Thread: Having Problems with Fresh Install

Default Having Problems with Fresh Install

Just installed the Expansion and it loads great. The problem is when I attempt to start a new game it jumps back to the start screen. Any help is appreciated. I attempted to place this in the Bug thread but it was closed. Loved the old version of the Mod and I look forward to playing the expansion with the new units. GREAT JOB and +++ rep!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: Having Problems with Fresh Install

Quote Originally Posted by Xmecial View Post
    Just installed the Expansion and it loads great. The problem is when I attempt to start a new game it jumps back to the start screen. Any help is appreciated. I attempted to place this in the Bug thread but it was closed. Loved the old version of the Mod and I look forward to playing the expansion with the new units. GREAT JOB and +++ rep!
    Please don't tell me you are using steam? If not check to see if all virtual-compatibility files are deleted

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Please don't tell me you are using steam? If not check to see if all virtual-compatibility files are deleted
    No Steam, but I am not sure what the virtual-compatibility files are, and where they are located. I downloaded and installed the .exe into the correct folder and the program starts fine, it's when you click on the faction and want it to start that it pops back one screen. Thank you and great mod.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Xmecial View Post
    No Steam, but I am not sure what the virtual-compatibility files are, and where they are located. I downloaded and installed the .exe into the correct folder and the program starts fine, it's when you click on the faction and want it to start that it pops back one screen. Thank you and great mod.
    Lookssee
    Attention Virtual Compatible Files
    Make sure no virtual-compatible files exist before loading up your game w/new files-Attention Virtual Store
    ''It is also advisable to disable the Virtual Store for M2TW, follow this tutorial as from step 3 onward: How To Fix UAC and VirtualStore Problems (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397636)'' Gigantus

And thank for kind word. Let us know if this isn't the solution
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 08, 2013 at 11:37 PM.

That was not the problem, so I did a complete delete and install. The new install works and the I thank you and your team for making a great MOD even better; thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad you got it going and We thank You. We have an attachment patch coming out very soon so just keep in mind