Thread: How to make a mod

Default How to make a mod

I have seen other people make mods and I was wondering how to, or where to go to to find some American revolution mods? Thanks

Senator

Default Re: How to make a mod

It requires a tremendous amount of technical know-how and time. Mapping, coding, animating... there are dozens of things that go into modding.

There are simple modifications one can make to files in the game to change unit stats etc. But that's pretty much all you can do without a lot of effort.

The Blue and the Grey is the best American Civil War mod. I think the one you're posting in is the only Revolution mod.

So how would u do simple ones?

A year ago, I'd don't know one thing about modding. I primarily work with scripts, but with some effort and patience, you can learn the "know how" and some yourself. I suggest reading through the tools and tutorial section of the forum. Most modders will be happy to answer your question. I started off wanting to learn how to do modeling, but I self roped myself into modding battle mechanics. Ultimately, what you end up doing would depend on your own passion. If you like modeling or texturing, then you willowy likely be in high demand.

Good luck to you,...