Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Campaign Map Preview

Default Re: Titanium - Campaign Map Preview

Do the textures have a higher resolution?
    It does not seem to me like that. Seems just like a different texture, not better though

Foederatus

There is a white province in a south of France. Whose is it?

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Very Nice !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Quote Originally Posted by KAST View Post
    There is a white province in a south of France. Whose is it?
    It is said that it belongs to the Crusader states.

Chef_Jimmy's Avatar Libertus

as far as campaign maps go.... I'm reading about path finding issues with the AI & how much better & expansive the AI factions are with a tad more movement points & the settlements on the map being within 1 turn of movement of each other. Has an of that thinking n integrated in Titanium's map design?

Yes.
    Keep reading what you are reading, because you 'll see that this thinking is half the story.
    Last edited by gsthoed; September 06, 2014 at 03:41 PM.

Just fooling around with strat models in 3dsmax
    this could be a replacement for the Teutonic Order Grand Master

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

excellent!!

New European King strat model, using mail armour instead of the full plate suit
    don't mind the weird looking crown, it's missing the alpha channel, but it will look good in game.

Looking forward to those new models.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Astonishing work!!!

For the Crusader States having the ancillary title of "King of Jerusalem" grants the character that blue and white livery, the "Prince of Antioch" title grants the red and blue one. This is regardless if they are Faction Leader/Heir, as for being the Crusader States' Faction Leader doesn't necessarily mean he also the lord of these fiefs, in fact with the help of some traits and ancillaries tweak, these titles can be hereditary under certain conditions.

That's awesome man

Really excited about Titanium...

It's nice having mods like EB2, DBM, ect but i have wanted a really good updated version of SS forever since it's based on what M2TW setting is.

I been playing alot of CK2 to get my Medieval setting fix for now, but super pumped up for mods like this and DOTS!

In my opinion:

- textures and strat map settlements on post 1 are too dark and a bit blurry as some have already pointed out, i dont like it personally, also care about terrain and nature looking actually natural and not human affected - "God does not build in straight lines", plz take a look a this: http://prntscr.com/5fgqnp - u can see how terrain textures joints and repetion and position of several trees create very easily the perception of imaginary straight lines which can really affect the quality of this work

- strat map settlements on post 4 also too dark - i guess walls weren't indeed so nice and clean like we see in vanilla and that's more realistic but maybe it simply looks "nicer" when clean.

- Water/Sea in pictures of post 13 has no expression, there are no waves, no movement effects, it's not better at all, again it doesn't look natural, but this time for diferent reasons.

Sorry if i am sounding a bit harsh, but actually i just hope to be another person who is encouraging the mod team to perfect their work.

Can we expect to see faction leaders, faction heirs, family member, generals and captains all getting their own unique models on the campaign map for each faction? And would those same models from the campaign map appear on the battlefield?

@Vanguard: Yes Faction Leader, Heir and Generals will have specific models but not sure if each faction will have a unique set of stratmap models.
    About the Battle Map versions, maybe in the future, I still dont know how to port from 3ds max to milkshape properly.

Here is some WIP work for NE early generals
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	early NE general preview.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	326890
    Im not satisfied with the helmet, it's using the same Teutonic General one...but maybe a retexture can make it look better.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    @Vanguard: Yes Faction Leader, Heir and Generals will have specific models but not sure if each faction will have a unique set of stratmap models.
    About the Battle Map versions, maybe in the future, I still dont know how to port from 3ds max to milkshape properly.

Here is some WIP work for NE early generals
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	early NE general preview.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	326890
    Im not satisfied with the helmet, it's using the same Teutonic General one...but maybe a retexture can make it look better.
    You need any help with that?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast