Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Default Re: The Great War 5.0 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

I've done everything instructed, but everytime I try to launch the game the vanilla one opens? This is INCREDIBLY frustrating

The game crashes on switzerlands turn about 25 turns into the campaign.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Shakul View Post
    It works if you copy all the pack files over to the data folder, and the user.script to your appdata scripts folder.
    Didn't work for me. Still no sound, campaign crashes. I'll try with the mod manager.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Edit, Turn 45 with any nation it crashes on switzerlands turn.

Someone should try playing as (or destroying) switzerland.

Update on my artillery crash issues. I find it odd because it seems I am the only one having these problems. I'm going to try a clean install just to makes sure it isn't at issue on my end. However, it seems like any artillery units that eventually make a whistling sound when they fire will crash my custom battles. It seems that it happens at random times as well, so maybe it is a combination of sounds that is crashing it. I'm not really sure. Something must be spiking ram usage if it is a memory crash because I am not having any lag whatsoever in there battles.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    Someone should try playing as (or destroying) switzerland.
    It's hard to do it because the economy is messed up and I can't field a large army to do it.

Many missing unit cards, economy troubles, all infantry units have 63 men. and all cav have 32, and all Arty have eight. im so sad that all countries either a lee enfield or a k98, why no nagants or 1903's

My game immediately crashes upon using the launcher. I can see the process start and burst into life, but it quickly dies. Any thoughts?

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Austrian soldiers aren't wearing a Pickelhaube helmet but a Stahlhelm helmet.
    One more thing, where can I recruit some artillery units? I'm able to build only barracks...

I have original napoleon last version.But ı click launcher and error:you missing patch_media.patch? where is it? how I am found patch_media.patch?

please help me guys I tried all day :S

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    Austrian soldiers aren't wearing a Pickelhaube helmet but a Stahlhelm helmet.
    One more thing, where can I recruit some artillery units? I'm able to build only barracks...
    Don't bother with the campaign now, it's nowhere close to being finished or playable. Guaranteed crash 44/45 turns in on Switzerland's turn.

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by AzureNight View Post
    Don't bother with the campaign now, it's nowhere close to being finished or playable. Guaranteed crash 44/45 turns in on Switzerland's turn.
    Ok ok!

Iblis's Avatar Laetus

I managed to destroy switzerland, but i have the same crash on Denmark turn 44/45

can someone help me with the mod manager, it keeps saying unhandled exception could not load file or assembly'Common.Version= 1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.The system cannot find the file specified.

Semisalis

Haha I was just going to come on here to post the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureNight View Post
    Haha I was just going to come on here to post the exact same thing.
    U hav the same problem?

The ottoman port in the home region is unenviable as in when i click on it it is simply empty, some ottoman tech cards are blank but have descriptions, as everyone else it seems the ottomans crash on turn 45 of the swiss turn the anti tank units have no card either simply an AT. I can get the game to work using the launcher just fine i am sure the bugs or whatever will be delt with but i will try to name off things just to try to help and not be a whiny little girl one last minor thing.

Did you guys have to make the ottoman monarchy such a failure = = after Abdul Hamid the 2nd dies I get selim the 2nd as the new ruler. One Selim the 2nd was from another time, two he seems to get similar traits to the ministers 3rd he has a portrait of a minister, and lastly (my personal issue so ignore this) why does the 2nd monarch have to be a complete joke?? i mean ffs as if trying to save the Ottoman empire is not hard enough, I mean god damn it! Can't we have a bit of revisionist history here maybe make the emperor neutral rather then a complete moron? D:

ANyways aside from that ill keep messing with the ottomans to see if there are any bugs with them great mod and even though it was a long wait and kind of a lame release this is sooooo worth it all of u who worked on this are gods and i shall pay you back the only way I know how <3 hue hue hue

Between 44 and 45 round game crashes ... I'm play campaign Ottoman empire.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneralizzimo View Post
    U hav the same problem?
    No, sorry, that was in reply to the other guy with the Switzerland end turn bug.