Page 6 of 120 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Homophobia (originally Russian Homophobia)

Default Re: Russian Homophobia

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    There are forms of self harm that are exclusive to certain groups. For example only women perform self harm by removing their clitoral-hoods, only the Satere Mawe tribe use a glove on bullet ants as an initiation ritual, even animals self-harm.
    Is there a point you're making, or are you just listing things you personally don't like about homosexuals for no good reason?
    No evidence or studies supporting heterosexual "bugchasing" were provided. Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenprince
    I know spouses that will purposefully infect themselves with their significant others diseases just to share the disease with them.
    I know about a guy who claims to have seen Bigfoot. In other words, your anecdote is useless.

http://hamptonroads.com/node/112611
    http://eagle.ceu.edu/node/4774

And it's not just gay men at risk. Kalich said she's talked recently with heterosexual women who claim to be bug chasers.
    It has even been observed that in some African communities healthy women will knowingly sleep with HIV positive men in the hopes of becoming infected.
    I'm sorry, wut?

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Quote Originally Posted by frozenprince View Post
    One sentence : " And it's not just gay men at risk. Kalich said she's talked recently with heterosexual women who claim to be bug chasers. " An anomaly in the bugchasing sub-culture. Also no real proof, just that she has "talked recently with heterosexual women" (number unspecified.. just how many women? Two?)

" It has even been observed that in some African communities healthy women will knowingly sleep with HIV positive men in the hopes of becoming infected. "

Cool. Where? How many?

Again, one sentence in an article otherwise entirely about homosexuals bugchasing.

I'm sorry, wut?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Where's your proof behind this rather bold assertion?
    The happiest countries in the world tend to be Christian countries.

Quote Originally Posted by mike^_^ View Post
    One sentence : " And it's not just gay men at risk. Kalich said she's talked recently with heterosexual women who claim to be bug chasers. " An anomaly in the bugchasing sub-culture. Also no real proof, just that she has "talked recently with heterosexual women" (number unspecified.. just how many women? Two?)

" It has even been observed that in some African communities healthy women will knowingly sleep with HIV positive men in the hopes of becoming infected. "

Cool. Where? How many?

Again, one sentence in an article otherwise entirely about homosexuals bugchasing.

I'm sorry, wut?
    I'm sorry, did you provide specific examples? Did you show anything that could be regarded as a specific number? Anything other than *gasp* three forum posts and a Wikipedia article that has this linked in it?

HIV positive man Ricky Dyer, who investigated the apparent bug chasing phenomenon for a 2006 BBC programme, I love being HIV+, said that an air of complacency about the realities of living with the virus may be one reason why infection rates have been rising.[15] However, the BBC also described bugchasing as more internet fantasy than reality, saying that, "Dyer finds that the overwhelming majority of the talk is pure fantasy." The article also quotes Will Nutland, head of health promotion at Terrence Higgins Trust, as saying, "The concepts of 'gift giving' and 'bug chasers' are definitely based more in fantasy than reality" as well as Deborah Jack, chief executive of the National AIDS Trust saying, "There is very little evidence of people trying to get infected with HIV."
    Nowhere in the Wiki article you linked too did it specify that bug chasing was an exclusively homosexual phenomena, more importantly, it's completely irrelevant. A small subsection of a small subsection of an entire culture isn't indicative of jack all.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Michele Bachmann View Post
    The happiest countries in the world tend to be Christian countries.
    Speaking as someone from a country with two state religions, which at the same time is stereotyped as miserable...

Not to mention the massive correlation/causation fallacy.

Protector Domesticus

Less with the homophobic bullcrap thats being spouted and more with the issue at hand, such as wether or not we should be interfering in another countries affairs ect.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Speaking as someone from a country with two state religions, which at the same time is stereotyped as miserable...

Not to mention the massive correlation/causation fallacy.
    I can't help it if Britons are eternally miserable. Maybe it has something to do with the rise of atheism.

National AIDS Trust

Into the trash it goes.

I can't help it if Britons are eternally miserable. Maybe it has something to do with the rise of atheism.
    You spelled "Jedi" wrong.

Senator

See that's the problem with religion. Everything good is gods work, evertything had the work of man. It's so inhuman.

alex man142's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Jesus can blow me.
    Go back and leave that anti-Christian nonsense somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I remember reading that Jesus, Muhammad and even Abraham were actually gay and that's why they all hated women so much. So maybe in afterlife your wish will come true.
    Jesus did not hate women, muhammad had many wives, and Abraham had one wife, a concubine, and a second wife. I'm not sure where you are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    There are many studies that say the opposite. Studies can say almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Through the power of Jesus, I'm gay
    Not by His power but certainly someone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by justicar5 View Post
    1) when was the last time you did your Biblical Duty and murdered a non-believer and raped their pre-pubescent daughter?

2) I'd tell him to avoid Evangelicals, as they have a higher rate of drug addiction and STI than the population.

Also christian communities have a higher rate of suicide than the general population, so in fact the reverse of all you claim is true, the more Christian a community is, the less happy and healthy it is
    1. http://wwrn.org/articles/40406/ Boo yah! Church goers smoke less!
    2. http://www.christianpost.com/news/ch...reveals-98526/ Woot! Christians are happier!

3. Please show me the exact verse where it shows that Christians have to rape their own kids....you can't! It doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by justicar5 View Post
    You also haven't addressed the affect your religions teachings have, increased STIs, increased pregnancies, increased suicides, higher divorce rates.
    1. STI's? If you follow Biblical teachings then STD's would be eradicated!
    2. More pregnancy? Heck yes, there is no issue with that.
    3. More suicides? Show me...
    4. If everyone was a Christian and followed orthodox Christian teaching than there would be little divorce.
    Last edited by God-Emperor of Mankind; August 07, 2013 at 11:48 PM.

It doesn't freaking matter if it's being used as a distraction by politicians or not, the point of the matter is that people are being discriminated against, persecuted, and imprisoned for something that's as out of their control as the color of their own skin.
    Then they can go to whatever horrid and disgusting country they want and have their orgies over there. You abide by the country's rules and if it says no to homosexuals then you obey it fully and keep quiet. Else pack your bags and get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunegari View Post
    I'm thinking about launching a personal buycott of Russia, but most readily available vodka in the US is domestic or from elsewhere in Europe. Maybe I'll find some stolichnaya.
    What homosexuals could do:
    Bangladesh, elsewhere SE Asia: don't wear clothes or buy rubber products
    Arabian peninsula: don't buy petroleum products
    Good. Revel in homosexuality. Don't come crying to Russia, ME, or even Bangladesh that you need immigrants to make your economy work.

Quote Originally Posted by Central Asian Qaghan View Post
    Then they can go to whatever horrid and disgusting country they want and have their orgies over there. You abide by the country's rules and if it says no to homosexuals then you obey it fully and keep quiet. Else pack your bags and get out.
    Simply wow. So according to you if a country has laws against blacks all those blacks should leae the country because of it? Ugghh the sheer ignorance and bigotry in your post just hits a nerve.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus the Molossian View Post
    Simply wow. So according to you if a country has laws against blacks all those blacks should leae the country because of it? Ugghh the sheer ignorance and bigotry in your post just hits a nerve.
    If a country has a law that says no blacks then yes they should abide by that law. If the law says that no rap music then you abide by that law. Being black or liking rap music, for instance, confers no right to you as an individual.

That makes less sense than anything I've heard in my entire life.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Indefinitely Banned

I don't think a country should outlaw being black, but if they want to segregate, they have every right to do so.

Wow. Thats all I can say. They do not have the right. A government has NO right over a person's sexuality. NONE. When it comes to an individual's sexuality the government does not get a say. Same goes for race. A government has no right to make laws against gays or races. None at all. Any who do are making laws that will not be obeyed and are opressing the citizens. Segregation was done away with. Doesn't the Bible preach love and equality? But of course people only use it as a reason to persecute others. I wash my hands of this thread.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Central Asian Qaghan View Post
    If a country has a law that says no blacks then yes they should abide by that law. If the law says that no rap music then you abide by that law. Being black or liking rap music, for instance, confers no right to you as an individual.
    See now, some of us have this concept called "rights." These are things that the government is not allowed to take from anybody, no matter how badly they want to. If our government tries to take these rights from us, we tell that government to go **** itself. There's some general disagreement about what specific rights people do and don't have but it's pretty generally accepted that kicking out entire races or ethnicities is a crime against humanity.