Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Model Works and Previews

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Titanium - Unit Preview

Wow Hellekin, the Obotries are beautifull, I like those discreet colors.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Work is complete on scimitars(7), scabbards(4) and shiels(17).
    The rar attachment contains an ms3D file and the textures including normal map in CA TEXTURE format.
    Islamic_Unit_EQ.rar

I'm looking forward to some complements people...

Well I don't have milkshape, how am I supposed to open the files? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Skomorox View Post
    Well I don't have milkshape, how am I supposed to open the files? :/
    http://www.chumba.ch/chumbalum-soft//ms3d/download.html

It's only a 5357 KB
    file.

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Some of the units showed in the first post of this thread use parts taken from CSUR without any permission, especially the heads (but there are also other things).

In particular:

- heads, gambeson (that you have just recolor) and maybe also en helmet...
    http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/An...it-22.jpg.html

- heads, hood and one or two helmets...
    http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/An...it-20.jpg.html

- heads, chainmail hood and one or two helmets and maybe also the light brown gambeson
    http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/An...it-21.jpg.html

- heads and at least one helmet
    http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/An...it-23.jpg.html

- heads and chainmail hood
    http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/An...it-24.jpg.html

- heads
    http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/An...it-26.jpg.html

So i will give you 5 days to remove this images and to remove the parts taken without permission before i call moderators.

Thx,

+Mr.Crow+
    Last edited by +Mr.Crow+; October 12, 2013 at 08:29 AM.
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

War of the West units too obviously. Take care with using stuff without permission, it can lead to the ban.
    Btw, do Polycarpe and Hamilton were agreed to let you use...probably norvegian or hebridan units?
    perhaps it could be decent to add properly credits at least, I recognise Broken Crescent shields too. Its not fair what you're doing with posting in public thread without credits to original modellers/texturers. Broken Crescent let us use their work, the least is to credits the mod, if not the modders individually. Intellectual honesty
    "
    • References, or earlier work, are acknowledged where possible, and plagiarism is avoided."
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; October 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM.

Will any units use warhammers besides the Venetian heavies? If those still exist in this submod?

I'm pretty sure they credited the mods (Broken Crescent for sure) which they used stuff from, in the introduction of the mod. Well anyway, good luck with resolving these problems..

Here's my opinion on this, I fully understand crediting, but I don't get model copyrighting to the extent where you can't improve or use any base of the model or even make a similar model, especially if this model is from a free mod to a game, this to me is a destructive manner in art and stops progress unnecessarily, I'm thinking what would happen if one guy basically single handedly created all possible good models (Infinity of variations for models, but for good realistic faces, there is really not so much variation) and copyrighted them completely.

How do you even know if a part of the model is copied and not recreated and just looks very similar?

In music business, which I am in, if all possible melodies would actually be copyrighted so far you can't use the motive or even use them with personal changes, I think that would be the end of music, it's no secret, absolutely everybody in music copies/improves/gets influence from the previous great guy whether intentionally or not.

You guys realize one day there won't be any new models to make, just like in music melodies, every day there is thousands if not millions of new model variations made , when it comes to such small things as fingers, already I'm sure there is absolutely no good finger variation you can make without copying someone else s variation by accident, without being aware of it, because everybody tries to recreate the same end result.
    Last edited by Skomorox; October 14, 2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: spaces

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

I HAVE CLOSED THIS THREAD TEMPORARILY UNTIL THE IMAGES ABOVE ARE REMOVED.

NAVAJO JOE

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

All questionable images have been removed from preview. This will be sorted out through pm. If there are any questions in the future regarding unit usage please pm me first

Quote Originally Posted by DC53 View Post
    Will any units use warhammers besides the Venetian heavies? If those still exist in this submod?
    No there will not be any 1 handed warhammers in use for this mod. At least for the early era. That weapon did not exist until later.

Indefinitely Banned

Firstly,you need solid proof that those are from CSUR because that type of helmets can be done by everyone and you can't do a proper difference between yours and his.Same applies for chainmail and other stuf you mentioned.

Secondly you seem frustrated....please keep your real life frustration out of this forum,no one cares about your aggresive stance and your threat. You seem to do comments against something that is better than your CSUR and Bellum Crucis mods.....you can't eliminate competition by invoking fake issues.Get solid proofs before showing your face around,ok?

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    All questionable images have been removed from preview. This will be sorted out through pm. If there are any questions in the future regarding unit usage please pm me first
    I've seen that you have solved the problem: I really appreciate your honesty. Thx

Good luck for your project, friend.

Best regards,

+Mr.Crow+

@King of the Ring: sorry, but i argue just with respectful people. According to me, you do not exist.
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by +Mr.Crow+ View Post
    I've seen that you have solved the problem: I really appreciate your honesty. Thx

Good luck for your project, friend.

Best regards,

+Mr.Crow+

@King of the Ring: sorry, but i argue just with respectful people. According to me, you do not exist.
    so according to you,intelligence doesnt exist? you miss it so much you already deny it

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Ring View Post
    so according to you,intelligence doesnt exist? you miss it so much you already deny it
    King of the Ring, for the sake of the fans and your colleagues let it go for now, the mod already took a hit with the loss of some of its units it can't afford to have its best Unit Modeler banned too, Just Put him in your ignore list and move on, Please as a fan of this mod and your work, I beg you, please don't do or say something that will get you suspended or banned and end up putting this mod in jeopardy, just be the bigger man and walk away, I'm sure things will get resolved

There is no win intellectually here if you guys argue, since both sides know the same facts, so this is an argument of honour..

But I suggest dropping it too, the readers can understand the situation by reading it already, there is enough written down.

So as b257 said, since your honour is fine as we understand your position, and the facts are on the table of this page, I say the honourable thing now is to back off of dangerous writing, especially since we all agreed to the forum rules, be they not entirely to our liking or not doesn't matter as it isn't our forum.

I say let's keep only the productive and legal arguments where the rules apply.

(AS for Paleologos scimitars and other models, I will get a look at them asap and comment surely, but I can't right now sine I am on a mac)
    Last edited by Skomorox; October 14, 2013 at 12:41 AM.

Happy to report that progress is being made, though there are still details that require tweaking.
    I think you will appreciate the eyecandy, let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3f1u5jsvyihld6fg.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	295798

Name:	bpa5vq1nxy1yuegfg.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	295799

The pictures may not show due to site server problems.
    Last edited by paleologos; July 11, 2014 at 08:47 PM.

A few more in-game screenies to show off progress but still there remain details that require tweaking-I just can't get a few things quite the way I want them.

The first picture is from an earlier work - taken in cloudy weather- and a a few things in the norm file were different.

Name:	In_Cloudy_Weather.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	295965

I would like to read some comments regarding a comparison, I know the light conditions are not the same but still, which chainmail do you think looks better, the first pic or the bottom row?

Name:	Sunshine-Front_view-1.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	295956

Name:	Sunshine-front_view-2.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	295957

Name:	Sunshine-Right_view-1.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	295958

Name:	Sunshine-Right_view-2.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	295959

Name:	Sunshine-Right_view-3.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	295960

Name:	Sunshine-Left_view.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	399.7 KB 
ID:	295961

Name:	Sunshine-Back_View.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	387.5 KB 
ID:	295963
    Last edited by paleologos; July 11, 2014 at 08:49 PM.

Paleologos, I really suggest you upload the pictures somewhere else as I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING HERE! As for the scimitar in milkshape file, great job!! Looks great, I like how the scimitar looks nasty and kind of scary, shows authority so to say, the size of it is actually perfect, looks better then the boring ones in mtw2. Although I remember when I used milkshake I tended to hate for the terrible difference in quality before and after compiling. Actually I'm surprised people still use milkshake actually, did the newer versions make it better? EDIT: I can finally see the pictures, in a messy way, but I can see them. Before commenting on the chainmail, I want to say the actual unit looks good, I like the red italian prada bag they are wearing . Although now they dissapeared again. Well anyway. From memory, as for the chain mail, the one that looks darker seems more realistic but has a bit of a problem around the shoulder, seems like the texture repeat there isn't flawless and dis-synced, the one which is more uniform seems more "appealing" but also fake but doesn't have a problem around the shoulder. I like the darker more if you could make the transition better around the shoulder. Ok now I can't post this for some reason, if you see this, success......
    Last edited by Skomorox; October 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skomorox View Post
    Paleologos, I really suggest you upload the pictures somewhere else as I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING HERE! As for the scimitar in milkshape file, great job!! Looks great, I like how the scimitar looks nasty and kind of scary, shows authority so to say, the size of it is actually perfect, looks better then the boring ones in mtw2. Although I remember when I used milkshake I tended to hate for the terrible difference in quality before and after compiling. Actually I'm surprised people still use milkshake actually, did the newer versions make it better?
    The pictures manifest themselves at the whim of the site servers.
    If you try another time you may get lucky but I will try to satisfy the request.

Thanks for the complements on the scimitars (don't forget to rep the artist), I did the best I could in limited time, though I would like to know what King of the Ring has to say about them since I made that collection of scimitars on his request.

I have used 3DsMax and though I admit is much more powerful than milkshape I found it tiresome to learn.
    It seems to me it is intended either for outright professionals or extremely dedicated hobbyists and I am neither.
    I found milkshape much more intuitive to learn and was able to do more with it in less time than I had spend to learn what I could of 3dsMax.
    I am using version 1.8.4 of milkshape and there is also a beta on 1.8.5. but I will pass on that one for the time being.

They are not bags, they are pouches and they are not Italian Prada, they are nordic Birka style, historicaly accurate, albeit a bit more gilded than the real things.

About your comments on the mail, the model is textured in milkshape in the JC posture.
    Once the arms are down (in-game), certain triangles (the ones you call dis-synced) are going to be naturally somewhat stretched.
    Nothing that looks perfect in the milkshape preview window can look equally nice in-game, especially the "soft" parts of a model.
    To make things more complicated the amount of stretching also depends on the slope of the ground the figures are standing: if the unit is facing downhill -but they are not bracing- the shoulders will be drawn more to the back, with the chest looking expanded, meaning that the triangles on the front upper torso are going to be streched more than usual to the left and right, while the triangles on the upper back are going to be contracted but the amount of pixels in any given triange remains unchanged!
    Such limitations are inevitable, unless you have the resources of, say George Lucas.

Bottom line, I can't help the stretching ...
    Still, the comments are useful, thanks.
    Last edited by paleologos; October 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM.

You're Units look Great Paleologos, well done