Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041424344454647484964 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Default Re: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Anyways I'm still playing as Austria and my computer is very high performing, and I can even switch my computer to a special boost mode, so in addition to playing my computer in gaming mode, running GameBooster additionally as well, and using a 32 gig stick as extra RAM, I'm still getting crashes. At first my campaign plays perfect and then as Austria expands, I start getting the crashes that lead to the loading screen after about 1/2 hour - an hour. I know I can only get about 5-6 of those which occur at the most random times until the game will freeze and I'll have to start task manager and reload the game, but by that time I'm usually too frustrated. I don't think it's the fact I update from 5.1 to 5.1.3 though... Like I said before I didn't even know 5.1.2 came out because the announcements aren't that loud. Anyways thanks for the help, and I don't know why but this forum for the past month has experienced the most lag and server errors I've seen ever.

Getting a crash to desktop playing as Italy every time it gets to or tries to get past Germany resolving on turn 65/66. So something there is not happy. I am using 5.1.3. Here is the save game file. http://www.fileswap.com/dl/UcP5hv2Qf4/
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

holy shitacky its working just erased denmark as a nation.. sorry to all the danes AND HATESPHERE!!

Quote Originally Posted by desercration View Post
    holy shitacky its working just erased denmark as a nation.. sorry to all the danes AND HATESPHERE!!

Glad to hear that it works now for you . I dont understand how u did this but good job .

Quote Originally Posted by Cartras View Post
    Getting a crash to desktop playing as Italy every time it gets to or tries to get past Germany resolving on turn 65/66. So something there is not happy. I am using 5.1.3. Here is the save game file. http://www.fileswap.com/dl/UcP5hv2Qf4/

Ok i looked into ur save.file . Btw good thinking of uploading ur save.file and actually u are causing the crash and not the AI . Ofc the AI can cause the crash too but this time you were faster then the AI . The technology "Improved field gun" is broken so it cause a crash . Now to continue ur campaign dont research it , but it will crash as soon as the AI will research it , also there can be some more techs broken . I will look into this and if i find a solution i will post it here but atm im a lil busy so dont expect an answer form me til night And i want to point out , im not a modder !

Regards Zera

---EDIT---
    Ok i checked and the technology is working fine for me . I dont crash when i research it . But why u crash i rly dont know .
    Last edited by Zeraphinos; September 14, 2013 at 07:12 AM.

Thanks mate for at least taking a look at it. I am stumped too. I will try a couple things later and see how it goes.
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

Quote Originally Posted by Cartras View Post
    Thanks mate for at least taking a look at it. I am stumped too. I will try a couple things later and see how it goes.

Well u can fix this by destroying ur factocy district in your city milan . So cancel technology "Improved artillery" and destroy factory district hit next round . Now u can research "improved artillery without crashing , check it out it works but dont ask my why xD

The thing is personal i wwasnt able to reproduce ur crash . I thought first i found a solution in the db.pack bcs some entrys were not 100 % right , but still i wasnt crashing ingame . I tried rly everything to make me crash like you but my campaign didnt crash . so there is no fix if i dont crash .

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

my game still crashes around turn 140, after germany's turn

Here are my crash reasons:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Napoleon.exe
    Application Version: 1.3.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4fe1f36c
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_39b8
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000096
    Exception Offset: 1afdd00e
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 7177
    Additional Information 1: 39b8
    Additional Information 2: 39b8bff2f22b4c172c9f9c953d70c0af
    Additional Information 3: 3621
    Additional Information 4: 362155db74816f1887bdccd1cdbfa2cf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Zeraphinos View Post
    @ Radatzky stupid question , but is it possibel that you have both files _GreatWar5_DB_LargeScale.pack and _GreatWar5_DB_SmallScale.pack in the Greatwar files folder ? if thats the case plz paste them to the options folder .
    Thx 4 replying, Zeraphinos!

_GreatWar5_DB_SmallScale.pack and a lot of other files are in the NTW data folder.
    _GreatWar5_DB_LargeScale.pack is in The Great War / Files / Options.

Is this correct?

ok i just followed the step by step installation and video guide really closely and it worked, but now there's a problem.. i have zero units, this didnt happen first of all because i had a battle with 7000 new zealand infantry for uk at gallipoli and it worked fine... but now whenever i load a battle there is zero units. I have one guy to every unit every though it says 0 an they only have knives.... does anyone know why? plus im sure i did it wrong somewhere because there is still 'napoleans battles' and all that stuff at the main screen, but i didnt care cos the battles worked.. now they dont

Quote Originally Posted by Radatzky View Post
    Thx 4 replying, Zeraphinos!

_GreatWar5_DB_SmallScale.pack and a lot of other files are in the NTW data folder.
    _GreatWar5_DB_LargeScale.pack is in The Great War / Files / Options.

Is this correct?
    _GreatWar5_DB_SmallScale.pack should be also in the option folder and what do u mean with a lot other files ? Are those other files also greatwar.pack files ?

@desercration i doubt u did install correct the mod .

-So delete the mod correct

-verify game cache from napoleon with steam

-download great war mod 5.1 . extract it

and paste the 2 folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Napoleon Total War\data

and thats it .

Next step would be to install first patch 1.5.2 and then patch 1.5.3
    Last edited by Zeraphinos; September 15, 2013 at 04:06 PM.

sorry what do you mean paste the 2 folder? Do you mean paste both folders or the second one?

Quote Originally Posted by desercration View Post
    sorry what do you mean paste the 2 folder? Do you mean paste both folders or the second one?

Yes both folders "The Great War" and "campaigns" to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Napoleon Total War\data . But if u want u can paste the files from the "campaigns" folder

to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Napoleon Total War\data\campaigns to be on the safe side.

I dont understand why so many ppl have problem to install this mod . Its rly easy to install

Hi again! Playing as Russia and I am unable to recruit tanks, same with Serbia, Romania, Norway etc...all the minor nations. I have researched all technologies. I guess it was left out in the release, will you guys be changing things a bit in the next patch to allow all countries to recruit tanks? Again, an awesome mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeraphinos View Post
    _GreatWar5_DB_SmallScale.pack should be also in the option folder and what do u mean with a lot other files ? Are those other files also greatwar.pack files ?
    After playing NTW vanilla for a while now, it seems that the Great War files are there where they belong. Thx for the great sound mod btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Radatzky View Post
    After playing NTW vanilla for a while now, it seems that the Great War files are there where they belong. Thx for the great sound mod btw!

I think this weeked i will release next version . U should check it out

great stuff! please make tanks recruitable for all nations. also some nations, serbia, are unable to make government changes.

Libertus

and could u make it so that the tanks do not disappear after 1 battle, i understand about the mg bunkers but not the tanks

Libertus

oh yeah and is the ai gonna be more challenging?