Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243444560 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    For those with the turn one crash while playing on the normal scale (with "ultra" unit sizes in the graphics settings, because you don't want to play on anything smaller than large there): does your artillery (take the early field guns or early light howitzers) have 4 guns and 16 crewmen?
    Ok! Now...what about Germany and Austia? I'm talking about their weakness. None of the team is answering to this problem.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

In my playthroughs Germany and Austria both tend to overhelm Belgium and Serbia, respectively. Germany usually captures northern France. What does it for both of these factions are somewhat (still) imbalanced rebel armies, and an overtendency in-game for rebellions to break out due to foreign occupation. We're fixing this for 5.1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

AAnker and the other mods that are here to help us with our issues, can you please read the topic I posted regarding my game crashing during battles because I don't think my computer is the source of the mods trouble. Is there a possible way that I can somehow play the 4.6 mod with the 5.0 troops and rules etc?? Because I don't know what I'm doing wrong, my battles should not be crashing.

I honestly don't know Swing, I've had no issues playing with the Patriotic levy unit at riddiculous unit sizes (resulting in 12,000 men on the battlefield), but sometimes when I play on the custom maps, and use artillery, I will crash for no explicable reason. The sounds have been suspected, so you could always try moving your _GreatWar5_Sounds.pack file (in the Great War /files folder) to a backup folder and see if that solves anything.

GOOD NEWS:
    I was able to identify why the mid-1916 crash is occuring: the AI is finishing the construction of some building, which subsequently crashes the game (or the effects of a building are crashing the game). Now remains the tedious work of pointing out exactly which building it is that is creating all these CTDs.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Quote Originally Posted by Count von Orlok View Post
    1)Heavy industrial buildings(Chemical,Manifacturing, Heavy Industry) crash still exist.Both player and AI...
    I change the building time (to 999 turns) and no prob anymore.

ZeEmperor's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ZeEmperor View Post
    Now when the previous crash is gone im getting a CTD turn 69/70 on Germanys turn playing on historically,this game is going up creek with a paddle of turd -.-
    Anyone want to help?

In my playthroughs Germany and Austria both tend to overhelm Belgium and Serbia, respectively. Germany usually captures northern France. What does it for both of these factions are somewhat (still) imbalanced rebel armies, and an overtendency in-game for rebellions to break out due to foreign occupation. We're fixing this for 5.1.3.
    Ok, great!
    Hoping it will be the last patch!

Semisalis

I honestly don't know Swing, I've had no issues playing with the Patriotic levy unit at riddiculous unit sizes (resulting in 12,000 men on the battlefield), but sometimes when I play on the custom maps, and use artillery, I will crash for no explicable reason. The sounds have been suspected, so you could always try moving your _GreatWar5_Sounds.pack file (in the Great War /files folder) to a backup folder and see if that solves anything.

GOOD NEWS:
    I was able to identify why the mid-1916 crash is occuring: the AI is finishing the construction of some building, which subsequently crashes the game (or the effects of a building are crashing the game). Now remains the tedious work of pointing out exactly which building it is that is creating all these CTDs.
    Maybe the top tier independence thing? The AI tends to build those to the end. I wonder how long it would take them to get the top building.

And we already know the heavy industrial buildings cause crashes, so that is most likely to be the culprit.

GOOD NEWS:
    I did notice an odd building when I was looking through descriptions of things. One building that caught my eye was something called "National Monument" or something and it was on the same level as the Major nation monuments and it lacked a proper picture in the description.

Right now my French game is crashing at turn 58. It crashes as Germanys turn ends (and I assume it crashes where mine begins). So I tried canceling everything that had 1 turn left to build and that didn't help. I don't know. This is my 6th campaign that I can count from my save games where it's become a CTD on the campaign map at one point. I've played half the factions and every single one of them ends the same - Somewhere between turn 20-60 the game will become a ctd that I can't fix.

It's because the AI is constructing a CTDing building. Since the AI has cheats (faster build times), it will almost always beat you to constructing said building, for which reason the player's own actions are rarely the source of the crash.

ZeEmperor's Avatar Semisalis

I hope this gets fixed and 5.1.3 is savegame compatible coz this is like the 5th campaign i have started

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

GOOD NEWS:
    Excellent news!!! Also just make sure that all nations are able to change government types. As I said before, Serbia is unable to make that change as a revolution spawns generic rebels.

but even though the AI has the tech in my campaign as long as i don't build any high tier industrial buildings I can still play

Quote Originally Posted by ZeEmperor View Post
    I hope this gets fixed and 5.1.3 is savegame compatible coz this is like the 5th campaign i have started
    Me too.
    And if it will be save compatible I will surely give back Tyrol to Austria. I want to earn it in blood. Honor above all!
    (Even if my thought is that still today Sud Tyrol is austrian land)
    Last edited by Horatio Hornblower; August 29, 2013 at 08:04 AM.

I have been playing as germany while waiting for the next patch, so I will try to help and find the exact building.

I just also noticed that when you recruit machine gun bunkers, after a battle, they disappear from your army. I don't know if they are supposed to do that or what. But I also noticed while playing as germany, is that when you capture belgium's capital, 2 stacks of fully armed smg infantry soldiers try to take it back, this might be causing the crashes too, or the buildings. But either way, the smg infantry doesn't need to be in rebel armies.

Yes, we have tuned down the rebel armies for the next update.

Also, I fixed the campaign CTD around turn 50-60: it was due to a building effect that wasn't supposed to be tied to the higher tier industrial buildings. This fix is savegame compatible and will be rolled out as 5.1.3.

Also, I fixed the campaign CTD around turn 50-60: it was due to a building effect that wasn't supposed to be tied to the higher tier industrial buildings. This fix is savegame compatible and will be rolled out as 5.1.3.
    You da moustache man!

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

Well played!! Awesome news! I have 3 games, all stuck at turn 53, waiting to be resumed. Will you make sure Serbia can change government? When can we expect the update?