i have no words to describe
    true pro
    awesome work
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

Default Re: Faction Preview: The Easterlings of Rhun

I love those Dragon units, it was totaly worth it to wait

I have a question, how do you zoom so close to the units? I would love to see that close into the action!

Groovy

OMG This is one of the best faction previews so far +rep keep up the good work!

Khamûl the Wraith

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Those Elite Cavalry Units look, staggering.
    And I thought the Swan Knights were never going to be matched.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reapir View Post
    I have a question, how do you zoom so close to the units? I would love to see that close into the action!
    I'd imagine its somthing along the lines of Fraps.

^idk, but I REALLY want to find out, I love zooming in and seeing the fight.

Groovy

Ermm.. press middle mouse button? Or is this even closer?
    | "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." |

My Workshop |The Graphics Workshop| Critic's Quill |Imperium Graecorum

^way closer, it looked like a third person view game

Groovy

i might play rhun just to use those dragonfire regiment archers.... they are sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: +rep fo sho!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

have to wait for them to load on screen

Disgruntled Goat, you have done a WONDERFUL job on this faction. I was wondering what was taking so long with the Rhun preview. Someone on your team insinuated that the preview was to be released two weeks after Rohan's.

Now I see why it took so much longer!

All I can say is wow. I ADORE the water, fire, and earth element textures on their uniforms. That was a very nice touch. You've done the incredibly difficult job of bringing to life a faction that was not really spoken about in the Tolkien, nor had any hint of portrayal in the film. Balancing both the lore and the film's presentation was a monumental task and you've done a job worth of professionalism.

If I could I would personally give you $5 for your efforts.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Just 5?Are you insulting him indirectly or something?lol

5$? 5$? how bout 1000000000000000000000000000$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:^lol exactlly, now back to my question!

Groovy

Semisalis

Wow, the level of detail on so many of the units is just absolutely stunning. If it helps (which I don’t think it will) here is some of my feedback to possibly making them look better (unlikely) for a future patch.

Balchoth Tribesmen – all I can suggest is that when you zoom in real close their hands are rather oddly shaped, like a camels toe, but nothing major. Also would it be possible to add in a different beard shape or two, just to add extra variety.

Clansmen – Love the patterns on the clothes (beautiful work and variation). Just with their clothes and shields though, would it possible to make them look a little dirtier and grittier. These guys look too well polished and more like honest hard working citizens (especially the shields which seem a little to perfectly straight or curved or look like they belong more to a standing army like Gondor than to a rabble of hastily organised tribesmen).

Clan Warriors – maybe if you could just dullen the shiny’ness of their armour a little and make their helmets not so perfectly made/clean
    (PS love the undergripped second sword idea.)

Clan Crossbowmen – love em, the only thing I noticed was what appeared to be a graphical glitch were in their first picture they don’t have any feet.

Clan Guard – love em

Horse Guard – maybe if you could ever so slightly increase the width of their spears, as they look as though they would probably break on first impact (although I also get that they should not be as thick as those for heavy calvary too as they are more like scouts). Would it be possible to make their horse reins a little thinner, as it kind of accentuates/makes it more noticeable that the reins are just floating there and not actually being held by the rider.

Variag Raiders of Khand – look good, though maybe another borrowed shield pattern can increase variety. Also for when their mounted the axes by the back of the horses seem to be hovering in mid-air.

The Dragons Fire Regiments – some of the sickest lookest archers ever. Only thing I can suggest is that the tipped armour scales on the top of their thighs seems a little too much, maybe if they were swapped with the hip/side leg chain mail armour pointing down that’s on The Dragons Skin Regiments

The Dragons Claw Regiments – simply awesome, only thing I can think of is making some of their shields slightly chipped/worn which would increase the believability that these guys have seen a lot of fighting.

The Dragons Skin Regiments – truly awesome, only possible change for these guys would the shields like the Dragon claws, and that the mace is slightly increased in width, just to make it look a bit more intimating.

The Dragons Will Regiments – not quite so sure about the shape of the thing coming off the front of their helmets. Maybe their spears too could do with very slight enlargment too, so that we don’t get that crooked look.

After such great work I feel like Im just being fickly about providing any feedback for such little things but your efforts deserve our efforts in providing it.
    Last edited by FarKenal; April 08, 2009 at 12:42 AM.

Best preview! looks incredible
    I love every unit!

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Hello to the newest top in line- Dragon Regiments. 1000 rep to you DG

Is it me, or does the Dragon Regiment's helmets look like Greek Corinthian Head Wear?

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

is it me...or will Rhun just kill everybody? i hope u have a balance between Rhun and evrybody else

Good thing I'm up late doing a report, one word about this preview: incredible