Thread: Shōgun: Total War Battle Resource Pack? ???

Laetus

Default Shōgun: Total War Battle Resource Pack? ???

I just got Shōgun: Total War and I went to its homesite and its Downloads page to get the latest upgrade patch and whatever official files.

Because all those links are dead , I had to go elsewhere with a Google search to get the patch and the Tiles game.

But what I'm trying to get now is the first download (on the top of the list) on that Downloads page and referred to in the title above. Do anyone know where I can get this? Or, alternately, can someone just send me this file? ???

Thanks for whatever help you can offer here; it would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by WinstonSmith6079; September 09, 2006 at 03:08 PM.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Default Re: Shōgun: Total War Battle Resource Pack? ???

Moved to the Shogun: Total War sub-forum.

Civitate

Did you get the warlord edition that includes the original and the mongol invasion expansion pack? If so, then that already is patched up full so you wont need any downloads.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Laetus

I do not , unfortunately, though I'd love to have that expansion, or at least that Edition to replace what I have.

So does anyone know where I can get that file? ??? :I

Wow! Some "Center"! This big..."community", but nobody knows the file nor has it! Not very helpful, or useful for anything! So thanks a hellovalot for nothin'! >:-( I'm outta here!

Shōgun: Total War --
    Total War Center Forums --

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Did you get the warlord edition that includes the original and the mongol invasion expansion pack? If so, then that already is patched up full so you wont need any downloads.
    I couldn't find the Warlord Edition, but I did find and get the Gold Edition. Is that the same thing? When I boot the game, it says v1.00.

So, really, what's the difference between the Warlord Edition that I don't have and the Gold Edition that I do have? ???
    Last edited by John I Tzimisces; October 08, 2006 at 10:51 PM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

It seems to me that the Gold Edition is the final version of the Shogun Total War + Mongol Invasion Expansion combination. In other words: it should contain the latest patches for both the original game Shogun and its expansion that were made. That may not be the case if you have the "Shogun Total War Warlord Edition", which was the name of the first one package release of Shogun together with its Mongol Invasion expansion, if I'm not mistaken.

PS. In case you're not familiar with this option, whenever you need a particular file you can always try searching for it on Google or other search engines (being as specific as possible with the name of the file there helps).
    Last edited by Demokritos; October 09, 2006 at 06:10 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Good lord human! convert to the hordes of Medieval 2 fans before it is too late! i will send an inquisitor to check your progress later on...
    Otherwise, Though luck mate
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by jaklei
    Good lord human! convert to the hordes of Medieval 2 fans before it is too late! i will send an inquisitor to check your progress later on...
    Otherwise, Though luck mate
    Actually I intend to do that, but I haven't even played the first in the series yet! hehehe Ah soooo many games; soooo little time LOL hehehe

Really I just tried-out the Combat Tutorial in Shōgun: Total War and got my ass kicked like four times in row! This sure isn't like other RTSs hehehe I hope I can do at least decently well in this game 'coz it seems really kewl hehehehe

Maybe I'll go buy the new Total War Eras package and sell-off my Shōgun: Total War Gold Edition. Some of the screens flicker badly while trying to play it on my WinXP Home system hehehe Are all the games in Eras patched-up already? ???

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Don't quadruple post, and freaking calm down.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces
    Don't quadruple post, and freaking calm down.
    *counts posts* You mean four posts in a row? Huh? ??? I think some of those posts were made over a rather long period of time. And I was "calmed down" by now already. :I

But OTOH, thank you very much, Policeman Friendly. Anything you say, Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith6079
    *counts posts* You mean four posts in a row? Huh? ??? I think some of those posts were made over a rather long period of time. And I was "calmed down" by now already. :I

But OTOH, thank you very much, Policeman Friendly. Anything you say, Officer.
    Yes, quadruple posting means four.
    Yes, you have to follow the rules.

And it may not be an explicit rule at TWC, but generally people don't like helping people who are quite rude.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces
    Yes, quadruple posting means four.
    Yes, you have to follow the rules.

And it may not be an explicit rule at TWC, but generally people don't like helping people who are quite rude.
    Oh, please! Get real (if you can)! Those posts were made over a rather long period of time. It took many posts just to simply get a response, now didn't it? But a helpful response is an entirely other and even more complicated and tedious matter around here.

I don't think these people would be helpful regardless, rude or not rude. Delete my account, because I really don't need this. In fact it sucks...and who likes to collect around games to try to make them suck? Delete my account. I've wasted enough time (an entire month!?) and energy with lame dilettantes. I'd hope no actual company would ever want such-like in their tech-support departments, 'coz that's when I really bail out. So go on ahead and delete my account, ASAP.

Well, I just noticed that they were spaced out over a long period of time, but the point still stands that posting in such a petulant manner isn't gonna get you any help, much less on a game that a relatively tiny minority of the community has played (or perhaps even heard of) STW.

And we aren't an official forum anyway? So we aren't in a tech dept to begin with?
    All in all, I just suggest getting Total War Era's when it comes out if it hasn't already. It contains STW, MTW, and RTW with their expansions, and probably includes everything anyone would need anyway.

Laetus

Alright, I hear ya. Though I don't know why the members of the community have never heard of a game that started the franchise that they seem to love so much. (I have an idea why, and it don't seem so great.)

Since this is called "Total War Center", I naturally thought that this was a center for the Total War series. I did not know that it was only a center for Medieval and Rome.

So I ask you, sir with all due respect, is there any community whatsoever here for Shōgun: Total War? If so, I'd love to hear about that. And if not, do you know where that would be? (I'll get to Medieval and Rome soon enough I guess.)

BTW, the Total War Eras package is out. I saw it a couple of weeks ago at a GameStop store in my local area for about $60US.
    Last edited by WinstonSmith6079; October 10, 2006 at 01:43 AM.

Unfortunately this is the only section for STW. As far as I understand this forum was founded around the time MTW and its excellent expansion came out. There *are* a few mods here for that (such as the BKB mod, which I haven't tried, the MTW:VI:XL mod and the Pike and Musket TW mods, which I have tried), but I know little to nothing of anything on this entire forum dedicated to STW in such a manner.

(besides from what I hear MTW is basically STW...only a lot better, more variety etc etc)