Thread: bug when enemy tries to assault city

Default bug when enemy tries to assault city

Hello. I am new to this game but I am pretty sure I downloaded the versions in order. I get this bug where when I am defending a city with wooden walls, the enemy breaks them down with their rams but then just sit there and dont enter the city. This happens for the entire time until time expires. I have rtrpe with bi. Everything else works well for the most part except for this annoying bug.

Im sorry if this question has already been asked, any help would be appreciated.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: bug when enemy tries to assault city

Did the enemy have scorpions?

If so, see this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ht=enemy+siege

Apparently the EDU sees scorpions as a siege weapon......

I don't know if anyone reclassified scorpions in the EDU and tested it, but you could try it.

If no scorpions...sorry can't help.

EDIT: Found this too - it's no help really but a possible answer....

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ht=enemy+siege
    Last edited by boofhead; September 07, 2006 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boofhead
    Did the enemy have scorpions?

If so, see this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ht=enemy+siege

Apparently the EDU sees scorpions as a siege weapon......

I don't know if anyone reclassified scorpions in the EDU and tested it, but you could try it.

If no scorpions...sorry can't help.
    No there were no siege towers just rams. I am rome playing agains the gauls and the enemy knocks down the walls, which I might add seem to take longer than usual. Almost like the ram is going through the wall when it start to ram. Kinda of like clipping. Then after the ram knocks down the wall the people move to the side but never detach from the siege ram. Then nothing happens. Is it something wrong with my edu? Should I get a different one than the one I have? The one i have is by someone called helios.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

I'm no expert mate but maybe they're waiting for the ram-operators to detach?

The threads I found were related to scorpions + ladders not rams.

You tried the 'drop ram' button?

I've never had the problem even once.......I play RTRPE with BI.exe + Candelarius' Extended Realism Mod, and I must have been besieged in a wooden-walled town several hundred times.

I am on defense, I have no ram to detach. When I am assaulting a wooden wall with a ram I have been able to detach the ram. When I am on defense and the computer is on assault the the enemy does not detach from the ram after breaking down the wall.

From some testing I found out that if I go out through the walls and attack the enemy units they will detach and attack me and then begin there assault. When the enemy ram is ramming through the wall the ram is halfway inside the wall. Like I said before it looks like some type of clipping.
    Last edited by ragnarok83; September 07, 2006 at 02:06 PM.