Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9344950515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1283

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Default Re: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by cableguy221 View Post
    Question: Is it a bug or intentional that tanks/machine gun bunkers disappear out of my army after a battle? If it is intentional, is there any way to disable this feature? Thanks
    It's unintentional and will be addressed in the next update.

Trust me, it's worth the wait.

Hi

I installed version 5.2.0 using the installer as per instructions. It appears to work. I then tried out one of the battles - Western Front, playing Britain against the German Empire, and after a minute or so into the game it froze and CTD'd. Tried it a second time with the same result. Here's some info from my system:

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150715-0600)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: H55-UD3H
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU @ 2.80GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM

Display Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 660
    Driver File Version: 10.18.0013.5362 (English)

And here's some info from the log:

# Game Process Starting #
    Attempting to hook process
    Process found after 1 loops
    Waiting for exit: 11:55:37:437
    Caught exit: 11:59:5:275
    Restoring packs
    # Exiting launcher #

Quote Originally Posted by Jason210 View Post
    Hi

I installed version 5.2.0 using the installer as per instructions. It appears to work. I then tried out one of the battles - Western Front, playing Britain against the German Empire, and after a minute or so into the game it froze and CTD'd. Tried it a second time with the same result. Here's some info from my system:

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150715-0600)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: H55-UD3H
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU @ 2.80GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM

Display Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 660
    Driver File Version: 10.18.0013.5362 (English)

And here's some info from the log:

# Game Process Starting #
    Attempting to hook process
    Process found after 1 loops
    Waiting for exit: 11:55:37:437
    Caught exit: 11:59:5:275
    Restoring packs
    # Exiting launcher #
    As a reminder, I'm not an admin, mod, or even contributor of the mod. However, I suggest you autoresolve and hope for the best.

t-men's Avatar Laetus

when I'm playing the great war it happens that the game suddenly freezes and no longer reacts. ultimately fall the game out and have i an crash file. How can I fix this I have tried all kinds of things?
    sorry for bad english :/

My friend and I are trying to play multiplayer. We both got the multiplayer campaign from the 5.1.4 patch after downloading the game regularly. After installing the multiplayer, we still cannot play on account of "Incompatible versions".

Is there any fix to this? Or has 5.2.0 Beta gotten rid of mp for the time being?

OurFreedom's Avatar Laetus

Sometimes, i go into the campaign choose a faction,about to click Play campaign it crashes, and when i'm in a decent battle,it crashes in the middle of it.

Hello enjoy great war mod, i got 5.2 work well except no possibility recruitment artillery to all factions(icone field artillery locked, doctrine trench warfare unlocked) and building national military headquarters have none recruitment possibilities

I am looking for CTD help too. Running 5.2(?) get crashes during battles. Other N:TW mods seem to work ok..
    I REALLY LOVE this and am sad i can finish one battle..

Creates a MDMP file every time, but I don't know what it means.

I have a decent machine (Win7*64 on Mac 8core i7, 12 GBram/Radion 5890) so not sure why memory would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kptn Unterhosen View Post
    I am looking for CTD help too. Running 5.2(?) get crashes during battles. Other N:TW mods seem to work ok..
    I REALLY LOVE this and am sad i can finish one battle..

Creates a MDMP file every time, but I don't know what it means.

I have a decent machine (Win7*64 on Mac 8core i7, 12 GBram/Radion 5890) so not sure why memory would be an issue.

The same happens to me...

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

Hello. I just noticed that Germany's name in the game is Prussia. Plus, there is no unit info or unit names for the units in TGW same aswell for the techs. I want to know how to fix this. THanks.

Default Re: The Great War 5.0 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Hi, I'm having an issue on the campaign side of the mod. I'm playing as Italy, and whenever I end turn 49, it crashes my game to desktop. I'm updated to the most recent patch, and I don't wanna abandon this campaign. A similar issue occurred when I was playing as Sweden.

Running with 5.1.4 for the first time in about a year, and it no longer works for me. All of the units have only officers, national flags are mostly missing, unit models and cards still use default NTW resources (if anything at all!) except for the Americans who appear in their ETW uniforms, on top of that the game took ten minutes to start up and did not have the "The Great War" main menu screen anymore (again, it had the default one instead).

I tried running a fresh install, and all that accomplished was getting the Americans to stop speaking Dutch. So... what now?

EDIT: Tried it again this morning, now it uses all of the Great War assets like it should, but the units still only have their one officer and no-one else. This is with another fresh install. Is 5.1.4 just totally broken now or something?
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; November 30, 2015 at 11:48 AM.

Alright, chrash issues here, too.
    Late february 1916, always during Russia's turn...not sure if something should trigger there or something, since it's always the same time.

Hmh...started a new game, got a few turns farther. This time it crashes every time when Germany's turn is about to begin.

Running 5.2 and the game crashes at the loading screen when I continue my campaign. Running windows 10. Please help, I'm really enjoying the game. Thank you!

I manually installed everything it but CTDs whenever I try to start a campaign. In the custom battles it shows some special descriptions of the units but everything else is vanilla NTW assets. Is it just a Mac issue or are other people having it?

for some reason I can't ever get to the official "The Great War" start page, it pulls up as regular Napoleon but with WWI features and options. What am I doing wrong, I think it's how I've transported the files and the directions to "overwrite" the vanilla data folder, it's seems to confuse me in ways.

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their hard work on this mod. I played this mod a long time ago and had a blast so when I recently started watching The Great War on Youtube, I had this growing urge to reinstall it. I just tried but I'm getting a message saying "Error: No packs in mod folder!" when using the launcher. I think I followed the instructions correctly by unzipping and copying over the "data" folder, overwriting any duplicate files so I'm not sure what's the problem. I attached the error log if that helps.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Never mind, I think it's because I didn't read carefully and install 5.1 before 5.1.4... Doh!

Okay, I downloaded and installed 5.1 then 5.1.4 and the launcher automatically updated to 5.2 but I'm getting the same error saying:
    The mod could not launch successfully!
    Error: No packs in mod folder! (The launcher could not find the files it needs to install and launch the mod)

I tried reinstalling a clean install and applying TGW 5.1 and 5.1.4 but I am getting the same message. Any ideas?