Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Default Re: The Great War 5.0 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

--Snip--
    Last edited by Squeecky; August 12, 2013 at 06:56 AM.

I launch mod and its only loading vanilla please help

So far i only had 1 CTD in my first custom battle, but i encountered one very odd bug (at least i think it's a bug, cause it's just way too bonkers to be a feature). On my third campaign battle (Ottomans, normal/normal), few seconds after my troops engaged romanian infantry the game froze for a second, and after that 1 second all my units were routing. No casualities taken, the entire army just decided they're tired of my World War I and went home.

Ideas what's causing this, and how to fix this?

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

The American flamethrower's officer uses a flintlock pistol.

Maybe this applies to all officers, I am not sure, but I found it amusing.

Unfortunately, a more serious issue is that the campaign seems very messed up. Every bit of research is already done, other than the ones that require buildings. This, on top of the nonexistent economy, pretty much ruins the campaign game.

Oh, and I am not sure if it is a bug or not, but Serbia has no campaign description. I mean, I know there are more important things, but that seems like an odd thing to leave out, considering that every other faction on the campaign screen has a description.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Campaign issues noted, fixes are coming!

Yes a few of the officers for some reason have flintlock pistols, even though I am 100% certain I gave them their faction-specific equipment a long time ago. Will check.

The Trench Warfare map is heavy on ANY computer, especially with a lot of units and artillery. Try reducing your graphics settings or using the small scale!

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

CTD with britain between round 44-45, so its like with sweden

Righto, exactly when does it crash, e.g. on which nation's turn?

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Quote Originally Posted by mahu View Post
    So far i only had 1 CTD in my first custom battle, but i encountered one very odd bug (at least i think it's a bug, cause it's just way too bonkers to be a feature). On my third campaign battle (Ottomans, normal/normal), few seconds after my troops engaged romanian infantry the game froze for a second, and after that 1 second all my units were routing. No casualities taken, the entire army just decided they're tired of my World War I and went home.

Ideas what's causing this, and how to fix this?
    Huh... that's very odd. We did edit the morale tables, but afaik didn't experience anything out of the ordinary during testing.

What scale were you playing on?

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Unfortunately, a more serious issue is that the campaign seems very messed up. Every bit of research is already done, other than the ones that require buildings. This, on top of the nonexistent economy, pretty much ruins the campaign game.
    I haven't actually played the release version, due to unfortunate issues that appeared last night. The economy issues will be fixed with a patch. The research I did not know of, but that's a big problem, and we'll be sure to fix it.

Oh, and I am not sure if it is a bug or not, but Serbia has no campaign description. I mean, I know there are more important things, but that seems like an odd thing to leave out, considering that every other faction on the campaign screen has a description.
    We did faction descriptions in 4.6, where there was no Serbian faction. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Hey guys, thanks for releasing 5.0

I managed to get the mod running with sound and flags, but the mod is realy broken(not ment i a offensive way)

List of things i noticed:

1.Campain crashes randomly
    2. Tried German, Frensh and British Campains. At some point, your Ruler and all the Ministers and the Generals die in one Turn, the Leader become Frederic I.
    3. You can´t make Money, there are no Sea Trade routs, nearly all Technologies have no effekt, you can´t build stuff on campain map.

For me it is unplayable at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    I think launching the game was not enough, you also need to make a campaign savegame in vanilla for your profile to be saved (IIRC). Try that and then launch.

@Launcher issues: some people are saying the launcher is not actually moving files; see what happens if you run the .exe as an administrator!
    Alas, full reinstallation and all that, it did not work.. Flags for Spain etc are also missing, there is no music in the main menu either.

The script is in my Roaming, and if I tried to place the .pack files and then tried to launch the game- it didn't even get that far, saying that existing files can't be re-made.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralL View Post
    Downloaded first time and it works wonderful. You people just need to use your brain, it's very simple

I did it manualy. First copy the campaign ( ww1_main ) folder into your NTW data/campaigns folder. Next copy all pack files from The Great War/Files into your data folder including the ones you want to have from the "options" folder. I for instance chose "projectile_trails_none.pack", "_GreatWar5_Textures_Effects_less_blood.pack" and "_GreatWar5_DB_LargeScale.pack";

Next in the same The Great War/Files folder there's a user.script txt

DO NOT
    , I repeat DO NOT just copy the user.script txt into the scripts folder because there are random file paths like:

just delete the part : "The Great War/Files/ and leave only mod "_GreatWar5_Animations.pack";

so that in the end it looks like this:

With that done, you won't experience any Unit Card, sound issues or CTD's after battle.

This also did not work and I infact simply wasted time, as I crashed to desktop again. In no way or form would it be meant to download a mod and do all that to get it working- that means something was modded wrong alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex331 View Post
    For everyone with the problems I had, I think I got the mod working as intended. There are still a few unit description pictures missing and various things like that, but I am assuming that because this is a great mod in progress, such things are intentional.

Anyway, what I did to make it work is as follows:

Move all the Great War files into the Napoleon data folder, including the select files I wanted from the Options folder.

Next, download the Napoleon mod manager from here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...anager-for-NTW

Then, extract the three files it downloads with into a New Folder. Run the exe. and UnCheck the "Show all pack types" box. Only check the "Great War" boxes, then Launch.

The main menu has the correct music and sounds now, the flags are correct, and the campaign loads.

Good luck and have fun, I hope this helps everyone.
    This brought me to vanilla, well I'm bummed out.. I bought the game just to play this mod, and am unable so far.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Hope those campaign bugs are new to the devs. Otherwise I have no clou what they developed for so long?
    I mean, such game breaking bugs like financial problems or instant leader dieing are pretty hard...

Personally, I would remove the download link and avoid gaining +rep for a piece of crap at the moment..
    Cause its nothing more like that currently.. A +rep machine for nothing..
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

We are updating on the fly, these issues will be amended ASAP. Currently the custom battles section works as intended and the campaign is serviceable.

I have reinstalled my NTW and have two bugs:
    - All the cards are white and some flags when choosing units.
    - I can't hear any sounds in the game!

Please help me folks, I've read through this thread but didn't get much, something with Mod Manager and I couldn't see any mod files etc.

No sound, and game seems to crash on Switzerland turn.

Alright, I'm making a step by step alternative installation guide. With instructive images.

Ok i have downloaded the mod, shall i extract it to desktop then put the data file into my Napoleon files?

ZeEmperor's Avatar Semisalis

The solution by Rex331 did work-sound,unit pictures,but the moment i click on the WWI campaign button the game crashes and says Napoleon Total War has stopped working...
    I know the mod is just released but im dissapointed.
    Also the chetniks in the Serbian army look nothing like real chetniks...

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    We are updating on the fly, these issues will be amended ASAP. Currently the custom battles section works as intended and the campaign is serviceable.

And have you any idea what might be causing my game not to work?

Nice of you to do a special installation step though, I'll hope it works. I've tried four different ones so far. You should get some sleep soon- you seem to be answering all day already.

I'll just go conquer Europe further in Medieval 2 for now

Quote Originally Posted by mr attwood View Post
    Ok i have downloaded the mod, shall i extract it to desktop then put the data file into my Napoleon files?
    Yes you should.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Now, I could be wrong, but I seem to vaguely recall something about there being two different campaigns? One that is a historical start, and then another which is a sandbox game?

Were they both included in this release, or does the sandbox one come later?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."