Thread: ASOIAF Stark birthline question.

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Default ASOIAF Stark birthline question.

WARNING, THE BELOW MESSAGE HAS SPOILERS FOR ANY/EVERYONE THAT HAS NOT READ BEYOND BOOK fIVE! YOU HAVE BENE WARNED! READ ON AT YOUR OWN PERIl!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Okay, well the Stark line is diminished, the last King in the North is dead (I rather doubt there will be another one) and Bran is crippled, while Jon SNow is capable of continuing the Stark line, tehre is one problem. He is no Stark, after he refused Stannis's offer of becoming a Stark there is obviously no hope that he will now become a Stark. I go back to my before statement; BRAN IS CRIPPLED. Therefore incapable of producing offspring. That leave RICKON, the child, the baby. And, I do believe he's also lost. He's what, four? Does anyone else thinkit is implausible for another Stark generation to come forth? I do, sadly, very sadly. Robb's death was the end of my hope for the Starks. The end of my belief that they would triumph. So, I ask, who will/can cntinue the Stark line? Is there ANY hope? Or do you believe that our favorite Northern family will burn down to ashes, to be forgotten in the realms of history?

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Default Re: ASOIAF Stark birthline question.

Bran is crippled, but not incapable of reproducing. As far as I can assume, he is not "incapable" down there, aside from the fact he hasn't hit puberty, yet.

He's still capable of reproducing. I basically see him as a little more serious injury than Willas Tyrell. I do believe he can reproduce.

I believe Rickon has the capability to return with power. He has a direwolf on his side, which is probably the best bodyguard, plus Osha, which well, a genius of a wildling.

Jon turned down debastardization and lordship, HOWEVER, he did get betrayed by the Watch, which in my opinion would absolve him of his oath, as he can no longer trust those who attacked him.

This attack on him (should he survive), will likely push him further from the Watch than ever before.

With three able males remaining (Jon's a wildcard, I personally think he's Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark's son), they have a good fighting chance. I wouldn't count them out just yet

Don't worry my friend!

More importantly than Lord of Winterfell, Jon has the potential to become King.

But, doesn't Eddard Stark himself believe that Bran will never be able to have children? I quote, from the first book (obviously) 'Bran will never walk again, nor lie with a women, nor will he ever hold his son in his arms.' Doesn't that mean that Bran won't be able to reproduce?Of course, me and my friend also believe that he is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son! We're also spectilating that Jon may come back as an Other. I also note that Jon SNow was the Nine Hundred andNinety Eight Lord Commander. In my expierence, numbers like taht mean the character may not have a very important role. me and my friend agree that Samwell will find his courage, hunt down Jon's killers and do what needs to be dne. Though, of course, tehre are OTHER possibiliies, such as (As with Lady Stoneheart and Lord Beric) Melisandre may bring Jon back to life! Oh, and if you mean 'King in the North' then NO! Robb was the King in the North, and I don't think Jon could 'betray' his brotehr like that. He made many remarks about how he disgraced hismelf by once dreaming to be Lord of Winterfell! i do not think he would take Robbs title! The Red Wedding saddened me, but I recognise it as one of teh best scenes ever written!
    Last edited by Tigellinus; August 15, 2013 at 02:29 AM.

But a lot has changed since the remarks were made. It is not impossible to reproduce, even as a cripple. Though unlikely depending on the severity of his condition, I wouldn't count out the possibility yet.

I personally believe Jon didn't die, and will survive the ordeal. If he did, I will be gravely disappointed.

The way I see it ending is Jon as King of Westeros, married to Daenerys, with Tyrion as Hand of the King and Lord of Casterly Rock.

The binding of Ice and Fire. Ice being Jon Snow, fire being Daenarys.

Lyanna Stark is of the North, and Rhaegar is of the Dragons. A Song of Ice and Fire - I do believe Jon has the most important and singly significant role to play in the coming events, alongside the return of Daenarys.

The still fact of emphasis on Rickon, when as a minor character, he should have been cast aside by now, I do believe big things will come of him.

For the three of them, this is how I see it ending:

Bran never returns to the spotlight (albeit figured dead), I believe he will endure his Greenseer future, and remain north of the wall, with the Children of the Forest.

Rickon becomes Lord of Winterfell.

Jon becomes King of Westeros.

But, that's just my observation and opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Dance View Post
    But a lot has changed since the remarks were made. It is not impossible to reproduce, even as a cripple. Though unlikely depending on the severity of his condition, I wouldn't count out the possibility yet.

I personally believe Jon didn't die, and will survive the ordeal. If he did, I will be gravely disappointed.

The way I see it ending is Jon as King of Westeros, married to Daenerys, with Tyrion as Hand of the King and Lord of Casterly Rock.

The binding of Ice and Fire. Ice being Jon Snow, fire being Daenarys.

Lyanna Stark is of the North, and Rhaegar is of the Dragons. A Song of Ice and Fire - I do believe Jon has the most important and singly significant role to play in the coming events, alongside the return of Daenarys.

The still fact of emphasis on Rickon, when as a minor character, he should have been cast aside by now, I do believe big things will come of him.

For the three of them, this is how I see it ending:

Bran never returns to the spotlight (albeit figured dead), I believe he will endure his Greenseer future, and remain north of the wall, with the Children of the Forest.

Rickon becomes Lord of Winterfell.

Jon becomes King of Westeros.

But, that's just my observation and opinion
    There may be one fault (one that is removed my Drogo's pressence) Khal Jhoqo 9I do believe it is?), true Jn may well become King if Westerose, and of course times change. But remember, while he was with Ygritte he was constantly teling himself that what he was doing was WRONG, and in the end he came back to the Nights Watch. I still have a feeling that Samwell will have a large part to play for the Nights Watch. I also believe that STannis will survive Winterfell, and (considering Jon survives) give him no choice in the matter of making him Lord of Winterfell. Unless Rickon turns up. Jon may well take teh title King of Westerose, as none of his family have a better claim. Yet he would not usurp that title from his blood. Or maybe he wiill, maybe the betrayal of his men will harden his heart and he will betray his family, for safety and power and protection. But, these are all wild spectulations!