Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Faction Preview

Default Re: Titanium - Faction Preview

Serbia and Cilicia Armenia will be left for High Era definitively

About Zirids i'm actually pondering it, they could really make the campaign a lot more fun in the Mediterranean.
    and for quoting your comment in the other thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    Creating Zirids could probably be graded down to just reskinning and combining a set of Fatimid and Almoravid troops.

At least for starters
    Deteriorate, your planned submod might officially come part of the Early Era campaign after all xD

Any Objections against making Zirids and Georgia the last 2 factions for completing Early Era lineup?

This still doesn't reassure that Portugal is staying but they will for now.

Senator

I think Zirids and Georgia would be great additions for Early Era, they'd certainly add some spice to one particularly monochrome and one particularly contested region in the game.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    I think Zirids and Georgia would be great additions for Early Era, they'd certainly add some spice to one particularly monochrome and one particularly contested region in the game.
    After the Zirid faction is created;

RE-reskin the banner and BOOM we have a replacement for late campaign Zirids

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    After the Zirid faction is created;

RE-reskin the banner and BOOM we have a replacement for late campaign Zirids
    Haha, although I think Late campaign will require the faction slots to be used elsewhere...

Pisa, Milan and Florence would all be neat. It is my opinion the Obotrites and Georgia can go, as well as Cilicia. The Italian states had a much bigger impact than these factions.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Altair Ibn La Had View Post
    Pisa, Milan and Florence would all be neat. It is my opinion the Obotrites and Georgia can go, as well as Cilicia. The Italian states had a much bigger impact than these factions.
    Pisa, yes, though I think it is represented as Genoa & Pisa in this game?

Milan and Florence, no. Nowhere near as much strategic impact.

The way to think about it, I think, is to consider the Italian city state that establishes control as the head of the Lombard League - be it Genoa/Pisa or Venice. Since the Lombard League represented an actual strategic power that fought the HRE, rather than the individual states. Plus you have to consider gameplay/balance issues. Adding flavour and diversity to regions that can get easily dominated by one or two factions is important.

Hello guys lovely mod, but 1100 year couldn't you get Croats in mmm...
    Please, Eras Total Conquest had it, but they switch it with some other country.
    Don't take it as an insult or any kind of order, this is your mod hard work, but it will be cool of you to do it.
    And congrats on alpha release.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by the Captain Fich View Post
    Hello guys lovely mod, but 1100 year couldn't you get Croats in mmm...
    Please, Eras Total Conquest had it, but they switch it with some other country.
    Don't take it as an insult or any kind of order, this is your mod hard work, but it will be cool of you to do it.
    And congrats on alpha release.
    Thank you, on behalf of the team we all appreciate your kind words.
    The wikipedia article whose link you have provided gives the duration of the kingdom of Croatia from 925 to 1102.
    There are more relevant factions than the Croats that were elbowed out and not enough people to work in producing enough new models and skins.
    So, at least for the time being, we are not thinking about the Croats.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Thank you, on behalf of the team we all appreciate your kind words.
    The wikipedia article whose link you have provided gives the duration of the kingdom of Croatia from 925 to 1102.
    There are more relevant factions than the Croats that were elbowed out and not enough people to work in producing enough new models and skins.
    So, at least for the time being, we are not thinking about the Croats.
    Thanks for the explanation, it's a pity they have an awesome history like stopping Ottomans.
    But nm, keep your awesome work up good luck

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by the Captain Fich View Post
    it's a pity they have an awesome history like stopping Ottomans.
    ehh? They stop Ottomans when, where?? What are you talking about?
    btw link from wiki that you post is hardly a evidence and there is so little historical facts that can prove that. On the old maps from that time there is no mention about kingdom there, just people who declare as croats, and the only relevant map on that wiki link is the map from 19th century, talking about kingdom and its origins from 10th century...

as for awesome history, well anything I would write will flame thread so Im not going to open that can of worms...

anyway in general I agree that more factions on middle east and balkan are needed, so far middle east is sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihajlo View Post
    ...I'm not going to open that can of worms...
    Mihajlo, you sort of did open that can of worms and I want it closed.
    Disagreements about history are discussed in another forum.
    I do not want to see a follow-up on this by any of you.

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Mihajlo, you sort of did open that can of worms and I want it closed.
    Disagreements about history are discussed in another forum.
    I do not want to see a follow-up on this by any of you.
    well yep, sort of...
    you have a point. My apologies :/

back on topic, are you sure that Armenia faction wont be overkill for that part of the map, already kinda overcrowded there

...are you sure that Armenia faction wont be overkill for that part of the map, already kinda overcrowded there
    Perhaps, I don't know about that. You are going to have to wait for answer by Melooo on this.
    I am mostly the modelling guy.

I noticed that you will be including the Teutonic Crusades mod made by Shoryn. I have to say I love that mod and I am glad to see that it will be included in Titanium.
    I think there are a few bugs consigning the Ducal cavalry's riders, the archer units for European factions and mounts for European factions though.

The mod removes those famous decorated helmets worn by Ritterbruder and I wondered, would you bringing those helmets back or would you be leaving them how they are?

*Concerning not consigning.

are you sure that Armenia faction wont be overkill for that part of the map, already kinda overcrowded there
    For High Era campaign, Armenia-Cilicia will take the place of Georgia, since by 1225 the kingdom of Georgia was crippled by a Kwarezmian invasion and soon after they became part of the Mongol Empire...so no much point of having them as a faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    For High Era campaign, Armenia-Cilicia will take the place of Georgia, since by 1225 the kingdom of Georgia was crippled by a Kwarezmian invasion and soon after they became part of the Mongol Empire...so no much point of having them as a faction.
    I love this idea very much. Will you remove Zirids in high era? I agree they should be in early era, definetly. But i think there are more important factions for high era. However, this is just my opinion. Will there be Serbian kingdom in high era? And will there be no Armenia in early era?

Yes Serbia will replace Sicily, as the Sicilian Kingdom was part of Emperor Frederick II's domains and later became a satellite state 1st for France and then Aragon.

Portugal will be back since it was already an independent kingdom so no Hafsids (zirds successors)

Been thinking on having the Bulgarian Empire replace the cumans but not sure yet
    The balkans/anatolia would become really interesting and i think is appropriate for the time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Yes Serbia will replace Sicily, as the Sicilian Kingdom was part of Emperor Frederick II's domains and later became a satellite state 1st for France and then Aragon.

Portugal will be back since it was already an independent kingdom so no Hafsids (zirds successors)

Been thinking on having the Bulgarian Empire replace the cumans but not sure yet
    The balkans/anatolia would become really interesting and i think is appropriate for the time frame.
    I was about to suggest Bulgarians over Cumans. But like you said, im not sure about it, hm...
    Anyway, I like your idea about removing sicily in high era.
    Do you need some help with your submod? I know to work in EDU, EDB and BM

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Where to download this mod ?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast