Thread: Anybody got some tips for propping up waning factions?

Default Anybody got some tips for propping up waning factions?

If a faction is getting it's butt kicked by another faction, and is down to say, two or three provinces, how do I help them hold their own, if not come back, short of war and besides giving money? Like right now, Carthage is stomping the Iberians, and I want to keep them bottled up in Iberia so they don't eradicate the Gauls, and since I've already had enough of fighting Carthage...don't wanna fight them the whole game, y'know? They'll be pretty hard to stop if they take all of Iberia.

Invoker's Avatar Philosopher-King

Default Re: Anybody got some tips for propping up waning factions?

You can always just invade Carthage with some armies and just ransack everything, not assaulting any settlements, but just eradicating armies. That way you can weaken Carthage and allow Iberia a chance.
    Servant in the House of Siblesz under the Patronage of the fallen Crandar.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

You could CHEAT but I've never done this.

Can also give funds to Numidea and Iberia, will hurt Carthage a fair bit.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    If a faction is getting it's butt kicked by another faction, and is down to say, two or three provinces, how do I help them hold their own, if not come back, short of war and besides giving money? Like right now, Carthage is stomping the Iberians, and I want to keep them bottled up in Iberia so they don't eradicate the Gauls, and since I've already had enough of fighting Carthage...don't wanna fight them the whole game, y'know? They'll be pretty hard to stop if they take all of Iberia.
    You can always do like Invoker47 says, send punitive raid to Africa. I always do that to the Macedonians before they get too big in all my roman campaign.

Just send one fully trained stack each time. You're not there to conquer but just to harass the enemy heartland where their main military is base. If you have money you can supplement you depleted legion with mercs.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook