Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Faction Preview: The Easterlings of Rhun

Default Re: Faction Preview: The Easterlings of Rhun

Simply Amazing work there DG, now I,m a big fan of the Elves preview, but now that I have seen this one OMFG.....This is by far the the Best preview yet...Amazing...+rep of course
    I KNOW MY NAME IS supposed TO BE MISPELLED
    Please leave your name if you give me rep, so I can rep you back thanks

Senator

Fantastic work! +rep for this.
    One question: Rhun don't have unigue captain model? I can see in one picture captain from vanilia.

Just so you know DG, all units look great, not just the elites but everyone seems to have contracted the gold rush fever.

maurogti's Avatar Foederatus

The details are fantastic =) great job!
    ...Be whitout fear in the face of your enemies, speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death, safeguard the helpless and do no wrong...

great units, great models, congratulations
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Poqzt's Avatar Ordinarius

Stunning work DG!

These units are so awsome, even greater than KK's, but we'll have to remember that KK did not only one faction, but five! But let's not make this into a contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Santeri View Post
    Fantastic work! +rep for this.
    One question: Rhun don't have unigue captain model? I can see in one picture captain from vanilia.
    , yep its funny that knight from vanilia with rhun riders,

maybe he didnt implant it yet

STELLover's Avatar Senator

I was able to learn something about the faction that I was not able to learn from the books or the movies- their armor and specifications make them too alike with the Turkish-Fatimid Caliphate

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    I was able to learn something about the faction that I was not able to learn from the books or the movies- their armor and specifications make them too alike with the Turkish-Fatimid Caliphate
    I would prefer that they would look more like slavs, but i am not the leader here

youre the best DG

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
    I would prefer that they would look more like slavs, but i am not the leader here

Slabs? Slavs-oh yes. The militia reflects much of slavic culture- but look at the Dragon Regiments, especially the Knight's Horsearmor- looks... yeah

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    Slabs? Slavs-oh yes. The militia reflects much of slavic culture- but look at the Dragon Regiments, especially the Knight's Horsearmor- looks... yeah
    Thats why i like those clansman.

But why do Balchoth Tribesmen have the ing turban?

kkkkkkk

Default Re: Faction Preview: The Easterlings of Rhûn

Answering some questions.

Sig, I appreciate your point but I felt that the "mysterious" aspect of the easterlings should be relageted to the Loke Rim and their military society.

Screenshots were taken using the cine-ed feature of M2TW using battle replays and camera set-ups then rendering to avi and extracting single frames. All screens are taken with shader v2, 1280x1024, 16x AF, 4xAA, with reflections and normal maps (no bloom). Although the AA does seem to have kicked in properly.

The reason for the vanilla captain is I haven't implemented officers yet. I felt it was important to get the unit preview out and that officers could wait.

Weakness wise, while rhun is an all around balanced faction the unit stats will play a major role. While they have incredible range and power the archers aren't the best in melee. The infantry are generally inferior to those of Gondor. While the cavalry is generally better. Although based purely on stats Swan Knights are better then Kataphrakts (Dragons Will).

The Arabic writing is taken from the movie (you can see them on the veils of the soldiers). Most of it is just giberish on my part. However my work with Islamic factions in RTW's The Crusades left me with some knowledge. Hence the use of some phrases. Purely for looks if anything.

KK screwed up the formating of the first post. Blame him for that not me

I think that was all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Answering some questions.

Sig, I appreciate your point but I felt that the "mysterious" aspect of the easterlings should be relageted to the Loke Rim and their military society.

Screenshots were taken using the cine-ed feature of M2TW using battle replays and camera set-ups then rendering to avi and extracting single frames. All screens are taken with shader v2, 1280x1024, 16x AF, 4xAA, with reflections and normal maps (no bloom). Although the AA does seem to have kicked in properly.

The reason for the vanilla captain is I haven't implemented officers yet. I felt it was important to get the unit preview out and that officers could wait.

Weakness wise, while rhun is an all around balanced faction the unit stats will play a major role. While they have incredible range and power the archers aren't the best in melee. The infantry are generally inferior to those of Gondor. While the cavalry is generally better. Although based purely on stats Swan Knights are better then Kataphrakts (Dragons Will).

The Arabic writing is taken from the movie (you can see them on the veils of the soldiers). Most of it is just giberish on my part. However my work with Islamic factions in RTW's The Crusades left me with some knowledge. Hence the use of some phrases. Purely for looks if anything.

KK screwed up the formating of the first post. Blame him for that not me

I think that was all the questions.

KKKKKK, You Rep Whore Your rep doubled since the Rhun post- Nice Job Disgruntled Goat

The easterlings are most certainly not slavic, that is the people of Rhovonian. Dale, Rohan before they moved etc. Geographically with Earth if we place Rhovonian lands as slavic, Khand and Harad as the middle East and north africa (which I think everyone would agree with) Rhun ends up being the lands to the south of the Slavs. Afghanistan, Mongolia etc. Its from here that most of the ideas came from. The Balchoth are from the areas south east of Mirkwood along the west shores of The Sea of Rhun. A very hilly country, similar to Afghanistan in my opinion. So I was inspired by Pashtun warriors, and really the unit looks exactly like a pashtun warrior.

The easterlings are most certainly not slavic, that is the people of Rhovonian. Dale, Rohan before they moved etc. Geographically with Earth if we place Rhovonian lands as slavic, Khand and Harad as the middle East and north africa (which I think everyone would agree with) Rhun ends up being the lands to the south of the Slavs. Afghanistan, Mongolia etc. Its from here that most of the ideas came from. The Balchoth are from the areas south east of Mirkwood along the west shores of The Sea of Rhun. A very hilly country, similar to Afghanistan in my opinion. So I was inspired by Pashtun warriors, and really the unit looks exactly like a pashtun warrior.

Another essay you got there DG- Writing a historical paper? +rep

Ehh, ok, i just dont like those(turbans), but other units are super made

Definately worth the wait! I got my first campaign.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Truly beautiful work. Amazing. +rep