Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Titanium Suggestions & Complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    I was actually thinking in a modified large town with stone walls,
    That would be to ahistorical for the early era.
    The most the minor settlements should get is the wooden wall.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    When I besieged Belgrade it was a stone fort
    I just took Hamburg and it's a wooden fence around some tents.

maybe I just forgot to make stone forts some of them then

In theory we could have some with wooden walls while others with small stone walls

Well the wooden walls would be cosmetic though, as the walls strength and height would have to match stone forts walls to keep using their models as well.

Ok I have some questions;

So currently the system in place is that the forts are both permanent(do not disappear if empty) and buildable(can be built by the player/AI) while also having pre-placed permanent "forts" at the same time?

The buildable forts all have to be of the same battle/start model type while the pre placed forts can all have different battle models?

Is it possible for pre-placed forts to have unique start models if they can have unique battle models?

How many different battle models can the pre-placed forts have?

- Yes, we have all that

- Yes you can choose the Battlemap variant in the descr_strat.txt but buildables are either random or locked to 1 per culture, haven't checked the last part, you can help with it...I only know that in custom battles is randomized but not sure what happens in campaign.

- Nope as they can only use the strat model assigned to cultures in descr_cultures.txt, although we could potentially create up to two extra dummy cultures for different models in the stratmap.

- No idea, no one has documented a limit so far, IIRC there are around 12 PSF variants and you can have them all assigned in the descr_strat.txt.

although we could potentially create up to two extra dummy cultures for different models in the stratmap.
    So;

We use existing cultures for pre placed forts and use the remaining two dummy cultures to allow for two stone castle strat models, one for Europe and one for the Middle East + Africa.

This way the pre placed forts can indeed be settlements(towns) while both the player and the AI can built stone castles that will be castles on both the strat map and in battle.

Not quite so
    Forts built during the campaign use the model asigned to the building faction's culture
    Only pre placed ones could use the dummy cultures model.

So i'd have to be the inverse of what you're saying
    1 Dummy culture for the model of European Minor Settlements, while the other for Asian and African Minor Settlements.

So i'd have to be the inverse of what you're saying
    Better it be inverse than not at all

I've been playing around with the shieldwall ability;

For some reason the unit sometimes actually does worse in melee, with that, there is also the question of which units should get the ability.

As I understand, the ability has been mostly scrapped by modders and is rarely used because it is rather badly implemented ingame and is hardcoded so it cannot be modified.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

The shield wall (wrongly) enables formations to penetrate other formations.
    And if you try to push the enemy formation with a shield walled unit of yours in a narrow place -like in a gate- you will observe some funny results, like men flying around.

Meh, I'l keep it in my build just for teh funzies :3

Is it possible to include cash bonuses(or any other kind of bonuses for that matter) for conquering pre placed minor settlements/forts?

with a script we could give the faction that has a presence in the tile of a minor settlement some cash at the end of the turn.
    I think it could be embeded in the same monitor that spawns the name/label, that way we economize a bit on CPU cicles.
    Now not sure if owning the fort would do, or if it requires to have a military unit or agent...that would have to be tested

Generic European culture Minor Settlement stratmap model
    proof of concept

Yep, successfully added 2 extra dummy cultures only for this xD
    Now to test that cash bonus script

EDIT:
    Good news, the script works
    Quote Originally Posted by system.log.txt
    13:32:04.725 [game.script] [always] Proof of script working 50f added for Exeter Minor Settlement
    However apparently it only does when a character is inside the fort, this doesnt seem to include captains
    and sneaking a spy into an enemy minor settlement would give you 50f as well...which is not so good idea xD

Maybe you should only get the cash if there is a General or Familly Member?

Maybe you should only get the cash if there is a General or Familly Member?
    Then the cash should be seriously increased...I am seriously interested to find how the AI is going to take this on

Unless we change something in AI files, it will keep acting just as it's been doing so far xD
    I don't understand much how those files operate TBH

IMO shouldn't give more than 200-250f

Playing game I notice some PSF /minor settlements have names and others do not - is that correct ?

You can adjust free upkeep in forts quite easily. Two seems a good compromise - it stops the human player exploiting it - although i try and keep 2 in all the ones I control to
    save on upkeep elsewhere. 2 units isn't enough to stop a big army but then that's not their purpose.

You can have as many PSF designs as you like (or least I never found an upper limit) - you just need to design new ones if you want more.

Yes those pre placed minor settlements without names is because the city they represent didnt exist yet at the 12th.c
    There are only 3 or 4 of these and they're around the steppes and russia
    Since they kinda help AI pathing those long distances between settlements I left them in place.

If you want to edit the descr_strat adding more development were it should, be my guest
    That would really save me some time.

Hmm, is it possible to make it so that minor settlements give money without having to have anybody garrison it? If it has to be garrisoned by a general/family member then it's not worth the income bonus when they could just go into a regular settlement and get more money. Also in there is a chance they gain good traits, and they also speed up the population growth in some cases which is good.

I'd be fine with captains being able to garrison it for the income bonus as well, if possible.
    Last edited by Grabbin_Megroin; October 11, 2015 at 09:37 PM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

My opinion is that we shouldn't have those yield any money unless there is a merchant in there, or not at all.
    The tax revenue of the region's main settlement is inclussive of that.
    Melooo, if you can't make the script work only for merchants then I recommmend we just leave it out.

I disagree with that, small towns would give whoever owned them a small amount of money. To each their own though, and it's ultimately up to the scripter to choose!