Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

kapiszon10's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

So still no one knows how to solve the problem with ctd's during the campaign ?

I never had any crashes during campaign . First of all u need to install correct the mod . First 5.1 then patch it to 5.1.2 and then 5.1.3 .

And try to play with "normal" unit size and under graphics "trench warfare" .

Quote Originally Posted by Ivar the Boneless View Post
    Got CTD's at every battle (custom & campaign) where Tachanka Machine Guns (Russia) are involved. Game crashed while battle is loading. Playing 5.1.3 and everything else work fine. Anyone got that same problem?
    Hey Zera, do you notice this bug also? Or anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeraphinos View Post
    I never had any crashes during campaign . First of all u need to install correct the mod . First 5.1 then patch it to 5.1.2 and then 5.1.3 .

And try to play with "normal" unit size and under graphics "trench warfare" .
    I downloaded and installed 5.1 then patched it to 5.12 and then to 5.13 but launcher still shows version 5.12
    I do play on normal unit size.
    What do you mean by trench warfare graphic ?
    Last edited by kapiszon10; October 25, 2013 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kapiszon10 View Post
    I downloaded and installed 5.1 then patched it to 5.12 and then to 5.13 but launcher still shows version 5.12
    I do play on normal unit size.
    What do you mean by trench warfare graphic ?
    He means medium unit size if you use the authentic names option, since it seems to overwrite the original names that the mod had for the unit sizes. Also the launcher's version just wasn't updated with 5.1.3.
    I have no clue if this works since it seems to be an issue with the tech tree and its relation to industrial buildings.

Ok i uninstalled 5.13 update and now it works.
    But there is a huge problem with the campaign.
    I play as russia and its 1918 and i just steamrolled half of german territories without any bigger battle.
    What i see is that ai builds full authonomy level 4 in each settlement so they get 0 or 0,9 % of tax for example so they have got no money for troops...
    Any campaign i play its the same - on the beginning its normal camaign but later it gets just too easy because ai runs out of money due to the authonomy...

Quote Originally Posted by kapiszon10 View Post
    Ok i uninstalled 5.13 update and now it works.
    But there is a huge problem with the campaign.
    I play as russia and its 1918 and i just steamrolled half of german territories without any bigger battle.
    What i see is that ai builds full authonomy level 4 in each settlement so they get 0 or 0,9 % of tax for example so they have got no money for troops...
    Any campaign i play its the same - on the beginning its normal camaign but later it gets just too easy because ai runs out of money due to the authonomy...
    Well the autonomy thing was supposed to be fixed in 5.1.3 so that would be why, you could perhaps take the DB files from 5.1.3 and compare them to the DB file from 5.1.2 and change whatever autonomy settings were changed if you're up for that.
    Although I'm no expert on DB editing I've only done a bit of tweaking, so I'm not sure what exactly effects the AI's decisions since the Warscape engine was coded in a half an hour on an old Apple II in some guys garage at 4 in the morning.

There are too many files in the db so i dont think its possible for me to find out which things has beed changed.

Well, despite my skepticism Zeraphinos seems to be right, It looks like you cant choose ultra settings for unit size you may be able to select Large but it definitely works on medium/trench warfare settings on 5.1.3. at least in my current campaign. I powered all the way to Jan 1917 and no CTD so I guess its an issue with the unit sizes or something.

PS. Love the music in your sound mod Zeraphinos, filled a big hole in my campaign lol.

Thx Dupe that u like music .

Quote Originally Posted by Ivar the Boneless View Post
    Hey Zera, do you notice this bug also? Or anyone else?

Yes , u will crash when game load this unit . Bcs an entry in the DB.pack is wrong . I will include the fix in my next version , but if u cant wait u can do it on ur own also . Its easy but u need PFM .
    So open GreatWarDB.pack and open the table unit_stats_land_tables and search for the unit "Art_Mid_MG_Horse_Russian" . Now go to the column "gun" and change it to "machine_gun_early_etienne" .
    At least for me it works and i dont crash anymore .
    Last edited by Zeraphinos; October 26, 2013 at 06:27 AM.

@Zeraphinos
    Thx for your answer and help!

bibouba's Avatar Miles

I try to open unit_stats_land_tables but PFM crashes only with this table: it says that the index is out of the limits of the table.

How do you open it ?

Or can you upload just the db pack somewhere in order that we could download it ?
    Last edited by bibouba; October 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
    "En amour comme à la guerre, pour se connaître il faut se voir de prés."
    Napoleon Ier

same here , can't find patch_media.pack file

This file is in the patch 1.1 or 1.2.. if you patch your game directly from 1.0 to 1.3, you'll only have "patch_media2.pack". i can give you an adress (pm)

Downloaded from ModDB, keep getting this:

@edit

nvm, solved it!
    Last edited by beckyolt; October 30, 2013 at 08:50 PM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

I've been having a lot of problems with this game, which is a shame considering there are almost no good WW1 games around.
    First of all, I'm using a fully updated steam version of Napoleon TW.
    I attempted to install TGW 5.1, TGW 5.1.2 and TGW 5.1.3, but had to use the alternative method because the Launcher refused to work.
    I got campaign to load no problem but I can't recruit generals (for any nation) and can't play the battles (either campaign or custom).
    Somebody please help i've trawled though the forums and haven't found any information relative to my problem, so i'm getting desperate.

Well i dont really know if there has been a fix for this or not but here goes...
    At the start I installed 5.1 and i think Patch 5.1.3 the lancher worked most factions had France's Flag and i cannot recall this perfectly however i do not remember any Music,
    I choose belgium then tried to start a campaign... it crashed, (For further reference i remember having all of the Patch 1-7 files as well as various others)
    i tried to figure out what was the problem, i re-downloaded and now every download (ModDB Mirrors) i try seems to not include Patch 1-7, Boot.pack, Data.pack and others (if needed i can write the full list at a later date) beneath this error message it says the mod will not work without them!
    My NTW copy is a steam copy although i cannot recall if it was a disk or a download...
    so thinking i have missed something i redownload these folders: The Great war 5.1, The Great War 5.1.2 and TGW Patch 5.1.3 (off ModDB)
    still not working. Please help and i am very sorry if i have missed a fix or something.

oh also i have tried the Mod Manager but cannot get it working...

Having major problems with this mod. Did everything correctly up to 5.1.3 and it seemed to fix campaign crashes, but unfortunately, I still get campaign crashes, I have played with graphical and mod settings to no avail, so simply gone back to "normal". Also, every now and then, the flags on the army tokens, cities, fleets etc on the map for some reason all vanish every now and then, and then re-appear however many turns later.

Its very frustrating for all the CTD's, especially when I was enjoying a rather good campaign with Spain which has had to be abandoned. Good luck with the next patch update fellas, don't rush it and hopefully these issues will be resolved, along with the plethora of others I have read.

Just tried again on a fresh install of Napoleon with a new download of TGW 5.1 + updates and the exact same thing happened. (Launcher fail, CTD when recruiting generals, CTD during loading of every custom and campaign battle)
    This is the error info after a Campaign Battle Crash
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Napoleon.exe
    Application Version: 1.3.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4fe1f36c
    Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7b7b3
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0002910c
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 3081