Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

Default Re: Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

I can't wait for this mod, I also am excited to get away from the negativity of Rome 2
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Have these Unit Models been mentioned yet? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?623409

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Yup I have seen those. Nice open source material. + rep

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

I am awaiting this with great anticipation.

Just going to give my 2 cents:

• Kingdom of the Franks ; rename to France, it is both historically safe and more correct to use that name since the term Franks represented most western Europeans at that time, France literally means land/country of the Franks

• Kingdom of Hungary; Do not do the same mistake of letting Croatia/Bosnia and Dalmatia be a rebel country or in Venice, in 1097. / 1102. Hungary conqered all mentioned areas and while the Croatians got a unusualy high autonomy in the deal the kings of Hungary still had complete control of both Croatia and almost every single Dalmatian city including the largest one Zara/Zadar/Jadera. Modders usually make this mistake of giving Dalmatia to Venice not knowing that since the 11th century Venice lost control of it until 1407.

• Kingdom of Leon and Castille ; choose between one, seriously.

• Kingdom of Aragon-Navarre; again, choose between one, or make a Kingdom of Ireland - Romania while you are at it

• Roman Empire; mad props for not calling it "you know what"

• Principality of Rascia ; you can put the "Grand" in the name, probably will get a lot of Serbian gamers trying out the mod with adding just that single word ;x

• Independent States; um...what?

• Kingdom of the Scots; Kingdom of Scotland

• County of Sicily; It became Kingdom of Sicily in 1130. with the unification of the a county and a duchy so I belive it would be a better suited name for the said period.

Last edited by +Marius+; December 04, 2013 at 05:17 PM.

I'd like to propose some ideas that have bugged me for a long time.

On Artillery (non-gunpowder):

I've always felt the AI builds way too many catapults, ballista, and trebuchets. Let's side step the fact that Ballista and Catapults, as shown in the game, have no place on the medieval battlefield. My primary complaint is that the AI seems incapable of differentiating between field armies and siege armies where trebuchets are concerned. Trebuchets simply have no purpose in a pitched battle and were never used for such. Truthfully, a sizable trebuchet could only be fired a couple times an hour IRL. I understand why it needs to be sped up for gameplay purposes but the result is that this unit is effectively exploited by the AI in field battles as I often face AI armies with several units of trebs. I've always felt this impacts the realism of army composition.

Personally, I've always felt they should be constructable equipment after declaring a siege. If there's enough wood and engineers in the army to build siege towers, there's certainly enough of both to build trebuchets. During prolonged sieges, this practice was not uncommon.

Mangonels are ok as they are primarily anti personnel. Ideally, it would be cool if the mangonel projectile could be made to replace the trebuchet "fling cows" feature. Seriously, if battles in game dragged on for days where disease could be an issue, this would be cool but as is, it's useless.

On Naval Units:

Can we please implement a capacity limit on ships? There's no way a single cog is holding an entire army, their horses, and their baggage train. If the player wants to mount an amphibious assault, they should have to consider the logistics of the naval forces required to do so rather than hiring a single cog and sailing across the Med.

Enough has been said in other threads regarding the AI's ability to mount naval incursions that it shouldn't need to be repeated.
    Last edited by CoeurDeLion; December 05, 2013 at 05:13 PM.

Will titanium include BGRV as an option upon setup?

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by the duke dude View Post
    Will titanium include BGRV as an option upon setup?
    Same question !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

can you add the aztecs and america like the original medieval 2 total war?

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    can you add the aztecs and america like the original medieval 2 total war?
    Given the time frame of the mod, I don't think they will since the America's weren't discovered till much later.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

So this mod will have an early and late era and from the looks of things each era will focus on a century. If early is from 1100 to 1204, and late is from 1205 to what I assume would be sometime in the 1300's, what would the final era for 1300's to 1400's be called? Renaissance?

Since Viva la Rebellion is out thanks to Melooo182, are there any hopes for incorporating his work into Titanium??

Answered your question on the other thread.

Wow I am backed up on this thread... ill have to come back and answer all these questions.

@Andytheplatypus:
    Andy if you are interested, while my skills as a modder are, "inefficient," I have been observing the happenings in the forum and a user by the name of nikossaiz

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/membe...8009-nikossaiz

has made mention of creating new byzantine units for the Byzantines using material from broken crescent:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13699446

just thought I would give you a heads up

Nice find +rep

I dunno if this will interest you guys or not but the creator of kingdom of heaven is getting back into modding.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13938321

maybe he has some stuff that could be useful for you guys.

He says DLV with BB is stable, eh? I may have to give good ol' DLV another try. It was my favorite mod while they were still working on it, and it doesn't have the long turn problem of Stainless Steel. Too bad they aren't still active. Stainless Steel really needs to do something about the turns for me to really get into it. If there is anything we can figure out with Titanium to optimize turn speed, then we'd be doing everyone a huge favor. Once you guys give me a build to use, I'll install it twice in separate folders. One for our work. One for messing around with SS's scripting to see if I can make the turns faster.
    Omne Solum Forti Patria (O'Siadhail family motto)

Translation: Every land is a native land to a brave man.

I have limited experience in unit and campaign scripting.

Quote Originally Posted by siadhail View Post
    Stainless Steel really needs to do something about the turns for me to really get into it. If there is anything we can figure out with Titanium to optimize turn speed, then we'd be doing everyone a huge favor. Once you guys give me a build to use, I'll install it twice in separate folders. One for our work. One for messing around with SS's scripting to see if I can make the turns faster.
    That is actually what Melooo has been working on pretty extensively lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    That is actually what Melooo has been working on pretty extensively lately.
    Yeah, I noticed they were working on optimization. But if we launch before they optimize it, we'll still have the slow turns. So I just want to see if I can do anything about it. I doubt I can, but I'd like to try. It would help the SS team too, I'm sure, if any of us figured something out.
    Omne Solum Forti Patria (O'Siadhail family motto)

Translation: Every land is a native land to a brave man.

I have limited experience in unit and campaign scripting.

Quote Originally Posted by siadhail View Post
    Yeah, I noticed they were working on optimization. But if we launch before they optimize it, we'll still have the slow turns. So I just want to see if I can do anything about it. I doubt I can, but I'd like to try. It would help the SS team too, I'm sure, if any of us figured something out.
    If you would like to help with scripting just send melooo a pm and see how you can assist.

Aye i have the stuff uploaded to a googlecode project so you could download it from there, PM me for the link, if you want it