Thread: Can't re-open H:TW 3.0.1 twice. Crash Logs. . . gone?

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

Icon2 Can't re-open H:TW 3.0.1 twice. Crash Logs. . . gone?

Well. I've almost reached wit's end, and am in a bit of a bind.

The newest patch has suddenly started working for me after repeating installation, un-installation, and re-installation about three times, but that's not why I'm here.

Once I've played the mod once, if I Exit, or else crash during gameplay and am forced out, I cannot begin H:TW again.

More specifically,

I run the AUI.Bat on clicking the H:TW shortcut. AUI.Bat works fine.

M:2TWK launcher comes up fine, I click on my Hyrule mod folder, the exact same mod folder I used when I started, say, my Shiekah Campaign a few hours ago.

* Instead of loading H:TW, the launcher claims M:2TW K has encountered a fatal error and must be shut down.

Well, after all this I knew on instinct that Neph might need my crash logs, right?

I went to the logs file, under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War. . .

I have only four log files instead of five,

hyrule.ai.log.txt
    hyrule.script.log.txt
    hyrule.script2.log.txt
    hyrule.scriptoutput.log.txt

And they're all 0kb, they're all blank.

Now, I know it's not the "Application is already running" glitch because A. the error window would be in Steam's color scheme, rather than the white and blue it gives for a, lacking better term, native program, and B. I already checked to make sure the Launcher process had stopped.

Am I the only one getting this?

Final notes:

Yes, I used the Steam Kingdoms App to allow me to use another mod on Steam.

I've installed this mod the same way I always have, and it's almost always worked - and when it didn't, I wasn't the only one with a problem. . .

Game runs perfectly if I turn the computer off and on again, in other words restarting the computer seems fine.

Arise, my army!

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

What I've encountered, and it seems to be a similar issue to yours, is that my game doesn't fully stop running when I close or crash. I still appear to be in game (which has really skewed my playtime stats) on Steam, and cannot launch the game again. A fix for this I've found is to open up the Task Manager and make sure that the Kingdoms.exe and Launcher.exe processes are ended. So don't look under the Applications tab, but the Processes one. Sometimes it still doesn't like to launch directly after that, but by ending the launcher.exe and giving it a few minutes, it tends to work fine for me now.

Another fix is restarting Steam (due to it being a process tied to Steam) or going into Offline mode on Steam (which in essence restarts Steam, and doesn't record all the 'leftover' playtime which I don't bother to stop).

In short, end the Launcher.exe process in the Task Manager, or restart Steam.

What should be noted is that I haven't checked my crash logs so it might not be the same issue.
    Last edited by Ishan; August 12, 2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: double post