Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Great War | Easy Step-By-Step Installation Guides (video + text w/ images)

Default Re: The Great War | Easy Step-By-Step Installation Guides (video + text w/ images)

Hi just my pennies worth,today,I did a fresh install of NTW on Steam,I put your mod 5.1 into the main NTW folder,the data folder overwrote the original one placed there,I then ran the launcher from within the Great War Folder as instructed.

The opening sequences are of Napoleon in the smoke or mist,should there be something else in his place,ie has this worked,I can see certain WW1 game options in the menu,but on selecting an army the choice windows are blank.

Any clues please ?

Laetus

Default Re: The Great War | Easy Step-By-Step Installation Guides (video + text w/ images)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Simon de Montfort View Post
    Hi just my pennies worth,today,I did a fresh install of NTW on Steam,I put your mod 5.1 into the main NTW folder,the data folder overwrote the original one placed there,I then ran the launcher from within the Great War Folder as instructed.

The opening sequences are of Napoleon in the smoke or mist,should there be something else in his place,ie has this worked,I can see certain WW1 game options in the menu,but on selecting an army the choice windows are blank.

Any clues please ?
    I've tried many ways to install this including the easy way and still it won't allow it to play.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Nivimar View Post
    I've tried many ways to install this including the easy way and still it won't allow it to play.
    Ok, it now says WW1 on the NTW splash screen but the "play a battle" option don't carry any WW1 units .....why? Help please , I need to play I feel like a crack head in a alley.

Laetus

Basically, I get the same thing ....any luck?

Hi, i install correctly but when i open the mod, he says that i have NTW version 1.0 and for play i need update to version 1.3.
    How can i update ???? ( sorry for my english )

Quote Originally Posted by andrewstorniolo View Post
    Hi, i install correctly but when i open the mod, he says that i have NTW version 1.0 and for play i need update to version 1.3.
    How can i update ???? ( sorry for my english )
    Steam should automatically update your game to latest version. Try verifying file cache/redownloading. Make sure you have "Update automatically" set in steam properties.

Just installed version 5.1 + 5.14 patch but mod manager (v 1.5) not showing anything even if files are there !!!

EDIT: Ok, I had installed an incomplete version of TGW and that's why. Now I see things in the mod manager, with tons of conflicts with vanilla !

Anyway I installed as per instructions but game crashes shortly after launching from mod manager or from the launcher.
    I decided to try with an older versions, ie TGW v 5; same thing happening. Can't understand why I can't play this, I did a fresh vanilla install of NTW just yesterday !

I am starting to suspect that this mod isn't compatible with the latest NTW updates I installed automatically through steam...that would also explain why this forum seems dead...
    Last edited by General Gordon; June 11, 2015 at 01:09 PM.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

I have been attempting to install TGW 5.01 / 5.14 / 5.2 all day to no avail.

I have tried both the Mod Manager method and the Launcher method, using 5.1 or 5.14 (OR the launcher updates to 5.2 supposedly) but I have had no luck at all thus far.

No matter what I do, the game crashes as soon as I press the 'launch game' button. I get two 'Napoleon.exe has stopped errors'.

I have reinstalled and verified cache. I suppose I am now at my wits end. There are no errors of note in the log.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Badger-dude; August 04, 2015 at 09:58 AM.

Hi,

I'm trying to install the mod for mac, but I'm having a load of difficulty. I can't use the installer, nor can I do it manually in the same way as the instruction video because I can't use the mod manager, but I have got somewhere without. I've put all the files into my Data folder, and activated them in my scripts. However, it only party works (well...barely). The background is still vanilla, but the buttons and logo on the main menu are from TGW. Also, the WW1 campaign is where it should be (though along with all the vanilla ones), and when I set a custom battle, all the units have the TGW names, with the vanilla cards. They also have the vanilla models when in the battlefield map.

So, basically, can anyone help? Like I said, I use a mac, and it's certainly good enough to run the game (it's brand new). I had TGW on my last computer and I loved it, so I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

Hey, I'm really new to Total War and this is the first mod I would ever install. This all sounds very complicated and I would like to know if there is a simple beginners guide or if this is the simplest it can get. I installed the mod but I can't get it to work, or, to be specific, the launcher can't find "Napoleon.exe".

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123