Thread: Noble Houses of the Empire (New players look here).

Ganbarenippon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Noble Houses of the Empire (New players look here).

Please use this thread to obtain information and history for the landowning noble houses of he Empire. If you would like to join one of these noble families (and new players are strongly encouraged to do so) then please PM the head of that house first. (It's just courteous). Please do not post any replies or OOC on this thread, if you notice a mistake let me know and I'll change it as soon as I can. This thread will be kept up to date to the best of my ability but there may be times when the information is a little out of date so please do not use this as canon, but as more of a guide.

Essentially we are looking at one great lord and his vassals per entry.

Ganb.
    Last edited by Ganbarenippon; August 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM.

Default Re: Noble Houses of the Empire

House de Lusignan; Imperial Family of Constantinople
    House de Lusignan; the Imperial Family of Constantinople.

Family holdings and residences.
    The County of Thrace (Untaken.)
    The City of Constantinople. (Untaken.)

The Great Palace. (Imperial residence).
    The Bucoleon Palace. (Family residence in Constantinople).

Current family members. Emperor Bohemond I of the Latin Empire of Constantinople. (Crowned:1204). Crowned by popular acclamation after he led the capture of Constantinople from the Greek forces holding it.

Princess Philippa. Emperor Bohemond's sister.

Deceased family members. N/A

Leaders of the House Emperor Bohemond I, Latin Emperor of Constantinople (Reigned: 1204-)

Notable deeds. 1204 - Under Bohemond I, the Fourth Crusade took Constantinople from the Greeks.
    1204 - Bohemond I named Emperor by acclamation.

Their vassals:

House van Leuven; Barons of Neapolis.
    House Van Leuven; Barons of Neapolis.

Family holdings and residences. The Barony of Neapolis.
    The Town of Neapolis. (Seat.)
    The Monastery of Stoudios. (Family residence in Constantinople).

Current family members Baron Godfrey van Leuven; 1st Baron of Neapolis. Granted the title by Emperor Bohemond I in 1204 in gratitude for saving his life from a Greek assassin as well as for his valour fighting on the walls near the Fifth Military Gate.

Deceased family members N/A

Heads of the House. Baron Godfrey van Leuven; 1st Baron of Neapolis. (Ennobled 1204. Reigned: 1204-)

Notable deeds. 1204 - Under Godfrey, commanded men in fighting on the walls near the Fifth Military Gate during the taking of Constantinople where he served with valour.
    1204 - Godfrey saved the life of the Emperor Bohemond I during an assassination attempt.
    1204 - Godfrey granted the lands and incomes of Neapolis in gratitude by Emperor Bohemond I, though these lands were not yet a part of the Empire.
    1204 - Godfrey agreed to forgo his dynastic rights and ceded his lands and title to the newly formed Order of St. Didymus, in exchange for High Office in the Fighting Order.
    1204 - Several months after the siege, Godfrey rode to Neapolis and claimed his castle and Barony. The local rulers had fled and so welcomed the new ruler cautiously.

The English Company (The Last Lions); Masters of Philia.
    The English Company (The Last Lions); Masters of Philia.

Company holdings and barracks. The Barony of Philia.
    The Fortress of Philia. (Seat.)
    Agioi Apostoloi. (Barracks in Constantinople).

Current High Officers. Baron Athelstan Wreak; 1st Baron of Philia, Constable of Constantinople, Captain of the English Company. As veterans of the Third Crusade and the last surviving members of Richard the Lionheart's men, they enlisted in the Fourth Crusade on the way home in 1204, originally in order to finance themselves. They remain in the city for reasons unknown. Emperor Bohemond I ceded the fortress of Philia to the Company in 1204 in exchange for their agreeing to serve the Empire exclusively. Aethelstan was named Baron of Philia. Named Constable of Constantinople in 1204 shortly after the taking of Constantinople after Emperor Bohemond realised he needed a neutral party to keep order in the city.

Deceased High Officers. N/A

Captain-Barons of The English Company. Baron Athelstan Wreak; 1st Baron of Philia. (Reigned:1204- )

Notable deeds. 1204 - Participated in the Siege of Constantinople where they secured the walls around the Lycus. Along with other English troops, under Mortimer, they were the first on the walls. They helped to reclaim the breach as the first crusaders were repelled and drove back the Varangians through parlay.
    1204 - Patrolled and secured the City, seemingly of their own will.
    1204 - Granted lands and incomes of Phlia by Emperor Bohemond I in return for their continued service to the Empire.
    1204 - Aethalstan Wreak named Constable of Constantinople by Emperor Bohemond I.
    1204 - Several months after the siege, Athelstan rode to Philia and claimed his castle and barony. The local rulers had fled and so welcomed the new ruler cautiously.
    Last edited by Ganbarenippon; August 15, 2013 at 09:07 AM.

House d'Alencon; Dukes of Phillippolis.
    House d'Alencon; Dukes of Phillippolis.

Family holdings and residences Duchy of Phillppolis. (Untaken.)
    City of Phillippolis. (As yet untaken).
    Palace of Daphne. (Residence in Constantinople).

Current family members Duke Philip d'Alencon; 1st Duke of Phillippolis, Lord Chancellor of the Empire. Granted his title in 1204 by Emperor Bohemond I for planning and leading the attack that captured the Imperial district almost intact. Does not currently possess the lands he has been granted. Named Lord Chancellor shortly after receiving his title in recognition of his strong support of the Emperor.
    Lady Serena d'Alencon. Younger sister of Duke Philip, Lady-in-waiting to Princess Phillipa.

Heads of the House Duke Philip d'Alencon; 1st Duke of Phillippolis (Ennobled: 1204. Reigned: N/A), Lord Chancellor of the Empire (1204- ).

Notable deeds. 1204 - Under Philip, planned and led the attack upon the Imperial District of Constantinople, during the siege. Captured almost intact.
    1204 - Philip aided the emperor in securing the ladies of the Imperial court hidden in the Bucoleon Palace.
    1204 - Philip aided his companion and friend, Father Jacopo Orsini, in securing enough votes to be named Latin Patriarch of Constantinople.
    1204 - Philip was granted the lands and incomes of Phillipolis by Emperor Bohemond I, though these lands were not yet a part of the Empire
    1204 - Philip named to the Haute Cour as Lord Chacellor of The Empire by Emperor Bohemond I.
    1204 - Serena named lady-in-waiting to Princess Phillipa.

Their vassals.
    House de Provence; Counts of Adrianople, Barons of Bucoleone (cadet and vassal branch).
    House de Provence; Counts of Adrianople.

House de Provence; Barons of Bucoleone.

Family holdings and residences. County of Adrianople. (Untaken.)
    City of Adrianople. (Untaken.)
    Barony of Bucoleone. (Untaken.)
    Fortress of Bucoleone. (Untaken.)
    Palace of Antiochus. (Family residence in Constantinople).

Current family members. Count Simon de Provence; 1st Count of Adrianople, High Seneschal of the Haute Cour. Ennobled in 1204 by Emperor Bohemond I for his actions in leading the assault on the Lycus breach during the siege of Constantinople and later leading the cavalry charge that shattered the remaining Greek resistance. Named High Seneschal in 1204 owing to his extraodrinary service in the battle and the comparative discipline of his men during the sacking of the city.
    Baron Roland de Provence; 1st Baron of Bucoleone. Ennobled in 1204 by Emperor Bohemond I for valour during the assault on the Lycus breach in support of his cousin. This culminated in his capturing of the Gatehouse of Adrianople, which ennobled the decisive cavalry charge. Named a direct vassal of the Count of Adrianople rather than the Duke of Phillippolis.
    Lady Eleanor de Provence. Younger cousin to Count Simon and Baron Roland, one year younger than Roland.

Heads of the House Count Simon de Provence; 1st Count of Adrianople (Ennobled: 1204. Reigned: N/A), High Seneschal of the Haute Cour (1204-).

Heads of the House (cadet branch). Baron Roland de Provence; 1st Baron of Bucoleone. (Ennobled: 1204. Reigned: N/A).

Notable deeds. 1204 – Under the command of Simon de Provence, the Lycus Breach of Constantinople was taken and held to allow reinforcements to arrive. Rolland de Provence was with his cousin during this action.
    1204 – Under the command of Rolland de Provence, the Gatehouse of Adrianople was captured and opened, which allowed the cavalry led by his cousin Simon to enter the city and flank the Greek reinforcements.
    1204 – Under the command of Simon de Provence, a flanking maneuver was enacted that led to the rout of Greek reinforcements trying to drive the Crusader Army out of the Lycus breach. The routing of the Greeks allowed the Crusaders to claim the city.
    1204 – Simon de Provence is granted the County of Adrianople, not yet under the Latin Empire’s control, by the Emperor Bohemond I for his actions during the siege.
    1204 – Rolland de Provence is granted the Barony of Boukelon, not yet under the Latin Empire’s control, by the Emperor Bohemond I for his actions during the siege.
    1204 - Simon de Provence is named, by Emperor Bohemond I, to the Haute Cour in the position of High Seneschal of the Haute Cour, for his counsel and service during the siege and it's immediate aftermath.
    Last edited by Ganbarenippon; August 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM.

House de Rochechouart; Counts of Salonica.
    House de Rochechouart; Counts of Salonica.

Family Holdings and Residences. The County of Salonica. (Untaken. House Domain).
    The White Tower of Salonica (Thessaloniki). (Untaken. House Seat).

Apartment in the Blachernae Distirct. (Family residence in Constantinople).

Current family members. Count Roger de Rochechouart 1st Count of Salonica. Granted his title in 1204 by Emperor Bohemond I in gratitude for his planning and leading the attack upon the Blachernae District during the siege of Constantinople. Does not currently possess the lands he has been granted.

Deceased Family Members. N/A

Heads of the House Count Roger de Rochechouart, 1st Count of Salonica. (Ennobled: 1204. Reigned: )

Notable deeds 1204 - Under Roger, planned and led the assault on the Blachernae District of Constantinople.
    1204 - Roger was granted the lands and incomes of Salonica by Emperor Bohemond I.

Their vassals:

House Tre Rosor; Barons of Petra.
    House Tre Rosor; Barons of Petra.

Family Holdings and Residences. Barony of Petra. (Untaken.)
    Fortress of Petra. (Untaken.)

Palace of St. Thekla. (Residence in Constantinople.)

Current family members. Baron Arvid Erikson; 1st Baron of Petra. Granted his lands and incomes by Emperor Bohemond I in 1204 due to his service in the siege of Constantinople. Named vassal of House de Rochechouart.

Heads of the House. Baron Arvid Erikson; 1st Baron of Petra. (Ennobled: 1204. Reigned: -)

Notable deeds. 1204 - Under Arvid, participated in the assault on the Blacharnae district.
    1204 - Arvid named Baron of Petra by Emperor Bohemond I for his bravery in the fight.

House di Napoli; Barons of Larissa

House di Napoli; Barons of Larissa.

Family holdings and residences. The Barony of Larissa (currently untaken)
    Blachernae Palace (residence in Constantinople)

Current family members. Baron Simon di Napoli 1st Baron of Larissa. Granted his title in 1204 by Emperor Bohemond I for his service during the siege of Constantinople.

Heads of the House. Baron Simon di Napoli, 1st Baron of Larissa. (Ennobled: 1204. Reigned: )

Notable deeds. 1204 - Participated in the attack upon Blachernae district
    1204 - Roger was granted the lands and incomes of Larissa by Emperor Bohemond I.
    Last edited by Ganbarenippon; August 14, 2013 at 12:57 AM.

Default Re: Noble Houses of the Empire (New player looks here).

House Soranzo; Counts of Naxos.
    House Soranzo; Counts of Naxos.

County of Naxos. (Uncaptured.)
    City of Naxos. (Uncaptured.)
    The Hagios Theodoros. (Family residence in Constantinople.)

Current family members. Count Cristoforo Soranzo; 1st Count of Naxos, Spymaster to the Imperial Court. Granted his title in 1204 by Emperor Bohemond I for his aid in capturing the Imperial District virtually intact. Later named Spymaster to the Imperial Court after he unmasked and foiled a Venetian assassination plot.

Heads of the House. Count Cristoforo Soranzo; 1st Count of Naxos. (Ennobled: 1204. Reigned: -). Spymaster to the Imperial Court (1204-).

Notable deeds. 1204 - Under Cristoforo, particiapted in the assault on the Imperial district, capturing it virtually intact.
    1204 - Cristoforo named Count of Naxos by Emperor Bohemond I in gratitude for his service in the siege for Constantinople.
    1204 - Cristoforo foils a Ventian assassination plot.
    1204 - Cristoforo named Spymaster to the Imperial Court by Emperor Bohemond I.

Their vassals:

House Soranzo currently has no vassals.

Default Re: Noble Houses of the Empire (New players look here).

House da Monte; Counts of Negroponte.
    House da Monte; Counts of Negroponte.

Family holdings and residences. County of Negroponte. (Untaken).
    Palace of Mangana. (Family residence in Constaninople.)

Current family members. Count Ricco da Monte; 1st Count of Negroponte. Granted his title in 1204 by Emperor Bohemond I for his valour at the Lycus breach during the siege of Constantinople.

Heads of the House. Count Ricco da Monte; 1st Baron of Negroponte. (Ennoble: 1204. Reigned: -)

Notable deeds. 1204: Ricco and his men served as rear guard and support during the Battle at the Breach of the Fifth Gate
    1204: Ricco served as defender of the Fifth Gate and Ranged troops while the Battle of the Fifth Gate ensued. Held it with only 200 men
    1204: Ricco made Count of Negroponte by Emperor Bohemond I for his valor and loyalty in battle

Their vassals:
    House del Rio; Barons of Oreoi.
    House del Rio; Barons of Oreoi.

Family holdings and residences. Barony of Oreoi. (Untaken).
    Castel Del Rio. (Family seat. Untaken.)

Palace of Christ Pantokantor. (Family residence in Constantinople.)

Current family members. Alexandros del Rio; 1st Baron of Oreoi. Granted his title by Emperor Bohemond I in 1204 for his aid in taking the Imperial district virtually intact.

Heads of the House. Baron Alexandros del Rio; 1st Baron of Oreoi. (Ennobled: 1204. Reigned: -)

Notable deeds. 1204: Alexandros: Led a detachment of men into the sewers of Constantinople in an effort to take the defender unawares.
    1204: Alexandros: Granted the title Baron of Oreoi by Emperor Bohemond I for his aid in the battle.