Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Faction-Preview Egypt

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: Faction-Preview Egypt

ah, that way.

But with 300 anusyia against a horde of Barbarian Greeks (lol) or the other way around?
    If it's the first; don't worry, they'll pose enough of a threat to you, but we just won't do "a horde of Greeks". Because it isn't realistic. The factions represent city-states, not giant leagues (when under the AI).

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    that's great , but what me and roach are looking for is the possibility to get a heroic victory against the enemy, however that was almost inpossible in V2.
    I have gotten a heroic with a larger but weaker army as well, no worries here.

@Bull So... The result is that they will be crushed like city states, not heroiced like empires. Well, that's more accurate.

and unfortunantely I was talking about V2 and you know that battles wasn't realy balanced in that version. as cacrouch pointed a campaign without at least 2 or 3 heroic victorys are boring
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

The result is that they will be crushed like city states, not heroiced like empires. Well, that's more accurate.
    After a few pretty bloody battles, yes.
    AI will be balanced so that they can't crush the city-states when their empire isn't large enough.

Really, the Greeks will be more like the "get off my lawn"-kind of factions: they won't/can't expand that much, but taking their homeland is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    ah, that way.

But with 300 anusyia against a horde of Barbarian Greeks (lol) or the other way around?
    If it's the first; don't worry, they'll pose enough of a threat to you, but we just won't do "a horde of Greeks". Because it isn't realistic. The factions represent city-states, not giant leagues (when under the AI).
    ninjad ! I didn't saw this post .

I said I want it realistic, no worries I don't want to see a persian version of 300 neither a fantasy mod.

and I'm not talking about greeks being OP I actually didn't had any problems with this (exept with cyrine and lonia expanding and dominating to of the four powers)

I'm talking about more battle balance and thats it please don't put al those words in my mouth I never even spoke about the greeks.
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    AI will be balanced
    the answer I was looking for thanks mate
    BOM to Kakabis

I was thinking about this faction and it sth I didn't get :

are the egyption hoplite going to be more expensive than the greeks ?

reason : well unlike greek factions who onley payed for the hoplites upkeep and equipment the egyption hoplites were mercenarys and abiusly recuirs more mony and should also have a lover moral since they don't fight for their native country. can any 1 light me up a bit ?
    BOM to Kakabis

Space Wolves's Avatar Primicerius

Is it normal to be getting a rise of persia authentication required window popping up in the first page O_o. Was going to enjoy the previews then BAM

20,284 Officers Lost in the Line of Duty as of 2010-12 this month- 124 this year
    Red: Suspect inflicted: Blue Accident
    Officer Christopher A Wilson: End of Watch 10/27/10: San Diego PD, CA
    Lt. Jose A Cordova Montaez: End of Watch 10/26/10: Pureto Rico PD
    Cpt. George Green: End of Watch 10/26/10: Oklahoma Highway PD
    Deputy Sheriff Odelle McDuffle Jr. 10/25/10: Liberty Country SD, Texas
    Officer John Abraham: End of Watch 10/25/10: Teaneck PD New Jersey
    Sgt. Timothy Prunty: End of Watch 10/24/10: Shreveport PD. Louisiana

I was thinking about this faction and it sth I didn't get :

are the egyption hoplite going to be more expensive than the greeks ?

reason : well unlike greek factions who onley payed for the hoplites upkeep and equipment the egyption hoplites were mercenarys and abiusly recuirs more mony and should also have a lover moral since they don't fight for their native country. can any 1 light me up a bit ?
    BOM to Kakabis

Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolves View Post
    Is it normal to be getting a rise of persia authentication required window popping up in the first page O_o. Was going to enjoy the previews then BAM
    Pictures are hosted on the internal part of our site; hence the fact that you need to be a dev to view them . Nero should have a look at that .

@Persian Immortal:
    While I do agree that they should be more expensive, I don't really know what I should do concerning this:
    and should also have a lover moral since they don't fight for their native country. can any 1 light me up a bit ?
    since I don't really know what their position in Egyptian society was (Rez?). If they, say, were brought to Egypt with the promise of more land and gold than they'd get in Greece, I don't think their morale should be any lower.

[QUOTE=Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze;9956847]
    @Persian Immortal:
    While I do agree that they should be more expensive, I don't really know what I should do concerning this:
    yeah as mercenerys they should be more expansive and should have a higher upkeep.
    since I don't really know what their position in Egyptian society was (Rez?). If they, say, were brought to Egypt with the promise of more land and gold than they'd get in Greece, I don't think their morale should be any lower.
    I agree with you I just though that hey the greeks fought for honer and glory , they fight for their home land so they should have a higher moral than a mercenary , but IF they were granted land and such thing I think you're right they shouldn't have a lower moral.
    BOM to Kakabis

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234