Thread: Philosophical Grounding

Default Philosophical Grounding

In SS I never had a moral issue with my wars because my campaigns were usually fairly short and involved ensuring the safety of England "proper" or France "proper" etc.
    In China that entire thought process has been hurled out of the window as China "proper" is almost the entire map but history and semi-legendary stories have informed us that people strongly identified with province or even country and the sense of ruling AUH is something that the player basically has to impose upon the other factions. It is difficult for me to conduct a war I can consider legitimate in these conditions.
    Currently I have the Huai river as my southern boundary and control most of the North except for the realm of the Black Mountain bandits for which a struggle has been ensuing. I never once questioned "Why am I fighting this war?" in Europe but the question has been eating away at me since turn 1 as my goal had been to control the area roughly corresponding to the Jurchen Jin Dynasty rather than AUH but to do this the Heishan, Hebei, Yanzhou, Qingzhou, Liang, Xi Liang, Youzhou, Liaodong, Huainan, Nanyang and Xuzhou all need to be absorbed.
    Most threads are about bug fixes or missions regarding improving historical accuracy but for me a philosophical grounding for my campaign as Cao Wei to re-establish the Han Dynasty (Currently titled as Cao Cao - Chancellor of Han) would be the greatest bit of historical accuracy I could ever ask for and I wonder if anyone else has had a similar issue.
    I find this mod to be incredibly fun and thank the creators for making me revisit the sort of philosophical discussions I used to have with my mother so this is not a criticism of a mod I think is beyond anything I could have asked for.
    (No Neo-Confucian soft heart here. My family has been staunchly Legalist in philosophy since the fall of the Joseon Dynasty)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Philosophical Grounding

I am sure that Seether will be all ears if you have any suggestions how to create a philosophical grounding for the mod. We haven't got an intro movie yet, that might be able to serve this purpose.
    Or individual faction intro movies for that matter.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

We currently are working on a script that deals with just that: Imperial Guardian, Emperor, and Usurpation. Essentially players, under certain conditions, will have the choice to either support of supplant the Han emperor. It is a lot more complicated and detailed than that, but that is the gist of how the script works. That way players will have that philosophical grounding when conducting their campaign.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

I don't presume to have any suggestions for this mod as I'm just some kid who read a book and thought himself tall.
    I love your idea Seether but am able to only offer my best wishes. The question wasn't really one regarding any future plans in the mod as I didn't ever consider a script like that to be within the confines of the game but just a question to anyone out there who might be influenced by ideas like the Mandate of Heaven or some form of proto-nationalism or regionalism. I like to fantasize that the people of areas I go into greet my armies in one way or another (liberator/occupier) based on historical and cultural realities. Just my way of spicing up the game