Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

Default Re: Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

Mr. Crow is very strict when it comes to CSUR, he won't let just any mod use those units. They have to be used in a historically accurate manner. Other than that they are good units but have to be used in a historically accurate manner if you want to use them.

Yeah I saw his disclaimer. That's why if Sicily hasn't been worked on yet, his units might have been put to good (and accurate!) use. At the very least, the peasants unit looks really awesome with their motley assortment of farm implements =)

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

I have talked to mr crow extensively about his units and permissions. A great guy but I do not agree with his unit sharing rules. Because of this I am strongly against using any of his units. We will have better looking units anyway

Ah okay thanks a lot! It's a pity that he enforces such strict rules on the usage of his units. As long as we have nicer units then everything will be fine =)

my other suggestion would be

1. to make natural disasters appear more.
    2. more heretics, witches
    3. more inquisitions, excommunications for catholics

Senator

Any way to boost AI income? I've noticed in my SS 6.4 campaign practically all factions are bankrupt except me and the two largest factions. They spend spend spend on armies and can't afford to maintain them. Venice has about 6 armies on Rhodes and can't afford a navy to ship them off it. Poland and Denmark both have 3 full stacks but only one city. Aragon has a million armies but no money.

I know an add money script to the AI would add to turn times but I think it is kinda necessary. If there was a way to have it so the larger the faction is, the more money they get, the better (so the AI isn't too strong in the early game with the extra cash).

Also, any way to make Crusades more aggressive? It's kinda stupid to see huge armies walking all the way across the map only to turn around and go home the second the target falls. They should look to attack the holding faction and establish colonies, sort of their own Crusader States type thing.

Edit - oh and please god can we stop with the "afflicted with pneumonia" trait that happens every time a general is on campaign for more than a few turns. So nonsensical and irritating.

It'd be nice if there was a way to recover generals from being afflicted by leprosy etc by a witch, especially if you assassinate/denounce the witch.
    Sorry to be a nag but I'd love for someone to address these. +rep awaits whoever does it...

It is possible to boost ai income. But the ai is so terribly stupid it doesn't know how to save money, it spends as much as possible. We will work on this but only so much can be done.

Don't think its possible to make them more aggressive once crusade is finished.

Sure

Not sure if that's possible

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Sorry to be a nag but I'd love for someone to address these. +rep awaits whoever does it...
    Well in normal SS the economy script kinda does this, but it's excessively complicated and ends up lagging the game terribly. The only problem about giving money is that it ends up making the AI spend even more of it on recruitment, it's hard to actually get the AI to develop infrastructure.......

Senator

Thanks guys, I gotta spread some rep around before I can give it to you two again but I will shortly.

Kinda sucks about the AI spending though. Guess it's different than in Rome where the AI will build everything economic and army focused first given the money.

D.Vallier's Avatar Libertus

Kinda sucks about the AI spending though. Guess it's different than in Rome where the AI will build everything economic and army focused first given the money.
    I'm not an expert in modding, but isn't there any way to make AI a little bit smarter like in Rome?
    D. Vallier sends regards...
    "Una parola d'onuri vali sangu."
    (La Famiglia's motto)

upon looking at features from other mod, I noticed that resources on the map can give more than just trade income, it actually can work a bit like the trait system?!? then I hope this mod will also take on it if possible.

btw is it still planned to be released early September?

Senator

Any chance the cavalry is made slightly weaker on the charge or infantry slightly better in attack?

It's kinda silly to watch cavalry charge up hill into ranks of spearmen and bowl them all over.

Civitate

Default Re: Titanium Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    No way to name your own settlement in game, as far as I know.
    Just as a quick note, you can rename your settlements by double clicking on it and clicking on the name at the top, deleting it and typing in your own name.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Default Re: Titanium Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by D.Vallier View Post
    I'm not an expert in modding, but isn't there any way to make AI a little bit smarter like in Rome?
    There a few things that can be done to improve the AI, which we are working on.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    upon looking at features from other mod, I noticed that resources on the map can give more than just trade income, it actually can work a bit like the trait system?!? then I hope this mod will also take on it if possible.

btw is it still planned to be released early September?
    Eventually something like that can be implemented. Yes release should happen within the next couple of weeks if everything goes according to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Any chance the cavalry is made slightly weaker on the charge or infantry slightly better in attack?

It's kinda silly to watch cavalry charge up hill into ranks of spearmen and bowl them all over.
    We will be using RC 2.0 which has fixed cavalry charges and infantry attacks. If I am not satisfied that it is balanced I will go through the whole EDU by myself and adjust so that it is balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Just as a quick note, you can rename your settlements by double clicking on it and clicking on the name at the top, deleting it and typing in your own name.
    Didnt know that was possible, nice to know.

I see that BYG is team member, but I don't see that BGRIV or V have been included in the mod list. Will we be able to use BGRIV or V or some version by BYG thereof?
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Pleased to see people still working away on Stainless Steel.

There are ways of disbanding units from the AI factions by using labels if they are short of money - you can remove mercenaries, crusader / juhad, and any other label you want to give them.
    (IIRC The old RozMod incorporated this)

I hope you're going to improve the start position of regions in terms of buildings into something more realistic ? Put roads, basic religious and commercial buildings in most regions.

I'm no expert on the topic but wouldn't it be pretty cool if most if not all armies would actually consist of levies and basic troops, even in later eras?
    Not necessarily the stereotypical peasants without any stats as CA has established them - In SS you basically only use Spearmen Sergeants and Men-at-Arms after a few turns have passed; I'd imagine medieval hosts consisted largely of levies and partly of the Men-at-Arms/Household Guards/Knights?

Ingame, you could do that through severely raising recruitment time and cost while decreasing availability. A King could probably raise one professional stack, almost exclusively Knights and their standing troops, but if he'd want to raise another army, he'd need to call upon basic levies... A clever player would redistribute his standing, trained professionals to the levied commoners, which would make for armies having around 3/4 levies and 1/4 trained men. It would also make mercenaries more valuable as they'd provide a massive boost in quality instead of their current nice-to-have-but-not-needed role.
    Armies consisting of levies may sound boring (?) but it wouldn't be one single unit called "levy", you could incorporate a lot of variety and regional levies might be possible, too. And they could be armed with spears/clubs//scythes/pikes/bows. (In later eras that would certainly change as organized training of troops starts to takes place while feudalism declines/sellswords grow in importance. But the main focus of most players are the early/high middle ages, I think)

Anyway, if you've already planned out the units, this is probably redundant as it, of course, would be a major revamp. Good luck on the mod!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbluesky View Post
    I see that BYG is team member, but I don't see that BGRIV or V have been included in the mod list. Will we be able to use BGRIV or V or some version by BYG thereof?
    I invited Byg to the mod because I originally wanted him to make a version similar to BGR II specifically for Titanium. Sadly Byg is no longer modding, so he pretty much just watches our progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    Pleased to see people still working away on Stainless Steel.

There are ways of disbanding units from the AI factions by using labels if they are short of money - you can remove mercenaries, crusader / juhad, and any other label you want to give them.
    (IIRC The old RozMod incorporated this)

I hope you're going to improve the start position of regions in terms of buildings into something more realistic ? Put roads, basic religious and commercial buildings in most regions.
    Good to know, didnt know that. It does sound script heavy though and at the moment we are trying to remove a lot of scripts to increase turn times.

Yes it will be much improved from 6.4

Quote Originally Posted by Numring View Post
    I'm no expert on the topic but wouldn't it be pretty cool if most if not all armies would actually consist of levies and basic troops, even in later eras?
    Not necessarily the stereotypical peasants without any stats as CA has established them - In SS you basically only use Spearmen Sergeants and Men-at-Arms after a few turns have passed; I'd imagine medieval hosts consisted largely of levies and partly of the Men-at-Arms/Household Guards/Knights?

Ingame, you could do that through severely raising recruitment time and cost while decreasing availability. A King could probably raise one professional stack, almost exclusively Knights and their standing troops, but if he'd want to raise another army, he'd need to call upon basic levies... A clever player would redistribute his standing, trained professionals to the levied commoners, which would make for armies having around 3/4 levies and 1/4 trained men. It would also make mercenaries more valuable as they'd provide a massive boost in quality instead of their current nice-to-have-but-not-needed role.
    Armies consisting of levies may sound boring (?) but it wouldn't be one single unit called "levy", you could incorporate a lot of variety and regional levies might be possible, too. And they could be armed with spears/clubs//scythes/pikes/bows. (In later eras that would certainly change as organized training of troops starts to takes place while feudalism declines/sellswords grow in importance. But the main focus of most players are the early/high middle ages, I think)

Anyway, if you've already planned out the units, this is probably redundant as it, of course, would be a major revamp. Good luck on the mod!
    We will be re-vamping the whole recruitment system eventually. But for initial release we will be using RW's current system in his HURB submod.

The anticipation is agonizing!

We will be re-vamping the whole recruitment system eventually. But for initial release we will be using RW's current system in his HURB submod.
    The HURB system already is a major step forward so i'm happy to hear that!