Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

And so I am depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    And so I am depressed.

And that really is not his replacement. I thought you paleologos also know a lot about scripting.

Alas, I have done no scripting for Titanium and I really don't know enough to be fixing any bugs.
    I don't even know what Titanium needs so as to become version 1.0.
    (Any help here will be hugely appreciated)

Personally I always thought that breaking the mod to more than one campaign was excessively ambitious.
    If I were to learn the skills to complete it I would make it one campaign from beginning to end.
    I don't think I can do it.

From what I see there is a deficit of scripters for M2TW throughout the community.

Dontt worry paleologos and titanium team, you could joint to sship and together make much improves and the best submod of medieval 2, i think that if work together is better for all players and i don't know that MWY or Lifth refused...all this is speak it...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I would also suggest that this mod and sship merge. It would be astonishing, because both mods have great ideas.

How is the work going on later campaigns? I would have liked to participate or make my own mod along those lines but I just can't get Geomod to work well, and doing everything by hand is beyond tedious.

If faction slots are a limitation since all campaigns need to share them so far, I can try to fix that even though I can't mod a campaign except by going very slowly. It should just require using extra files and including them in files switched by the SS_Setup.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Heya. I'm currently waiting for Australia's internet to download this, and in the meantime I've got a question. In the intro you guys cite Caudilo's unit pack for persians and romans as a contributory mod. Is this true? Because I love those units, they look so imperial!
    Sorry if this has been asked before.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

SSHIP is currently just a downgrade to SS, any chance this mod will actually continue?

Disappointed that the mod didn't have the units from HURB which expanded and modified the Islamic factions roster significantly

Maybe it will one day, haven't abandoned this completely, I just don't have that much time to mod as I once did.
    I've done some advancements in the coding but they're not significant enough to post something though xD

I do wish someone with post a patch for the missing Mounted Sergeants.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado Outlaw View Post
    Can I make 4 turns per year?
    Moderation by paleologos:
    Try to avoid double posting my friend.
    Last edited by paleologos; December 11, 2017 at 07:49 AM.

Civis

Regarding cavalry balancing in #0.9 BETA + Fix Patch.

Frontal charge is demolishing any infantry completely. Not even strongest spearmen can hold it. Though close combat is pretty good.

If you are talking about "true" knights, then, yes, I know.
    If the charge is weakened they won't be as strong as they were historically.
    If spearmen's anti-cavalry properties are strengthened we will probably get the rock-paper-scissors effect (which I prefer but I am not alone in this mod).
    How do spearmen fare if they are in schiltrom?

Civis

I found sweet spot for me, but it's only for SSHIP. I did use tmodelsk tweaks compilation and modified all charge values to 0.5x and removed powerful charge ability. Then Frontal charges became less brutal, 120 heavy knights vs 80 heavy cav. on first charge infantry lost 15~ men, however on rear charge they get wrecked.

sid66's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: BETA release | DOWNLOAD v0.9 |

Too many setlements,too maaaaany rebels,you remove lithuania and portugal to add ifriqtuia,georgia and ovotrites?Which of them plays a major part in history? If you want to add new factions why not Bulgaria? or to replace cumans with bulgarians?Bulgaria builds a strong kingdom and fights against byzantium almost at equal terms.And exist today!!!!!
    You make the faction names very simplistic,it is not romans but vyzantium especially at 1100,enough for this city-castle province,make all the capital provinces cities and add some historical castles here and there
    to give a strategic depth to the game.Bring back the "metalsmith" advantage to certain provinces from the old medieval like melooo did with his rebellion module.
    At least the module runs smooth,no CTD's no bugs as far as I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by sid66 View Post
    Too many setlements,too maaaaany rebels,you remove lithuania and portugal to add ifriqtuia,georgia and ovotrites?Which of them plays a major part in history? If you want to add new factions why not Bulgaria? or to replace cumans with bulgarians?Bulgaria builds a strong kingdom and fights against byzantium almost at equal terms.And exist today!!!!!
    You make the faction names very simplistic,it is not romans but vyzantium especially at 1100,enough for this city-castle province,make all the capital provinces cities and add some historical castles here and there
    to give a strategic depth to the game.Bring back the "metalsmith" advantage to certain provinces from the old medieval like melooo did with his rebellion module.
    You are of course entitled to your opinions and you are welcome to share them here.
    I could be mistaken about this, but I am getting a feeling of "indignation" from the way you are putting those opinions in words, let me say it's unnecessary.

I will say that when the mod was taking shape I did not get to see it become 100% the way I would like it to be, because I simply am not alone here.
    Other members of the team had their preferences and their opinions and their arguments and regardless of my "official" designation as a team leader, I don't boss people around.

As far as I know the criterion for adding and removing factions was the territory they occupied and the relative power they had at given times.
    Doing away with castles as province capitals is one of the directions the team is considering.
    It would be good for any and all of the fans here to remember that gameplay is not a collection of ad hoc elements but a system of elements, their roles and the way they interact with each other.
    So any change, however small -let alone the radical ones- needs to be harmonized with the rest of the gameplay elements.

At least the module runs smooth,no CTD's no bugs as far as I see it.
    Good to know we have your approval on at least one thing.

sid66's Avatar Laetus

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what you have done.I really do.And yes I have this "indignation".
    You see I play this game from the first shogun total war and I believe that after stainless steel
    the modding community goes back and forth without going nowhere.

You probably have noticed but it doesn't show from your posts that the modding community has gone many places after stainless steel.
    Their gems include but are not limited to Europa Barbarorum II and Third Age Total War.
    These two mods are still absorbing the energies of many modders.
    The current state of the mod team is one scripter (Gigantus), one 2D artist (cedric37) and just one 3D artist (me) for the models of 500 units and their upgrades.
    As you can understand we are just enough to start a Greek political party.

I nonetheless like your indignation.
    Provided you can use it in a creative manner:
    Learn how to script and join the team and then we will be able to put together a lot sooner a version of Titanium that has some of the gameplay features that you are hoping to see.

Remember: Your right to protest what you don't like is only as valid as the action you are taking to change what you don't like.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what you have done.I really do.And yes I have this "indignation".
    You see I play this game from the first shogun total war and I believe that after stainless steel
    the modding community goes back and forth without going nowhere.
    Can you make a simple list of things you would like to see implemented? I am not talking of specific stuff like a new unit or a different faction but rather game mechanics, like the 'metal smith' you mentioned. A short explanation what it is supposed to do will help a lot as well.