Thread: Three Kingdoms (2010) TV Show

Default Three Kingdoms (2010) TV Show

Like Stratega's Romance of Three Kingdoms (1993) posting of the TV show, I am doing the same, although this is the newer, 2010 Three Kingdoms
    (One thing tho, I did not upload these videos, I'm just merely pointing links to the uploader who most kindly posted every single episode)
    Those interested in the wikilore: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kingdoms_(TV_series)

Includes English Subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNHnX...B27334176EFB20 (Playlist starting from Episode 1, Part 1/4 out of 68 Episodes)

Episode 1 (4 Parts)

Enjoy!
    Last edited by The Blade That Was Broken; August 10, 2013 at 09:59 PM.

Default Re: Three Kingdoms (2010) TV Show

I just finished watching the final episode of the 95 epic today!

Nick The Hun's Avatar Foederatus

I finished it also last week. The serie is amazing. The one from 1993 is also very ncie to watch

I am curentlly at episode 5(haven't started it yet),but i like the series a lot.But i got 1 question,what is the meening of "Styles <something>" bellow the name of someone.It is his original province?or it is a second name?

Quote Originally Posted by Seshomaru View Post
    I am curentlly at episode 5(haven't started it yet),but i like the series a lot.But i got 1 question,what is the meening of "Styles <something>" bellow the name of someone.It is his original province?or it is a second name?
    Most Chinese have more than one name, such as a nickname or something close to an English Middle-Name.

Hmm...i see.That's why sometimes they refer to Cao Cao as Cao Mengdai.

Thx for answer

Nick The Hun's Avatar Foederatus

They call it a 'Court name'. Don't ask me what that's supposed to mean.

Did anyone else think that the actor who played Wei Yan was a baaad mofo?

I kind of feel bad for him since he did so much for Shu and never got appreciated as much as the others

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

The zi, or styled/courtesy name, was a formal name that only educated Chinese males had. It was a name that was either chosen by the individual, given to them by family patriarch, or given to them by their teacher, when they came of age and was reserved for only close friends and family (ie: not anyone could call Liu Bei by his zi: Xuande). Some times the zi was used to denote a male's birth order amongst their sibling, such as in the case of Ma Liang (Jichang) and Ma Su (Youchang).
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

So far I'm loving Dong Zhuo's hilarious dialogue, hah.