Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Bug Reports

Default Re: Titanium - Bug Reports

I have a question, do I need to install all kingdoms expansions for SS and sub-mods to work? I have gold edition, but i would like to save space and only install medieval 2 total war without the expansions. I think i read once somewhere that we don't need them but i'm not sure, is there something specific i have to do if i dont install them?

I also read somewhere that you don't need any of the CA Kingdoms campaigns installed, but I installed just one and everything is fine

For good ol' disc versions of the game you only need to have installed at least 1 of the Kingdoms Campaigns, I think you can even delete the campaign folder afterwards as what is only really needed is the kingdoms.exe and some other miscellaneous file that might be installed.

For Steam version of M2TW, well in my signature is a link that can help you with that. No kingdoms campaigns installed should be needed in that case I think.

I noticed a curious thing. If i install ss6.3 » ss6.3 patch 2.5 » ss6.4 i get two unistall.exe, one that removes ss6.3 and the other removes patch 6.4.
    But if i just install ss6.3 and then ss6.4 i only get one uninstall folder which says it will remove patch 6.4, but only 6.4? It doesn't also uninstalls ss6.3? I don't have any ss6.3 unistaller at the moment and if i follow this install sequence there is no record of SS6.3 or SS6.4 in the "Programs and Features" List in the "Control Panel", but when i do the first sequence with patch2.5 of ss6.3 there is a record of SS in Programs and Features List. I ask this because i want to unistall SS again, this time i'm not getting a CTD, the game is just freezing in a battle right before the units collide, but i dont have SS6.3 unistall.exe ... just have for SS6.4 patch.

This doesn't happen to you guys?
    Last edited by GenPattonx; December 12, 2014 at 09:28 AM.

I just go to my mods folder delete SS6.3 folder(or Titantium_alpha) then just CCleaner and registry cleaner and reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Caim View Post
    2 Shouldn't the antipope trait remove the cardinal trait? after doing some research on the matter, anyone who rose to the status of "antipope" was disowned by the papacy. therefore, probably shouldn't be in the college of cardinals? As the HRE, you can kill the Pope, have your cardinal gain antipope trait, and them have him voted pope the next election, as i did, all in less than 5 turns from the beginning. The Papal backing made the early parts of the game that much easier.
    as a suggestion to the antipope trait, is it possible to have the Antipope of the HRE call crusades like an Imam? (Anti)Pope Innocent III called a crusade that eventually got rolling.
    "Antipope" and "cardinal" are two different levels of the same trait (Priestlevel). Have you got any priest that had both?
    The "antipope" that SS mod -and, subsequently this submod- features is not a new pope; it's just a catholic priest/cardinal with some tweaks. Making him be like the pope is hardcoded.

Lord Caim's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by gsthoed View Post
    "Antipope" and "cardinal" are two different levels of the same trait (Priestlevel). Have you got any priest that had both?
    3 Holy Roman Antipopes in a row. one of them was pushed to the preferatti because of his antipope, and subsequently became the next pope. i tried to track down whether he retained the antipope trait after he became the pope for bug testing purposes, however, i forgot and he died. Good riddance to him though, my own priest did not reconcile me.

The "antipope" that SS mod -and, subsequently this submod- features is not a new pope; it's just a catholic priest/cardinal with some tweaks. Making him be like the pope is hardcoded.
    Yeah, I know that now, after looking pretty hard to see if i could turn the 'antipope' into a catholic dressed imam with the little jihad button in his character scroll. this is, however definitely hardcoded. nothing i can see offers any distinction between priest and imam, they are the same thing outside of the game.

2 Shouldn't the antipope trait remove the cardinal trait?
    3 Holy Roman Antipopes in a row.
    This is the "antipope and cardinal" trait:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trait PriestLevel
    Characters priest

Level Bishop
    Description Bishop_desc
    EffectsDescription Bishop_effects_desc
    GainMessage Bishop_gain_desc
    LoseMessage Bishop_lose_desc
    Threshold 1 

Effect Piety 1 
    Effect Level 1 

Level Cardinal
    Description Cardinal_desc
    EffectsDescription Cardinal_effects_desc
    Threshold 2 

Effect Piety 1 
    Effect Level 2 
    Effect HeresyImmunity 1 

Level Patriarch
    Description Patriarch_desc
    EffectsDescription Patriarch_effects_desc
    GainMessage Patriarch_gain_desc
    Threshold 3 

Effect HeresyImmunity 1
    Effect Piety 4
    Effect Level 3
    Effect MovementPoints 10

Level Antipope
    Description Antipope_desc
    EffectsDescription Antipope_effects_desc
    GainMessage Antipope_gain_desc
    LoseMessage Antipope_lose_desc
    Threshold 4 

Effect HeresyImmunity 1
    Effect Piety 4
    Effect Level 3
    Effect MovementPoints 20

and these are the corresponding entries in export_vnvs:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    {Cardinal_desc}Now holding the rank of Cardinal, a position granted to this man by the Pope himself.
    {Cardinal_effects_desc}+1 Piety
    {Cardinal}Cardinal
    {Antipope_desc}This man has openly claimed that he is the true Pope!
    {Antipope_effects_desc}+4 Piety, +100% to movement points (increases movement range)
    {Antipope_gain_desc}Following your recent excommunication, a priest with considerable power has openly opposed against the current Pope and made a competing claim to be the Pope.
    {Antipope_lose_desc}With your recent reconcilation, this man no longer leads openly claims to be the Pope.
    {Antipope}The Antipope

The underline in first quote is mine. It is as simple as this: A character cannot have two levels of the same trait at the same time.

one of them was pushed to the preferatti because of his antipope, and subsequently became the next pope.
    If I exclude the "because of his antipope", I'm with you in this. @Melooo182: Maybe it would be a good idea, in order to reduce the chance of the event Lord Caim reported, we can add some negative effects to Eligibility and maybe Purity.
    But removing an Antipope priest from the college of cardinals while keeping him alive is impossible.

The underline in first quote is mine. It is as simple as this: A character cannot have two levels of the same trait at the same time.
    Yes, i get that. Maybe i was being confusing. At first i thought he had both, but upon inspection he was a cardinal(by virtue of being in the college of cardinals, not the trait level) who had the antipope trait level.

If I exclude the "because of his antipope", I'm with you in this.
    By that i mean because of his piety bonus, not the trait itself.

As questions for thought, priests cant be kicked out of the college, even if you drop their piety to 0? hm.
    Perhaps the highest ranked priest not in the college could become antipope? Just thinking out loud here.
    By the way melooo and crew, if there is anything i can actually help with let me know.

got this little number... ive never seen it before and that's kind of surprising to me, that i hadn't encountered an error with LevInf. Tracing it back, the only usage of this missing mesh is on the EDU "Peasants" aka levy infantry for their first armor upgrade. they are not in my army, but a rebel army causing a CTD every time i try to battle map with him.
    I looked through previous versions of SS and Titanium to see if it was accidentally removed but i couldn't find the .mesh files by that name so someone forgot to include them or rename this mesh.

Code:
    16:12:47.974 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/OverlayTextures/variations/south_european/character_overlay_base.texture
    16:12:47.974 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/OverlayTextures/character_overlay_base.texture (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    16:12:47.974 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/OverlayTextures/character_overlay_base.texture (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    16:12:47.974 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod0.mesh
    16:12:47.975 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod0.mesh,,not found
    16:12:47.975 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod0.mesh,,not found
    16:12:47.975 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod0.mesh is missing
    16:12:47.976 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod1.mesh
    16:12:47.976 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod1.mesh,,not found
    16:12:47.976 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod1.mesh,,not found
    16:12:47.976 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod1.mesh is missing
    16:12:47.977 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod2.mesh
    16:12:47.977 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod2.mesh,,not found
    16:12:47.977 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod2.mesh,,not found
    16:12:47.977 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod2.mesh is missing
    16:12:47.977 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod3.mesh
    16:12:47.978 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod3.mesh,,not found
    16:12:47.978 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod3.mesh,,not found
    16:12:47.978 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/levy_infantry_lod3.mesh is missing
    16:12:47.978 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Not sure if all of these are bugs:

1. It is possible to build Knights Hospitaller and St. Lazarus Knights in the same city. Intended?

2. A few buildings with the description: "Do not translate, not meant for this faction", or something like that.

3. When viewing buildings in the building browser, especially when viewing city buildings in a castle or some of the buildings mentionend in 2, the UI starts to overlap and produce various other errors (like buttons losing their graphics) that will eventually result in the game freezing after some time.

4. I really don't know if this is something about Titanium, but while playing on vh campaign settings without Byg's as Sicily, weird things happened to the AI armies.
    The crusader states got a jihad called on Jerusalem and were attacked by 5 full stacks, but every time they got sieged, their garrisson magically filled up by about half, allowing them to fight back the attackers. Over the course of 30ish turns, the constant sieges gave them such a massive amount of troops, that they wiped out the egypt faction and are now second only to byzantines, with the jihad on jerusalem still going.
    Next on the byzantines, had a strong start as usual, however at some turn their already number 1 military level has increased by somewhere around 40%, which should be impossible even if they recruit all the stuff they have. My ranking went from about 33% of their military to 22%, without losing a significant amount of troops during that turn, also implying about a 50% increase in their military strength in 1 turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cepheiden View Post
    Not sure if all of these are bugs:

1. It is possible to build Knights Hospitaller and St. Lazarus Knights in the same city. Intended?
    This is part of the regional knight orders sub mod. so yes it is intended. for more info check out that particular sub mod.

as for # 4
    I also noticed a very unhealthy amount of crusader gains and egyptian genocide, in almost every campaign i start that is not either of the two. Needless to say, egypt is usually gone by turn 30 and almost always from turn 50

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

for #4:
    to have garrison script is OK, Im using it in every mod, however if this is a case perhaps you need to redo this, ie give countdown time of 10 turns, for example.

4# probably is a side a effect of the updated Constantinople and Jerusalem auto reinforce when under Jihads

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    4# probably is a side a effect of the updated Constantinople and Jerusalem auto reinforce when under Jihads
    Can you fix it?

well i can tone down the reinforcements, but for a real fix it may need a redesign, i could thinker with it and perhaps come up with a solution but it will take some time. Gsthoed can help a lot more here, when he gets time next month.

I'll be for the moment busy with getting the High Era rolling.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I know you'll do the best of the mod.

By the way melooo and crew, if there is anything i can actually help with let me know.
    Your help is gonna be handy
    I you want to join us and help with the txt files fixing stuff here and there send me a PM
    I'll give you access to the internal files

First of all, loving a lot of the new features of this alpha! However, I've reached turn 19 playing as Genoa and get a CTD - unspecified error - every time I try and end my turn. I've checked the long/detailed system log and can't find any problems so I'm not sure what's causing it. In my campaign I am sieging Milan, but I've tried breaking the siege to see if that's the problem and it still crashes. I've also tried disabling autosaving but that didn't work either. So maybe it's a bug, and maybe it's just me. I'm attaching my save if anyone has the time to try it and see if it is just me having the issue.

While I'm mentioning this, I would just like to through in 2 thoughts of mine on the mod. I've noticed that during a siege when the enemy decides to sally forth, if units get to close their towers still fire like crazy even if there are no troops within the walls which seems a bit weird (only a minor issue, and justifiable, just not my cup of tea). The second is the extremely long build times in settlements (which again is not really a problem so much as a preference). It would be cool if in later releases there was an option to select what build times are like because for the most part I remember them being half of what they are now in SS 6.4 which would be nice to see again. Otherwise, I really like the new map, music, and other features... I also have not experienced any battle CTDs which is a huge plus!
    Attached Files Attached Files