Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faction-Preview Egypt

Default Re: Faction-Preview Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    I'll look into the hoplites; they should have the same stats as the others of their tier, at least.
    Kemet will also have access to more regional units, so that'll make them a bit stronger as well.
    I was talking about thier native elite units the hoplite is cool but having they as the elite units of the egyption roster isn't cool this is 550 BC their native dudes should actually be stronger than the hoplites with lover quality equipment than the hoplites but higer skill (they could have lower DEF and higher ATCK).

what do you think bull ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

No. Native Egyptian troops had less quality both in armor and in skill than hoplites. The hoplites were historically there because of that fact; the Egyptians were smart: if you can't beat it, adapt it.
    Hoplites remain the strongest unit.

you could at least make the native egyptions more mobile since the hoplite are more or less a defensive unit with heavy equipment.
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

Well, the hoplites are less mobile, if that satisfies your needs

they were not less mobile in V2, I think eastern units should all be far more mobile than the hoplites even heavy infantrys like the anushiya
    BOM to Kakabis

I thought we were talking about V3? Because I was

you mean that's going to change so that you don't get your ass kicked even when charging hoplites from behin ? IF so than YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    BOM to Kakabis

Note that that actually makes them stronger in combat - no matter the stats, swords killl infantry much better than spears. So both spears and swords is actually a good thing. For the player.
    I agree with bull about sword killing infantry better than spears actually it would be awesome to see the Immortals (anushiya) using swords as well is it possible ?
    .BULL???!!!!
    BOM to Kakabis

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Note that that actually makes them stronger in combat - no matter the stats, swords killl infantry much better than spears. So both spears and swords is actually a good thing. For the player.
    Aye I know that, but I wasn't talking about the gameplay implications...historically hoplites fought with their spears, the swords were just for the "last stand" (well..not properly but I'm tired and I don't want to write a lot so I'm keeping this simple ). So if the hoplites wield their swords while charging, they will keep them for quite a while before returning in formation and use spears again...it's quite incorrect if you get what I'm saying. Historically speaking

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

I don't think hoplites should be made ANY stronger than they are. They're spearmen, and already slaughter anything.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Aye, maybe you're right

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    I don't think hoplites should be made ANY stronger than they are. They're spearmen, and already slaughter anything.
    They remain as they are, albeit that they'll have less fatigue.

All in all, however, the balancing of the Greek factions is mainly a campaign balancing issue; the Greeks had the best heavy infantry in the world, yes, but they couldn't conquer because they weren't united. We aim to represent that.

hmmmmmmm.... are the anushiya going to use their swords like the egyption hoplites ????

any ways thanks for the awesome preview.
    BOM to Kakabis

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

They remain as they are, albeit that they'll have less fatigue.

All in all, however, the balancing of the Greek factions is mainly a campaign balancing issue; the Greeks had the best heavy infantry in the world, yes, but they couldn't conquer because they weren't united. We aim to represent that.
    But then they'll still be op. I want to be able to defeat an army without outnumbering them 5:1.

Don't worry. You'll have your epic victories without outnumbering them...too much.

hmmmmmmm.... are the anushiya going to use their swords like the egyption hoplites ????

any ways thanks for the awesome preview.
    Nope, as the engine can only do 2 weapons per unit, and seeing as the Anusyia need their bows...

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    But then they'll still be op. I want to be able to defeat an army without outnumbering them 5:1.
    one of the issues that makes me stop playing V2

[QUOTE]
    Don't worry. You'll have your epic victories without outnumbering them...too much.
    by saying too much you mean that we still have to out number them .

damn no 300 this time

Nope, as the engine can only do 2 weapons per unit, and seeing as the Anusyia need their bows...
    I agree But the anushiya historically used many type of weopens , too bad RTW don't allows them in the game
    BOM to Kakabis

by saying too much you mean that we still have to out number them .
    Only slightly. Because your units sizes will be larger anyway (and they will field less units because of money restrictions) you'll probably be able to win with an equal amount of units anyway.

Only slightly. Because your units sizes will be larger anyway (and they will field less units because of money restrictions) you'll probably be able to win with an equal amount of units anyway.
    that's great , but what me and roach are looking for is the possibility to get a heroic victory against the enemy, however that was almost inpossible in V2.
    BOM to Kakabis

Unfortunately, nobody really knows how the engine calculates such things; sometimes it's heroic and sometimes (under harsher conditions, even) it's clear.

dude I'm talking about getting a victory against a enemy army who is stronger and larger than your army (though I I don't want it to be unrealistic)
    BOM to Kakabis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast