Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 227424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1283

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Default Re: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Hello
    I've recently bought N:TW so that I could play this mod and I'm really impressed with your work. Congratulations.

Well, about the problems I'm having:
    1. I've being playing the British Campaign and I'm around Early January 1917 I belive and the game keeps crashing, no matter what I do it seems, always after the German Reich finishes its turn. I've tried going back a few saved games, but nothing seems to change. I do not belive this is a system problem as my computer seems to run this game with no actual trouble, but still... Any suggestions are welcome.
    2.I've had a small problem with the Bunkered MG's in a match, which I saw some other lads talk about it, I think, in which I simply could not destroy them no matter what. I sent in Engineers to grenade the out of it, but nothing happend, I send in troops to fire at it, but none of the operators would die, I tried sending a melee charge, but the soldiers just formed a circle around it and got mowed down, I even hammered it with Arty for several minutes and it had absolutly no effect besides crashing the game out of nowhere. I sort of fixed by auto-resolving the battle, but is this a known bug or something? Is there a more pratical solution?
    3. I've realised a small AI sillyness, in which France seems to refuse to attack Germany. It just sits there with dozens of stacked armies, getting their bottoms kicked by Italy, for some reason. That might have something to do with my next question...
    4. What's the recommended dificulty for the campaign and battles? Because it seems that on normal the AI is blindly agressive, just sending their troops and cavalries towards my lines of fire with no strategy what so ever. I've been demolishing Germany in a almost sad manner... Any suggestions on how to make more "realistic"?

For now, that's all. Thank you, and again I say great work on the mod. Though I'm having issues, I'm still loving it.

Just installed this excellent mod using the installation instructions, but the units have no description, or unit card and the custom made maps have no titles.
    There are no other issues with the mod, any help would be well, helpful

Hey folks!

I REALLY enjoy this mod, like i did enjoy the other TW-Overhauls

Now my Problem:

The campaign crashes right before i start my turn, after italy did the last move (i play german atm, its early march 1916).
    Kinda same problem like 2 posts above.

After looking looking through the forums i tried:

1. Stopping all buildings before i hit "end turn" (cause i heard some buildings COULD lead to a crash.... But what if another nation build this "crash-"building? I cant do anything against that then ...)
    2. Put all settings on "low" (cause i heard it COUD have sth to do with memory-problems in the game engine)
    3. Reinstalled (just cause)

Nothing helps, i still cant continue the campaign. It crashes before my turn starts.

I know that many/some hae this problem, IS THERE A SOLUTION?
    Is someone working on it?
    PLEASE HELP !

thx,
    fllensi2701

Default Re: The Great War 5.0 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

ok so i have a small but annoying problem ive installed the mod using the manager because the launcher for some reason crashed my NTW when i clicked launch and well the mod manager launched it nicely all the textures are there flags all that stuff now the issue is the name are not right theres no germany no serbia etc. everything else is okay just the names. any help would be appreciated ive provided a screen of my mod manager list thing TGW is the only mod im using btwClick image for larger version. 

Name:	:wub:.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	311231

I downloaded 5.1, 5.1.4, and the mod manager. I can play battles with no issues but when i click on campaigns to load it crashes to my desktop. I saw someone post delete the preference script but I am unable to locate this. I am paying ntw through steam with OS windows XP. TIA

Laetus

Make sure your copy of NTW is patched up to version 1.7 or 1.8

My campaign keep crashing in 1916, so I'm trying to isolate the problem. The first post (above) says to patch NTW to 1.7 or 1.8. I can't locate these patches, and my NTW is auto-updated through Steam. Can someone elaborate on 1.7 and 1.8, and where/how can I update?
    Thanks!

My launcher stays normal for some seconds and stops working. Any idea on how to solve that?

Quote Originally Posted by dsweatman View Post
    Make sure your copy of NTW is patched up to version 1.7 or 1.8

My campaign keep crashing in 1916, so I'm trying to isolate the problem. The first post (above) says to patch NTW to 1.7 or 1.8. I can't locate these patches, and my NTW is auto-updated through Steam. Can someone elaborate on 1.7 and 1.8, and where/how can I update?
    Thanks!
    Not sure, but if you at least have patch6.pack, you should be fine. The campaign crashes aren't related to the patching... if you had a patch issue, the game wouldn't even launch!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIdiot View Post
    My launcher stays normal for some seconds and stops working. Any idea on how to solve that?
    Try mod manager and the manual installation.

Quote Originally Posted by fetuskicker69 View Post
    ok so i have a small but annoying problem ive installed the mod using the manager because the launcher for some reason crashed my NTW when i clicked launch and well the mod manager launched it nicely all the textures are there flags all that stuff now the issue is the name are not right theres no germany no serbia etc. everything else is okay just the names. any help would be appreciated ive provided a screen of my mod manager list thing TGW is the only mod im using btwClick image for larger version. 

Name:	:wub:.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	311231
    Your GreatWar5_Text.pack is not activated. In NTW, the text files are in a different format ('movie type') and don't need mod manager activation. Two side effects of that are a) you can't disable any text files lying around in your data folder, and b) you can't prioritize one text file over another. I'm guessing that you inadvertently left an old mod file in your data folder, which also edits the NTW text and is overwriting the TGW version. I'd recommend removing all non-vanilla and non-TGW files from your data folder. Also, make sure that GreatWar5_Text.pack is in your data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by armyguy84 View Post
    I downloaded 5.1, 5.1.4, and the mod manager. I can play battles with no issues but when i click on campaigns to load it crashes to my desktop. I saw someone post delete the preference script but I am unable to locate this. I am paying ntw through steam with OS windows XP. TIA
    It's here, at least in Windows Vista: C:/Users/NAME/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/scripts/

Quote Originally Posted by Flensi2701 View Post
    Hey folks!

I REALLY enjoy this mod, like i did enjoy the other TW-Overhauls

Now my Problem:

The campaign crashes right before i start my turn, after italy did the last move (i play german atm, its early march 1916).
    Kinda same problem like 2 posts above.

After looking looking through the forums i tried:

1. Stopping all buildings before i hit "end turn" (cause i heard some buildings COULD lead to a crash.... But what if another nation build this "crash-"building? I cant do anything against that then ...)
    2. Put all settings on "low" (cause i heard it COUD have sth to do with memory-problems in the game engine)
    3. Reinstalled (just cause)

Nothing helps, i still cant continue the campaign. It crashes before my turn starts.

I know that many/some hae this problem, IS THERE A SOLUTION?
    Is someone working on it?
    PLEASE HELP !

thx,
    fllensi2701
    Unfortunately, there's no known solution. We've solved a lot of campaign crash-causing bugs, and it's more stable now, but somehow problems remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth1210 View Post
    Just installed this excellent mod using the installation instructions, but the units have no description, or unit card and the custom made maps have no titles.
    There are no other issues with the mod, any help would be well, helpful
    See my above response to FetusKicker, that might be your problem as well. I assume you've used manual installation, but if not, make sure you try that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Swatbot26 View Post
    Hello
    I've recently bought N:TW so that I could play this mod and I'm really impressed with your work. Congratulations.

Well, about the problems I'm having:
    1. I've being playing the British Campaign and I'm around Early January 1917 I belive and the game keeps crashing, no matter what I do it seems, always after the German Reich finishes its turn. I've tried going back a few saved games, but nothing seems to change. I do not belive this is a system problem as my computer seems to run this game with no actual trouble, but still... Any suggestions are welcome.
    2.I've had a small problem with the Bunkered MG's in a match, which I saw some other lads talk about it, I think, in which I simply could not destroy them no matter what. I sent in Engineers to grenade the out of it, but nothing happend, I send in troops to fire at it, but none of the operators would die, I tried sending a melee charge, but the soldiers just formed a circle around it and got mowed down, I even hammered it with Arty for several minutes and it had absolutly no effect besides crashing the game out of nowhere. I sort of fixed by auto-resolving the battle, but is this a known bug or something? Is there a more pratical solution?
    3. I've realised a small AI sillyness, in which France seems to refuse to attack Germany. It just sits there with dozens of stacked armies, getting their bottoms kicked by Italy, for some reason. That might have something to do with my next question...
    4. What's the recommended dificulty for the campaign and battles? Because it seems that on normal the AI is blindly agressive, just sending their troops and cavalries towards my lines of fire with no strategy what so ever. I've been demolishing Germany in a almost sad manner... Any suggestions on how to make more "realistic"?

For now, that's all. Thank you, and again I say great work on the mod. Though I'm having issues, I'm still loving it.
    1. No known solution, unfortunately, but these bugs are fairly common.
    2. Well, bunkers are meant to be tough to crack Perhaps try flamethrowers, and make sure your artillery is strong enough. Otherwise, I'm not sure.
    3. I've given up hope with the TW AI, frankly. It will do stupid things like that, and we only have limited ability to modify it.
    4. We made the AI somewhat more aggressive in the last update, because before it was too passive and you could capture half the country before they fought back. I would try hard or very hard, just to see if the AI is a bit smarter... if it isn't, at least the demolishing will be a bit slower. Like I said, my opinion of the AI has fallen over the years...

Glad you enjoy the mod, despite the bugs. Sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

Voices for the British are Spanish when in the campaign!

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Just a quick question. Why do the backpacks looks like "piebald"?

EDIT:
    Have you fixed the bunker-tank bug?
    My bunker disappeared after a battle. I looked everywhere but I didn't find a solution.

EDIT N.2:
    Confirmed, british on campaign map speak spanish. And more UK seems to be unable to disembark its troops. I saw one of their army embarking without sailing and soon after they disembarked in the same port they embarked in. It's 1916 already and I haven't faced a british army yet.
    Last edited by Horatio Hornblower; August 14, 2014 at 08:53 AM.

Hey guys I'm new around this place. Im trying to download the mod, however 7-zip and winrar say that they cannot open the zip as archive. Any help is apreciated

I just suddenly started having a very odd problem for no apparent reason. After about three days of playing this mod just fine, suddenly today it has started crashing in play battle matches, i get an error that windows is missing some componant and a notice that says "Your version of Macromedia Flash ActiveX Control isn't compatible with this version of Windows. "

I've reinstalled flash, but the problem persists. Additionally for some reason the unit sizes defaulted back to tiny, and even setting them to classic is only giving me a max size of 400 men in a unit now. Any thoughts or ideas? I've changed nothing about my computer or my install since yesterday when I was able to play just fine..

side note, my launcher says it is 5.1.4, but in game the version number for TGW is shown as 5.0. I didn't notice it before and don't know if it means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Not sure, but if you at least have patch6.pack, you should be fine. The campaign crashes aren't related to the patching... if you had a patch issue, the game wouldn't even launch!

Try mod manager and the manual installation.

Your GreatWar5_Text.pack is not activated. In NTW, the text files are in a different format ('movie type') and don't need mod manager activation. Two side effects of that are a) you can't disable any text files lying around in your data folder, and b) you can't prioritize one text file over another. I'm guessing that you inadvertently left an old mod file in your data folder, which also edits the NTW text and is overwriting the TGW version. I'd recommend removing all non-vanilla and non-TGW files from your data folder. Also, make sure that GreatWar5_Text.pack is in your data folder.

It's here, at least in Windows Vista: C:/Users/NAME/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/scripts/

Unfortunately, there's no known solution. We've solved a lot of campaign crash-causing bugs, and it's more stable now, but somehow problems remain.

See my above response to FetusKicker, that might be your problem as well. I assume you've used manual installation, but if not, make sure you try that too.

1. No known solution, unfortunately, but these bugs are fairly common.
    2. Well, bunkers are meant to be tough to crack Perhaps try flamethrowers, and make sure your artillery is strong enough. Otherwise, I'm not sure.
    3. I've given up hope with the TW AI, frankly. It will do stupid things like that, and we only have limited ability to modify it.
    4. We made the AI somewhat more aggressive in the last update, because before it was too passive and you could capture half the country before they fought back. I would try hard or very hard, just to see if the AI is a bit smarter... if it isn't, at least the demolishing will be a bit slower. Like I said, my opinion of the AI has fallen over the years...

Glad you enjoy the mod, despite the bugs. Sorry that I couldn't be of more help.
    so I've deleted the preference script but still I am unable to play the campaign, not even the "choose your nation"screen has been spotted..

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Britain still doesn't move its troops over Great Britain. Could be a bug or what?

Wurm3's Avatar Laetus

i have a problem when i wanna start the Game, its says "C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\Files\Settings.txt not found".
    Can someone pls help me. Its really funny because yesterday i play the game.

thx for Help Paul.

Wurm3's Avatar Laetus

+ i havnt a file calls "Files" on my desktop.

Tiro

Hello, I have bug with name of generals. They do not names.

And when I liberate Netherland, so it was not netherland, but USA... it is normal?

Im also having a problem with CTD'ing on battle screens. I have done all the recommended with lowering my settings and making units sizes smaller. I am running with 8GB of ram and a fairly up to date graphics card. The only time I have crashed tho is with the German bunkers being present on the field.

Its either that or something else because the game freezes for a second and I cant click anything and then just CTD's and suggestions or help would be very appreciated.

ZeEmperor's Avatar Semisalis

Same issue as Wurm3

I have downloaded the updated version and retried this mod. Find as soon as I get a trade area my income goes ridiculously high..added 2 ships to each now have billions in income. Read another thread on this but do not see a fix anywhere. Can someone tell me what the issue is and how to fix it. Ruins the game to be able to build everything...Thanks. (or point me to the thread with the soloution..too much to go through here).