Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great War | Easy Step-By-Step Installation Guides (video + text w/ images)

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Re: The Great War | EASY STEP-BY-STEP ALTERNATIVE INSTALLATION GUIDE (with images!)

It was basically the same method, however I decided to use images to avoid any confusion in this guide.

There is actually nothing special with this kind of installation, modders and mod users have been doing it for years, it's just a matter of making it easy to follow and comprehensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Default Re: The Great War | EASY STEP-BY-STEP ALTERNATIVE INSTALLATION GUIDE (with images!)

Dear Aanker, thank you for your step by step solution. I did it all and I have menu music and I can play custom battles but I can't play any WW1 campaign. After clicking on WW1 in the menu it loades but it don't stop loading.

That is odd. You did add the ww1_main folder to

C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/napoleon total war/data/campaigns

Correct?

And if you open the ww1_main folder while it is in the /campaigns subfolder, it contains the following two files:

startpos.esf
    scripting.lua

Correct?

Happy to hear custom battles work!

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Yeah I did this... seems strange.. I installed a time ago the Darth Mod. But I deinstalled it before installing TGW step by step

Are you 100% certain you don't have any Darthmod packs lying around? Also, you should check if your campaigns folder contains anything out of the ordinary.

Dear Aanker, I found the mistake, I had one file copied two times. Now it works! Campaign, too! Great! thanks for your help.

By the way.. the music ingame (as scrolling over the map) is still vanilla..is this correct? Greets Marc

That is correct, I need to get a list from our music composer which details which songs of his can be used.

triarri's Avatar Civis

What should we do if mod manager doesn't work?

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

quick question- as launcher is also seemingly responsible for auto-updating, the alternative way seems to eliminate launcher capabilities. or we can still use it?
    Heidinn veor- dark age mod for M2TW now recruiting scripter/coder

Okay, this mod is amazing, however, I can't seem to go back to Vanilla Napoleon, like I load it from Steam, it's TGW, uncheck everything in ModManager, still TGW. Is there a way to go back to Vanilla Napoleon without having to uninstall and such?

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Copy all the files marked in blue in the image (e.g. every file with the _GreatWar5_ prefix). Ignore the ones marked in red and do not
    copy anything from the optional folder. These files are the main Great War files.

. Paste the files you copied into C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/napoleon total war/data. When they have been pasted into this
    /data folder, it should look something like this:

Having an issue here. Some of the files do not copy for me and iam unable to paste them in. I'm using Windows Vista.

kieran12's Avatar Civis

I finally done everything right. I don't think it will work though.

Mod manager requires 3.5 Net Framework and i don't think Windows Vista is able to use it. I think the mod will work best on newer computers 64 bit.

Edit@ I got it to work now so you don't need 3.5. You'll get an error report on Mod Manager alright, but it doesn't stop you from playing the mod.

Remember to turn on the mod packs with the Mod manager! I forget to and my game crashed and Vanilla Napoleon units were only been shown not the new ones.
    Last edited by kieran12; August 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM.

Just wanted to say that while the 5.0 launcher didn't work, the 5.1 launcher does work - good job!
    Last edited by Banjeeboy; August 17, 2013 at 01:36 PM.

DOH! 5.1 launcher does work as 5.0 start save campaign double check all files had a mod in wrong file
    mod manager not working thought 3.5 framework no DOH! start napoleon exe start save campaign then launcher
    many tanks TGWteam

i tried to install TGW with this method and any method i can think of but when i try the launcher (mod manager and the one that comes with the mod) but it dosent seem to effect the game, the start screen is the same old and the game is no diffrent

Will this work with the 5.1 zip, or just the 5.0 zip?

Thanks

file path...modmanager dosnt work?? my great war no work...i have ntw 1.3 & piratecopy..help me..send message

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Pirated copies will not work and we wont help you try to get them to work, sorry. Please buy the game if you really want to play our mod.

Default Re: The Great War | Easy Step-By-Step Installation Guides (video + text w/ images)

Ugh, this is like trying to solve the damn pythagoream theorem trying to install tis mod.

croninsdisease's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: The Great War | Easy Step-By-Step Installation Guides (video + text w/ images)

I've tried everything on the forums at least twice. Including fresh installs of NTW. Nothing is working for me...and I'm finding no solutions anywhere. The furthest into the game I have been able to get is the main menu, yet when I select campaigns, it crashes. and if i select a battle, all the units are still vanilla. the only indication it did anything is the soilders marching at the main menu in WW1 dress. Any help would be greatly appreciated...I've spent quite a great deal of time with this it seems. Cheers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast