Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Europa IV Empire

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Post Your Europa IV Empire

Sweden has novgorad.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That is the first successful Russian state I've seen yet. Still waiting on a Britain to do anything. Poach will most likely oblige in multiplayer.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    Sweden has novgorad.
    Yeah, not that Sweden could stop the horde if it turns its attention west.

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    That is the first successful Russian state I've seen yet. Still waiting on a Britain to do anything. Poach will most likely oblige in multiplayer.
    Muscovy is massive in this game and nearly is at the Pacific, only Manchu stands in-between them and the ocean.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    Muscovy is massive in this game and nearly is at the Pacific, only Manchu stands in-between them and the ocean.
    Sounds like future Dan and Pat

Dan: "Can I have pacific access?"
    Pat:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    Sounds like future Dan and Pat

Dan: "Can I have pacific access?"
    Pat:

They barreled through Manchu and now have a port on the Pacific, they are the third most powerful faction in the game at the moment. Spain being number 1 (by score) and me second. This is the current state of my Empire after Integrating Persia and Astrakhan. I also have the Timurids in a Personal Union. Unfortunately there will be no more easy expansions for me, nearly every single nation that borders me in all directions is in a coalition against me. If i attack ANYONE i'm at war with a dozen powerful nations... Still i'm going to swallow the rest of Yemen and Ethiopia next and try and push my way through Algiers and take north Africa before attacking Europe.

Caelifer_1991's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    They barreled through Manchu and now have a port on the Pacific, they are the third most powerful faction in the game at the moment. Spain being number 1 (by score) and me second. This is the current state of my Empire after Integrating Persia and Astrakhan. I also have the Timurids in a Personal Union. Unfortunately there will be no more easy expansions for me, nearly every single nation that borders me in all directions is in a coalition against me. If i attack ANYONE i'm at war with a dozen powerful nations... Still i'm going to swallow the rest of Yemen and Ethiopia next and try and push my way through Algiers and take north Africa before attacking Europe.

Good god, that's damn impressive Jaketh.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

I went a bit overkill when I was granted independence from Denmark.

The glorious realm in 1784.
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Ottoman will grow larger

Southern Spain, half of Sicily and three Islands including Ceylon are now mine, the 10 years of over extension rebellions were not fun though.
    Last edited by Jaketh; August 27, 2013 at 09:54 PM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

The fun part of your game is that you are still not the 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Spain is number one but the margin is very slim now. I should overtake them soon especially after humiliating their armies and taking those core provinces.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Some screenies from todays game. I took several core provinces from Portugal to add to my foothold on Iberia, they will soon follow Islam. I also forced Portugal to release ALL of its Indian holdings as well.

Screenshot of the score ledger right after i surpassed Spain.

Also the Enlightened Despotism government allows for a pretty nifty Casus Bellis against other nations.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

It does feel strange why your Adm tech does not seriously lack behind despite that huge territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Alot of the that territory is from Diplo-Annexing so i didnt spend all of it on coring, i also only have one Admin tech idea, the rest are diplo and military. The war with Spain was tense because i was three techs behind them in military so i had to rely on numbers. I keep sinking huge amounts of military power on high level forts on all my borders.
    Last edited by Jaketh; August 28, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

I'm starting to think that vassalisation is a lot more important in this game. In combination with the diplomacy idea you can annex a lot of vassals without having to worry about overextention or losing adm points for coring.
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
    Karl Marx

I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist.
    Benjamin Disraeli

Neoton's Avatar Ordinarius

Here is my almost finished Milanese/Italian campaign. I reconquered the Balcans from the Ottomans and made Bulgaria, Morea, Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia and Croatia(managed to convert them all to catolicism too) my vassals, I would have vassalised the rest them too but that diplomatic penalty was just too brutal. The only problem right now is that Austria is 46 Imperial authority away from uniting the HRE and I will probbably have to go to war with them so that I can make them revoke the last Imperial reform(I am no longer part of the HRE).

I've just finished my Novgorod campaign. It was my 4th Paradox campaign and 1st in EU4, thats why I played on easy with random nations. Overall I quite enjoy and now I'm about to play with France on Normal with goal to conquer Europe and not to focus on colonies at all.Note: I realised AI can't form coalition against you on easy, very nice feature for new playersNote 2: You should stick to one goal at time, during this game I had too many of them and although I end up with most of them completed I'm not entirely satisfied. For example I wanted to come out to warm see and capture Tsargard which I did, and come to Pacific ocean. But I didn't capture whole Scandinavia like I wanted to ,despite having 4/5 last 150 years. Here are the pictures of The merchant republic of Russia, TWC is ed up so excuse me for lack of spoilers

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

The first game I really got into Europa Universalis. Started a late Thirty Years War campaign with Austria and I created the HRE. The French, Spaniards and Ottomans were utterly crushed by my glorious armies and right now they have no troops at all in Europe. My armies have 350.000 men under arms. I'm still behind in score, mainly due to mediocre trade and lack of colonies but now things become easier and easier for me to rise.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Awesome! MAn you are close to uniting Europe in one faction! How did you manage to do this and how do you handle overextension?

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Thanks mate! The key to creating a united Holy Roman Empire is to avoid annexing territory owned by HRE states. You should instead maintain good relations with them and focus on the reforms which lead to the creation of the HRE. These reforms require two things: Imperial authority and good relations with the HRE states.Imperial authority is obtained by forcing HRE states to change their religion to Catholicism, answering their calls for defense when they are attacked by other powers (usually France), and liberating them when they are annexed by another HRE state. If for example, Bavaria annexes Baden, you'll automatically gain a casus belli against the former and if you win and force Bavaria to create Baden, you get imperial authority. This happens very often so you'll easily get enough authority to enact the reforms. In terms of overextension you don't get any, because if you enact the last reform, all HRE states are automatically annexed and become your cores. I only got some issues these last few years because I attacked Spain and Venice to take their territories which are part of the HRE (but will not get annexed, as the states themselves are not members of the HRE). My overextension right now is at 252% but I have a huge army and I can face the rebellions. In terms of economy, I built stock exchanges in every province and I can afford a combined cost of 400 ducats for the army, navy and advisors and still have some 150 ducats clean income. By the way the game is at normal and no cheats used.Diplomatically maintain an alliance with Spain since you'll face wars against France all the time.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast