your favorite leader or rule of three kingdoms era?

Id have to say mine is Ke Binneng the hun warlord. At one point he had an army of 100 thousand horse archers and had united most of the xian bei tribes under his banner. He was well educated and had begun adopting han technologies for his people. Eventually wei assasinated him but i think if he hadnt been killed he might have been the next attila the hun or pulled a ghengis khan. Horse archers were OPed in that time period and he had 100k of the finest horse archers. It be like when germany rolled up panzers against polands cavalry in ww2. Overkill. This guy was even developing seige weaponry taken from the han.

Default Re: Disscussion: favorite leaders/rulers

I presume this is the Kong Zhou appreciation thread.
    http://cdn.lordyuanshu.com/images/RT...ngzhouqiao.JPG
    http://i.imgur.com/7NVmM.png

I feel like Cao Cao def deserves to be one of the greatest leaders of the Three Kingdom era. He reunited the North and almost came close to reuniting the former Han.
    So I would say Cao Cao is my favorite ruler (not the most played faction mind you, thanks to Romance of the Three kingdom bias that has been rooted firmly it forces me to play as Liu Bei and take over Jing and then Shu and later on the whole empire).

Cao Cao is one of my favs too. He is made out to be a villian but he was doing what he needed to survive. He never usurped the throne nor do i think he would have had he lived longer. Liu bei is made out to be a hero when he is guilty of many things that cao cao was slandered for. Liu bei was also trying to gain more power and would have likely used the emporer for his gains the same as cao cao.

That being said, Cao Cao is too easy to play as in every game i have played about rotk. even in this game, my cao cao campaign i have the biggest army and so much money that any army without a general i just can bribe away from the enemy. I actually got to the point where I have auto resolved alot of battles as I just have so many troops. I usually never auto resolve battles in total war. Its no wonder when the AI controls cao cao he spams so many stacks. His location gives him alot of cities and money.

Liu Bei, because I tend to go for the token good guys.