Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War | 5.1 DOWNLOAD HERE

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default The Great War | 5.1 DOWNLOAD HERE

The Great War

Installation & Download Thread
    The Great War mod began development three years ago. The journey from that point to where we are at today, with the release of 5.0, has been long. That journey has now ended, and a new one begins. As you download 5.0, keep in mind that we expect to release an array of updates (both great and small) to support and expand this N:TW modification. We thank you for downloading this product of hard work, which many team members have become closely involved with for a very long time. We thank you for contributing to the further exploration of an era that has been marginalized, almost forgotten, in games. We thank you for your support.

Update: 5.1 is up! Read the installation instructions for a correct installation of 5.1, which entirely replaces 5.0.

5.1 Patch Notes

5.1 Patch Notes Launcher:
    (Each of the following is a solution to a problem, the launcher now works for all but one of our testers, If the launcher still doesn't work for you I highly suggest you get your Log.txt after a failed launch to a dev so we can fix the remaining issues, thanks)
    -Launcher must now be run with administrator privileges
    -Removed bottom right launch button, instead launching is done through top left option
    -Launcher makes multiple checks before launch to make sure files are correct
    -Launcher now notifies of problems
    -Added option to send an error log to the developers this will help us for anyone the launcher still doesn't work for
    -Added a ton of new coding to prevent issues and generally improve things

Campaign Gameplay:
    -Strengthened Germany to realistic levels
    -Implemented optional scripting options at campaign start
    -Reduced campaign government bonus' for France
    -Increased AI tendancy to build naval units to realistic levels
    -Improved tech research times
    -Implimented massively overhauled scripting to help the campaign
    -As requested a Russian revolution now leads to the Soviet Union

Campaign Bug Fixes:
    (Some small nations still don't have Generals available, we were going to remove these nations as playable until a fix was found but I decided not too, just be aware of this)
    -Fixed campaign economy
    -Fixed turn 45 crash
    -Fixed Swiss crash
    -Fixed everyone dying in 1915
    -Added missing Serbian faction description
    -Fixed crash when some new ministers created
    -Fixed slots without build options
    -Fixed agent spawning
    -Implemented plane agents correctly. (These require the player to own both a university and an airfield (buildable on farm slots))
    -Fixed many incorrect UI text entries
    -Fixed certain rebellions containing only a general
    -Reduced tendency for characters to gain certain traits
    -Fixed missing technology icons
    -Rail buildings now correctly show tracks on map
    -Replaced incorrect minister cards

Campaign General:
    -Added left out train model
    -Added simple victory conditions for now
    -Added new custom artwork for certain events
    -More accurate historical ministers for some nations

Battles:
    -Fixed certain nations armies being overpriced
    -Fixed bugged unit textures
    -Fixed unit UI descriptions
    -Fixed possible cause of sound related CTD

Installation Instructions
    Installation Instructions
    Important! Before installing 5.1 it is of paramount importance that you remove any and all 5.0 files. Update 5.1 replaces 5.0 in its entirety because of the amount of fixes and other content included. The new launcher replaces the old one and you should therefore make sure to remove all old launcher files (if you have 5.0 installed, it may be wise to go backwards through the steps below, and then install 5.1 using these steps from the beginning).

1) Place the "data" folder in your download into your default, main Napoleon: Total War folder.
    Example path:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\

If prompted that folders already exist, click "OK" and allow any folders to be merged, nothing will be overwritten.

2) Run the launcher inside the "The Great War" folder. (Make a shortcut on your desktop if you wish)

NOTE: If launcher fails to work for some unknown reason. Follow either of these instructions as a temporary fix:

1) Place all .pack files from "The Great War/Files" folder into your data folder.

2) Place the 'user.script.txt' in the "The Great War/Files" folder into your appData folder, here:

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

Replace "USER" with your correct username

ALTERNATIVELY, install the mod using the alternative installation method provided here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...E-(with-images!)

TGW Post-5.0 Update System
    Installation Instructions With TGW 5.0, we are introducing a launcher and an auto update feature, which will keep the mod constantly updated with the latest bug fixes, feature additions and balancing adjustments. Just after the mod is released, we expect to work intensively in response to user feedback and our own extensive testing of features to ensure that as many problems are erased as quickly as possible. For more information on how to help in this process, please read the Troubleshooting section.

NOTE: A new launcher was introduced with 5.1 due to the enormous amount of issues the community apparently encountered. This launcher is intended to have the same update system as that originally planned for the 5.0 launcher.

Download Mirrors
    Download

Patches
    Download
    Patch 5.1.4

Troubleshooting
    Troubleshooting Got prolbems? Don't worry, it's to be expected right after release, use this forum for tech help, we'll be happy to try and help you. If you have a bug report, excellent! Please give it to us through the proper channels and be as description as possible in explaining the bug/crash/error.

If you are crashing often in (during) battles, check this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...acement-Advice

Tanks not moving?
    - Make sure you are playing on the largest unit size (unit size and scale are not the same thing: unit size is picked in-game through the Options menu whilst scale is selected using the launcher)
    - Issue ground attack orders to move the tanks (e.g., the pointer is in fact not showing up as a movement order but rather as a ground attack order, but in fact the tanks move when issued the latter)
    - If a tank is charged in melee, its tracks will be disabled. This means that the tank cannot move after being engaged in melee. Make sure to support your tanks with suitable infantry protection.

No generals in campaign?
    - As of 5.1 many issues have been fixed in the campaign, but one particular issue will always remain and is to be regarded as unfixable: some of the minor nations will never be able to recruit generals and the campaign experience with these nations may be somewhat less enjoyable than that with any of the majors (France, Britain, Germany, Austria-Hungary, Russia; a few "minor" nations have working generals)

A plane, a plane, a kingdom for a plane!
    - Aeroplanes are recruited at universities, which double as flight schools. But for your aspiring pilots to have somewhere to acquire the necessary skills of flying, you must also build an airport, which can be constructed on any farm slot. Airports come in a variety of levels: the first aircraft you are able to produce are of the recon type and as the name suggests they may only conduct reconnaissance. After that, you will have access to bombers and fighters.

Last edited by .Mitch.; April 02, 2014 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Re: The Great War | 5.0 DOWNLOAD HERE | Uploading...

I really hope you guys enjoy this as much as I have enjoyed making it and as much as I have enjoyed reading your amazing comments about it.

The wait is finally over

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Thank you fans of TGW, you've made a Welshman very humble with your support. Truly.
    Last edited by .Mitch.; August 11, 2013 at 09:50 PM.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Hi everybody,

It's been a long road isn't it ? Man I joined the forum just over 2 years ago why ? To download TGW & respond to the guys! Saw the mod on Youtube, bought NTW and installed TGW. Not much months later I joined the TGW team. I am truly grateful for being part of this huge undertaking thanks guys! I hope everyone really likes the mod and thank the core team for this wonderful 3 year(!) ride to glory!

Today we celebrate the release of 5.0! And the end of our lives! As we know it.

General Brewster.
    Last edited by General Brewster; August 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM.

zxcvmnb's Avatar Semisalis

I'd like to thank the team for the opportunity to work on this mod. While I was unable to contribute all that much, I am really glad I was able to help out in some way! I'm very excited to see this mod reach such a level of completion! Congrats on the release, everyone.

TGW Mod Official Unit Cutter-Outer

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

It's been a long road... gettin' from there to - Actually, that song is terrible.

But it certainly has been a long road, and a helluva journey. It's been a privilege to contribute to this team, and I look forward to continuing to help in the years to come.

It ain't over yet

Quidquid Latine dictum...
    ... sit altum videtur.

It's finally here - enjoy.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

I'm glad I could be a part of the massive undertaking this project has been. I would like to thank the team for such an awe-inspiring modification. I'm so happy I could help. I remember the early days of this mod when there was a single thread jam-packed with ambition. Well...that ambition has translated into something truly extraordinary. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Audacia; August 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM.

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

Default Re: The Great War | 5.0 DOWNLOAD HERE

Now for the longest 43 minutes of my life.

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

Repping time!
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
    This signature is clickable

Laetus

Two years of waiting is finally over. Everyday i would check both moddb and twcenter for an update or even a release for this mod. I used to get so happy when you guys released a new screenshot and now i can finally play it. Doesn't feel real.

Jakethe_Snake15's Avatar Ordinarius

I've said it a number of times now, and I'll certainly be saying it again and again, but thank you all.

Your efforts have truly been amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by James Spader/Alan Shore "Boston Legal"
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Don't forget !

Rep+ King Sama
    Rep+ .Mitch.
    Rep+ Aanker
    Rep+ Gunny'
    Rep+ B-DizL
    Rep+ panzerschreck
    Rep+ The Hedge Knight
    Rep+ don_Durandal

And however I never ask I'd like a last 5 rep points as well!

Laetus

he file you have selected (The_Great_War_5.0.zip) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. To access more download mirrors we encourage you to join the community, otherwise please be patient and keep trying. Tendre que esperar un poco mas...

Wow, this is awesome , i'll go to bed soon and wake up to install

Laetus

Voy a probar registrandome.

26 minutes left on download....

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by xixt0r View Post
    he file you have selected (The_Great_War_5.0.zip) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. To access more download mirrors we encourage you to join the community, otherwise please be patient and keep trying. Tendre que esperar un poco mas...
    Descargando sin problemas

Laetus

Este mod lo estube esperando hace mucho tiempo,son los mejores,que tengan el mejor de los dias. Buenas Noches

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast