Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 133853545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1283

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Le_Dovakihnn's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Have the same problem but Idk what to do I think the admin just abandoned fixing the game and left us hanging.

Hello, I created an account just for this. This mod got me back into the total war series and is fantastic, favorite mod of all time, even better than darthmod.

I run Windows 10 64 bit and in the campaign once I get to turn 90ish NTW crashes, and the minidump file says Exception Access Violation, and I believe it is because the 64 bit system reserves more ram than the 32 bit system and when TGW reaches for more ram it tries to get the reserved ran and Windows crashes NTW. Ram is not an issue hardware wise, I have 32 gigs installed

Attaching the minidump file below:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.15063.137 AMD64
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\napoleon_1754_crash_2017_4_13T1_34_33C0.mdmp]
    Comment: '_greatwar5_agents.pack, _greatwar5_agents_working.pack, _greatwar5_animations.pack, _greatwar5_db.pack, _greatwar5_db_rebels.pack, _greatwar5_db_tech_effects.pack, _greatwar5_enginemodels_models.pack, _greatwar5_enginemodels_textures.pack, _greatwar5_extras.pack, _greatwar5_lua.pack, _greatwar5_mappack.pack, _greatwar5_media_sounds.pack, _greatwar5_rigidmodels.pack, _greatwar5_textures_naval.pack, _greatwar5_ui_campaign.pack, _greatwar5_ui_events.pack, _greatwar5_ui_flags.pack, _greatwar5_ui_flag_tiles.pack, _greatwar5_ui_loadingscreens.pack, _greatwar5_ui_portraits.pack, _greatwar5_ui_portraits_extra.pack, _greatwar5_ui_units.pack, _greatwar5_unitmodels.pack, _greatwar5_variantmodels_atlas.pack, _greatwar5_variantmodels_equipment.pack, _greatwar5_variantmodels_unitparts.pack, _greatwar5_variantmodels_units.pack, _greatwar5_trails_minimal.pack, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION'
    User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

Symbol search path is: srv*
    Executable search path is:
    Windows 10 Version 14393 MP (8 procs) Free x86 compatible
    Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS
    10.0.14393.206 (rs1_release.160915-0644)
    Machine Name:
    Debug session time: Wed Apr 12 18:34:33.000 2017 (UTC - 7:00)
    System Uptime: not available
    Process Uptime: 0 days 0:02:02.000
    This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
    The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
    (10fc.58c): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
    *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for Napoleon.exe -
    eax=00000000 ebx=31061008 ecx=00000000 edx=00000000 esi=000002cc edi=31060ff8
    eip=777cf43c esp=00196f3c ebp=00196f48 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
    cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00200206
    ntdll!NtGetContextThread+0xc:
    777cf43c c20800 ret 8

Thanks, pieguy

umm hi newbie here... all of my armies have zero strength on the campaign... did i do something wrong?

I love the mod but i mean its pointless at this point. Ive tried everything and the game continues to crash on TGW maps and randomly in the campaign. I dont understand why it is so difficult to figurer out why it does this. 7 years later we are no closer to fixing anything. Is there nothing else I can try? reinstall check, window unlocked check, lowered all graphics and maximized sound memory check. NTW mod manager check, i mean nothing works. Its just a bugged mod i guess.

Hi, machinima maker here, trying to make a movie about Verdun, but I can't get the mod to work. When I try to start a custom battle, all the unit cards are white, and trying to play a battle causes a crash. I don't see any option for a French campaign, and any campaign I try to start crashes on the loading screen. To be honest, I'm not looking to play the campaign, I'm just trying to get custom battles to work, is there anyone that can help me? I've seen people post videos of the mod lately on youtube, so I assume the mod works somehow in some fashion. Can anyone help me? The launcher says it's version 5.2

What's tripping me up with the installation instructions is that the mod download didn't come with all these packs in the picture.

What I get
    Last edited by Edax; July 10, 2017 at 04:56 PM.

What do I do with the file campaigns, when I extracted the folder it was not in the data. When I launch the game I can play battles, but when I click any WW1 campaign it stops playing music, freezes(with the exception of the mouse, which acts like it's loading), then crashes.

Hello, I'm not sure if its caused by the mod or just regular napoleon but for some reason after like 30 or something turns my trade nodes started making ridiculous profits, like hundreds of millions which is completely game breaking. I have had to stop using the trade nodes but id love to be able to use them aain is there a fix?

Default Re: The Great War 5.0 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Hello I have problem when I start champaign I have no money and units itīs bug or itīs normal ?

As you can see in the picture, my troops have none. They are 0 people so when i attack an enemy even if they win, they all die. So i lose battle. This is same for all countries in the game. How can i solve this, thanks.

PS: I am using the Steam version of the game.

after 35th round, I am waiting 10-15 minutes for the end of the turn, 90% of this turn is occupied by the German movement. I have a good computer, reducing graphic settings gives me nothing. Plz Help

Quote Originally Posted by henrymorgan92 View Post

As you can see in the picture, my troops have none. They are 0 people so when i attack an enemy even if they win, they all die. So i lose battle. This is same for all countries in the game. How can i solve this, thanks.

PS: I am using the Steam version of the game.

go to script folder in preference script search campaign unit multiplayer and you will see a not normal number put somethnig like 2 or 1.6 (the number of mens you want) and problem solved

madrush's Avatar Senator

ok launcher doesnt work for me it crashes at the immediate launch of it but using mod manager worked fine so using the options panel is out of the question.
    I dont get ANY unit names for exception of the "(line infantry), (Grenadiers), (berserker infantry)" and etc with random ctd crashes

I don't understand how people appear to be playing this mod. It's completely broken. Tried a fresh install of windows with a fresh install of Napoleon and a fresh install of the mod. It just doesn't run.

Some people have mentioned using mod manager. Mod manager also doesn't work, just get error messages when I start it and Napoleon is not in the list of compatible games.

I'm running a very standard setup, do I need some weird version of windows or something? Running Windows 10 64 home. i7 4790 and GTX 970... you'd think that would work.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Thats odd, I played 5.1.4 just this past weekend and it worked. Im also on Win 10 64 home. We get about 100 downloads a day still so im sure its working for a lot of other people.

Does it give you an error message when you try to launch it?

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    Thats odd, I played 5.1.4 just this past weekend and it worked. Im also on Win 10 64 home. We get about 100 downloads a day still so im sure its working for a lot of other people.

Does it give you an error message when you try to launch it?
    "Napoleon Total War has stopped working"

Do you play via mod manager? I've heard this helps. Sadly I dont see any way to use mod manager with Napoleon as it just isn't one of the games supported (even though apparently it is for other people!).

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Hmmm thats odd. I actually just used the launcher that comes with the mod files. Have you checked that validity of the game files through steam?

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    Hmmm thats odd. I actually just used the launcher that comes with the mod files. Have you checked that validity of the game files through steam?
    The game works fine without your mod, I've reinstalled the game 5 times over the past month, on 2 different machines. I did once get it to run a few weeks back, but only up until I tried to start a campaign. then "Napoleon Total War has stopped working"... so I've never seen any actual graphics!

I must say I'm surprised that you seem surprised!... surely you must be aware, there are 3 years worth of people saying it doesn't work all across the internet (including this thread!) so its very common for people to be unable to use the mod due to these permanent crash bugs.

OK, so I've got it to actually launch now like a couple of weeks ago but using the alternate "start game" in the launcher menu. But it still just crashes the game when I try to play a battle or start a campaign. Also all the portraits are missing.

Ive opened a crash dump. Looks like NTW is trying and failing to write something?

Ive opened a crash dump. Looks like NTW is trying and failing to write something?