Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Support, Bug Reports and Hot Fixes

Default Re: Support, Bug Reports and Hot Fixes

Playing and loving this mod so far! But I am getting a CTD in my parthian campaign when I end the turn. It looks like a problem with the republic of carthage, hopefully you can give me a idea of what this could be. Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, I found the bug that made the CTD, I had to use toggle_fow and enable ai movement to be seen, and the problem is with the seleucids, that have 2 same generals with probably the same age, I figured out that the game just crashed because he died for natural causes and just because there are 2 same generals the game bugs.
    Here is the screenshot
    [IMG]C:\Users\windows\Desktop\Error Double Generals.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry I'm new here don't know how to put screenshots
    Here it goes sorry
    http://imageshack.com/a/img607/5148/ocbd.jpg

Hi bruno13.
    Thanks for your feedback. I don't think that this bug depends directly from the mod, but I believe, that it is a problem related to the original RTW.
    To resolve the problem try the following: Go back to your last save, but before clicking the turn make some additional move with one or two of your units, just to create some different interaction. Then click. When the turn is succesfully done (hopefully), check the Seleucid general again and report if the problem is still there.

Thanks Philadelphos, now is working great

A minor bug in RTH 1.4:
    The description for the Galatian Horseback unit is not displaying, due to a wrong line in the export_units file. You can correct it yourself (in the text folder).
    The line reads:
    {galatian_cavalryn_descr}
    and it should be:
    {galatian_cavalry_descr}
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

Last night I found a minor bug too that I don't know if is from the mod itself, but I just tried a random quick battle and all my unit cards were peasants as German, but I had Warband, Chosen Swordmen, Head Hurlers, etc.., and I found on the map (a barbarian large town and I was defending from the Romans) 2 strange black holes on random parts of the map.

Actually, I didn't know if random Quick Battle worked at all with RTH. I never tried that out before, but now I did.

I had no black spots, but most of the units cards came as peasants. Besides that, the battle worked fine.

From this it appears that Quick Battle takes the units and the skins from RTH, but the unit cards are taken from vanilla.

So if you want to have correct unit cards, you should copy the RTH folders data>UI>units and data>UI>unit_info into your vanilla folder.

Hey, I'd like to try out the mod, but haven't got a clue how to make the launcher work on mac, any ideas?
    Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure ~ Tacitus

Unfortunately I know nothing about Macs.
    Are you able to create a shortcut of RomeTW.exe? If so, it should be sufficient to edit the destination line in Properties.
    Who has experience with Macs and is able to help?

Well, I can't just type some extra words besides the designated path for a standard copy of the RTW shortcut, I need to select a file/folder to which the shortcut links, apparently. Thanks for the help anyway, and really looking forward to playing the mod
    Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure ~ Tacitus

I'm playing 1.3, so I don't know if this bug will happen in 1.4, but I got a missing uni texture for tocharian noble cavalry for the slave faction. Sorry if this was already fixed, but just to be sure.

Hi bruno13,
    I want to thank you for your feedback, which is really very useful.
    Yes there is a bug, two wrong lines in the descr_model_battle.txt file.
    To resolve it go to the folder rth/data and open descr_model_battle.txt.
    Search for the following lines:

texture slave, RTH/data/models_unit/rth/textures/tocharian_noble_cavalry_slave.tga
    texture merc, RTH/data/models_unit/rth/textures/tocharian_noble_cavalry_merc.tga

and replace them with:

texture slave, RTH/data/models_unit/rth/textures/tocharian_cavalry_slave.tga
    texture merc, RTH/data/models_unit/rth/textures/tocharian_cavalry_merc.tga

That should do.

Thanks, now is loading fine.

How often does the enemy attack? I'm in year 272bc and the Gauls or Epirus never go on the offensive. I just took over Tarentum and killed Pyrrhus. I'm playing on campaign VH and battles H

The computer player is not so stupid as it may appear. He seems to know that his weak position in Southern Italy would not allow him to win against the Romans. So he first tries to consolidate his territory by conquering Messana and Rhegium. Sometimes he succeeds and then it might become a nice challenge. But it seems you finished him earlier.

By the way, 272 is quite realistic for the end of Pyrrhus and the Greeks in Tarentum.

The Gauls in Northern Italy will not declare war until they have unified their territory across the Alpes from Bononia to Alesia. I thought it would be too much to have them at war with the Romans from the start. If you want to pep up your game, you should declare war yourself to face the real challenge for the Republic: A war on two fronts against Pyrrhus AND the Gauls contemporarily!
    Last edited by Philadelphos; April 04, 2014 at 03:43 PM.

Philadelphos, does the mod upgrade the AI's naval invasion possibilities? I just haven't seen much naval invasions at all, and I saw in my Parthian campaign that the Romans stopped their south-expansion on Sicily, possibly because of the land bridges, they don't even tried to invade north africa, which is quite unhistorical on the period. I'm currently playing as the Iberian Tribes btw

Naval invasions have always been a problem in Rome Total War, that's why people came up with the land bridges.

Unfortunately there seems to be no other solution. If anybody knows how to increase the probability of naval invasions in RTW I let me know.

The Romans stop in Sicily, that's quite rational. In that early stage they wouldn't stand a chance in Africa. But they will clash with the Carthaginians again in Spain, usually in Tarraconensis. Just give the Romans time to conquer Narbo and let the Carthaginians lay their hands on Saguntum and there you got it: The Second Punic War!

Btw, how long did you last with your Parthians?

-----------------------------------------------

Regarding naval invasions, it seems CA tried to address the problem in RTW II, and they spent a lot of resources on that feature. At least they appear pretty proud of it. But unfortunately they screwed all the rest!

Well,I was playing in Parthia in 215 BC aproximately, and still, Romans stopped on Sicily. I however succesfully invaded Italian Peninsula, and to be honest, I thought it was gonna be imposible, but you can't imagine what well trained Persian Cavalry with the top equipments provided in the rich Egypt can do to slow roman infantry! Cataphracts proved to be essential in my conquest, but I still need to hold on the roman various stacks coming for revenge
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Victory.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	689.9 KB 
ID:	304865

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphos View Post
    The computer player is not so stupid as it may appear. He seems to know that his weak position in Southern Italy would not allow him to win against the Romans. So he first tries to consolidate his territory by conquering Messana and Rhegium. Sometimes he succeeds and then it might become a nice challenge. But it seems you finished him earlier.

By the way, 272 is quite realistic for the end of Pyrrhus and the Greeks in Tarentum.

The Gauls in Northern Italy will not declare war until they have unified their territory across the Alpes from Bononia to Alesia. I thought it would be too much to have them at war with the Romans from the start. If you want to pep up your game, you should declare war yourself to face the real challenge for the Republic: A war on two fronts against Pyrrhus AND the Gauls contemporarily!
    Thanks, we shall see how things go from here. I've already declared war on the Gauls, and I'm just sitting here waiting to see what they do.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast