Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default Re: The Great War 5.0 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

If it keeps going to Vanilla, try running the launcher as an Administrator. It worked for me.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

I did..still doesnt works..and still saying that those 2 files are missing..boot or something

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by AzureNight View Post
    Crashes late October 1915 every time as Germany on Switzerland's turn.
    Does everything else work as intended e.g. was the mod installed correctly?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by .Mitch.; September 03, 2013 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Laetus

Hey unsure if anyone is having the same problem as me I have no sound, everything else is fantastic though

patch7 and boot files are missing and cannot work properly..something i did wrong?

Now I get an unhandled exception WTF!!! Please someone help!

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Try verifying your install. Some other people had the same issue and that worked for them.

I see the great potential of this mod its really a great how you have made it, but at the moments its the great disappointment as unfortunately its unplayable at the moment to many crashes and bugs but i will come back in a week and give it another shot and hopefully things will improve by then thank you for your work and i hope you can fix these problems asap.

StormOfRazors's Avatar Foederatus

Hey everyone. I'm loving the mod so far guys, well done.
    I got it installed and working correctly, using the launcher and the 5.01 packs.txt update.
    Initially I couldn't hear any sound, but a restart of the game fixed that.
    I also experienced 2 CTD's on the campaign selection screen. It happened when i was looking at the Bio of the countries, clicking on them seemed to cause it to CTD. i got around this by just clicking one and going straight into the game, but it was worth mentioning.
    In game i have noticed three things also.
    1: The economy is broken, bankruptcy is hard to avoid
    2: There are a lot of descriptions missing, what does autonomy level 1 do for example, and the units i get by researching it i already have access to, so why research it?
    3: The technologies: most are already researched (i played a historical campaign) and went to see that the tech tree was almost all researched. is this intentional?

Apart from that, I am enjoying it greatly, thank you for your hard work getting it to us

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Early January 1915 in my German campaign, all my politicians died at once.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Thanks for the bug reports man,

1. The economy is definitely something we will be working on later today
    2. Yea, some of the descriptions for the vague buildings are missing, should be fixed soon.
    3. Yes, many of the techs were known to the major nations of the time, and while it shouldn't all be researched, each faction should have its own set of techs that it has researched.

Now I'm fading fast, but I think Aanker has woken up and is perusing the forum. I need some Z's

Edit: Magnar, that is what I like to call the Spanish Flue bug, should be fixed with the next version of the startpos. Notice all your people were well over 100 years old

hmm..i saw many problems at people with the year 1915..is a known bug that will be fixed today?

Athough it's not a bug... AI always escapes the trench and advance on me. Is there a way to hold the AI in the trench?

Every time I try to use the launcher i get the "has stopped working" error.

Quote Originally Posted by john duca View Post
    hmm..i saw many problems at people with the year 1915..is a known bug that will be fixed today?
    It appears Switzerland is causing campaign issues. If you crash during their turn, that will help us confirm the issue!

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

I started it up - and it immidiatly said on the launcher it didn't work, I figured out that it was due to me not having had launched Napoleon previously.

I launched Napoleon basegame and started a campaign and quit, I tried again and it started- however as soon as I lcicked Start on Belgium the game loads for two seconds, then crashes to desktop. There was also no music on the mainmenu or any sound I heard. I'm reinstalling the entire game now, going to launch it and then going to add the mod, let's hope..

Quote Originally Posted by Squeecky View Post
    I started it up - and it immidiatly said on the launcher it didn't work, I figured out that it was due to me not having had launched Napoleon previously.

I launched Napoleon basegame and started a campaign and quit, I tried again and it started- however as soon as I lcicked Start on Belgium the game loads for two seconds, then crashes to desktop. There was also no music on the mainmenu or any sound I heard. I'm reinstalling the entire game now, going to launch it and then going to add the mod, let's hope..
    I think launching the game was not enough, you also need to make a campaign savegame in vanilla for your profile to be saved (IIRC). Try that and then launch.

@Launcher issues: some people are saying the launcher is not actually moving files; see what happens if you run the .exe as an administrator!
    Last edited by Aanker; August 12, 2013 at 04:18 AM.

ZeEmperor's Avatar Semisalis

I have the same issue as Rex331 and Iaxaddict992

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    I think launching the game was not enough, you also need to make a campaign savegame in vanilla for your profile to be saved (IIRC). Try that and then launch.
    Thank ye' kindly Aanker, I'll check that once it's reinstalled. *Tips his hat to you.*

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

So my problems:
    missing flags, unit cards, none sound, campaign crash after start.

EDIT - start Launcher.exe as admin - everything is OK ;-)
    Last edited by Methoz; August 12, 2013 at 04:27 AM.
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War