Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Faction Preview

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Icon4 Titanium - Faction Preview

Faction Preview

Members

RollingWave - Did almost all of the faction, recruitment and muslim unit converting work exclusively by himself, please +++ rep him

31 Factions:

• Kingdom of England
    • Kingdom of the Franks
    • Kingdom of the Scots
    • Holy Roman Empire
    • Kingdom of Denmark
    • Kingdom of Norway
    • Kingdom of Hungary
    • Kingdom of Poland
    • Republic of Venice
    • Republic of Genoa
    • County of Sicily
    • Papal States
    • Kingdom of Leon and Castille
    • Kingdom of Aragon-Navarre
    • Emirate of the Almoravid's
    • Great Novgorod
    • Principality of Kiev
    • Volga Bulgaria
    • Cuman-Kipchak
    • Roman Empire
    • Kingdom of Georgia
    • Principality of Cicilia
    • Principality of Rascia
    • Fatimid Caliphate
    • Sultanate of Rum
    • Seljuk Empire
    • Obotrites
    • Crusader States
    • Abbasid Caliphate
    • Ghor Sultanate
    • Independent States

If you have any questions about the factions please post them here.
    Last edited by Andytheplatypus; August 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Lord of Shadows's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Titanium - Faction Preview

One question: Why did you replaced Lithuania with Obotrites?

It would have been a big stretch to have Lithuania as a faction at 1100. We chose the Obotrites to replace them as they were still in the general area (to help balance that region) and made much more historical sense existing at 1100.

Lord of Shadows's Avatar Campidoctor

Ok then.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    It would have been a big stretch to have Lithuania as a faction at 1100. We chose the Obotrites to replace them as they were still in the general area (to help balance that region) and made much more historical sense existing at 1100.
    Since there are going to be three campaigns, are Lithuania going to be included in one of the later ones when they're more historically accurate?

Also, I'm gonna say here that you're doing an amazing job organising all of this. You're basically single handedly reviving SS. I know my saying that doesn't mean much but still, you're already a hero of this community to me.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

yeah, when we get to later campaign Lithuania will replace Obotrites again.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Also, I'm gonna say here that you're doing an amazing job organising all of this. You're basically single handedly reviving SS. I know my saying that doesn't mean much but still, you're already a hero of this community to me.
    Thank you but its not really me thats doing most of the work. I did a small amount of coding and looked over some scripts. The other members have put in much more work then I have. I am only the public relations guy. Make sure to rep the rest of the team if you like what they are doing

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

you removed Portugal?... Portugal was a really important faction during medieval times
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    you removed Portugal?... Portugal was a really important faction during medieval times
    I know, we get this all the time actually... Its nothing personal, its not like we have something against Portugal. But at the starting date of this mod 1100 I wanted to add other factions to help balance regions if there was 1 more faction on the faction limit Portugal would be in. You can bet it will be in the later versions of this mod, plus you will be able to recruit Portugal AoR units as other factions.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

of course that's the answer lol, all historically based mods have to deal with the "why is this faction not included"?

but how are you going to add Portugal later on if you're already on the faction limit?

i'd suggest besides adding Portugal to some AOR units, add them as a subfaction of rebels
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Some of the factions that are in now will be removed on next release.

That is a good idea.

D.Vallier's Avatar Libertus

Wow! Amazing work! +rep!
    You did exactly what I was trying to do as a submod!
    But why don't you include Portugal as a County (as it really was in 1100) and in 1139, an event occurs and the faction changes it's name into Kingdom of Portugal (as it really happened)?
    Only a suggestion, as your mod is historically based. It would be more accurate on my point of view.
    Last edited by D.Vallier; August 21, 2013 at 06:36 PM.
    D. Vallier sends regards...
    "Una parola d'onuri vali sangu."
    (La Famiglia's motto)

hardcoded faction limit is 30+1

I know that, mate.
    The suggestion lies here: wouldn't be interesting to replace some less important faction by Portugal? (i.e.: Ghor Sultanate, which is more like a dinasty from 1148, bound to Seljuks)
    It was an important state in european history. I posted that SUGGESTION in it's proper thread anyway.
    Hope you guys consider it!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by D.Vallier; August 21, 2013 at 07:28 PM.
    (La Famiglia's motto)

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by D.Vallier View Post
    I know that, mate.
    The suggestion lies here: wouldn't be interesting to replace some less important faction by Portugal? (i.e.: Ghor Sultanate, which is more like a dinasty from 1148, bound to Seljuks)
    It was an important state in european history. I posted that SUGGESTION in it's proper thread anyway.
    Hope you guys consider it!
    Cheers!
    The thing is the 1100 campaign will stop having events after 200 turns, with 2 turns per year that means it ends at 1200. So it's pretty much half either way.

That, and from a gameplay perspective, the varying factions vying for control on Iberia will have taken Portugal by 1150ish anyway - so where would Portugal spawn?

The thing is the 1100 campaign will stop having events after 200 turns, with 2 turns per year that means it ends at 1200. So it's pretty much half either way.

That, and from a gameplay perspective, the varying factions vying for control on Iberia will have taken Portugal by 1150ish anyway - so where would Portugal spawn?
    I see your point but the same applies to Aragon-Navarre, Ghor Sultanate (which will be certainly crush before 1150, I'm sure, Pressed at the east of the map with that big Seljuk Sultanate there, oh boy! ). And also to Armenian Cilicia (which is usually the first one to go down Even with those crusaders to their south, AI is not so smart to manage turks and a furious seljuk or even crusade thirsty for expansion).

With a huge Cuman-Kypchack confederation at the Steppes, Georgia will crash soon too.
    In fact, I believe Portugal is one with higher chances to survive longer (of those listed), since it's catholic (Pope's interference between Chritian wars is always important) and can forge alliance to an expanding Aragon against Spain, and also with the Moors (or with the spanish, as you like), advancing to Cordoba etc.
    Starting as a County with Oporto, taking Coimbra (or Lisbon and then Silves), Portugal can use it's diplomacy and religious advantage. That the AI usually does. It's an existance through war. Takes the name of the game. It will be total war!
    And, well, if you give some more space to Portugal expand, it can even take down someone there in Iberia... Trust me, it happens.

Come to think of it, if the faction is to crack down, I'm sure it will be after Armenia, Ghor Sultanate and... maybe Georgia (it's hard to foresee that to these caucasian fellows!)
    Also, it's a more accurate historical suggestion too. But it's only a suggestion from a fan, you know. I just hope you consider it carefully
    Cheers!
    Last edited by D.Vallier; August 21, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
    (La Famiglia's motto)

Sorry for double-post, mate!
    But if there will be Early/ Late era campaigns, Portugal could at least appear in the Late Era, right?
    Sorry again! Cheers!
    (La Famiglia's motto)

Senator

Sorry for double-post, mate!
    But if there will be Early/ Late era campaigns, Portugal could at least appear in the Late Era, right?
    Sorry again! Cheers!
    Portugal will be a playble faction in the Late Era, as will others like Lithuania. That much was clear from the start.

Portugal will be a playble faction in the Late Era, as will others like Lithuania. That much was clear from the start.
    Ok, sorry man...
    I really would like that faction at Early Era - that's the truth - but the arguments from both you and napoleonic (specially) made it clear to me
    Actually I was afraid you guys didn't put it, seemed like you were determined not to include Portugal - thought only Lithuania would come for the Obotrites.
    Anyway, you guys showed me the reasons to accept it and also you, Larkin, about the regions in Norway. For that I thank you all.
    But sorry if I wasted you guys with that. Didn't mean to.
    (La Famiglia's motto)

Senator

Ok, sorry man...
    I really would like that faction at Early Era - that's the truth - but the arguments from both you and napoleonic (specially) made it clear to me
    Actually I was afraid you guys didn't put it, seemed like you were determined not to include Portugal - thought only Lithuania would come for the Obotrites.
    Anyway, you guys showed me the reasons to accept it and also you, Larkin, about the regions in Norway. For that I thank you all.
    But sorry if I wasted you guys with that. Didn't mean to.
    Don't worry about it, no harm in asking questions. You'll just have to play with a different faction in the Early campaign and wait for the other ones to play as Portugal, that's not the end of the world!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast