Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

Default Re: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

My results for i5 4670k OC to 4.3 GHz - Shogun2 dx9 CPU= 44.6

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

My result with:
    -CPU AMD Phenom II x4 955BE(O.C. to 3.8 GHZ)
    -RAM 8 GB Corsair 1333 MHZ(2 x 4GB)
    -GPU GTX 760 Zotac AMP Edition!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

23_08_18_24_42_benchmark1.log.txt23_08_17_47_11_benchmark1.log.txt My results for i5 4670 @4.3 Ghz, 8GB Corsair 1866MHZ, Gainward phantom gtx 770 OC

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Yarev View Post
    My results for i5 4670k OC to 4.3 GHz - Shogun2 dx9 CPU= 44.6
    Hi yarev I need the log files please.

I am stunned by the way this thread is running now. Impressive how many results. I can hardly read my other stuff on forums. I will gather some more results and publish again.

The video: I will try to edit the volume. I am a bloody noob in matter of youtubing. Thank you so much everyone for keeping this thread alive and lets hope CA will also use it to know there is potential of fixing and optimisation. Their repetitive claim that they have optimised rome 2 without figures makes me mad. Hopefully they have not dropped the benchmark functionality.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Alqamar Hello, how can I post my benchmark (GPU) not with MLAA but with FXAA? I saw a GTX 670 with FXAA improves to 10 FPS! Thank you!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Please use the settings in the NVidia improvements section. For benchmarking you need of course disable adaptive Vsync
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Ok,I'll try! When I can look my results in page 1 to compare with all other benchmark!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Currently I am working on my computer got new mainboard and case

Icon1 Re: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

Ok:

Following my results from the last post, I decided to try again on a more clean slate, so to speak. I've updated my BIOS, reinstalled my OS and then Shogun 2.

Got better results this time, with CPU at 30 and GPU at 87 fps.

Attached are the respective files.

UPDATE:

As per alQamar instructions, I've OCed my CPU (4400mhz - I'm actually quite scared doing these type of stuff, not being much of a tech savy person myself)
    Got 7 more fps on the CPU test, but strangely enough, lost 9 fps on the GPU test. How annoying.

UPDATE II:

Ran the GPU test again twice, this time getting 89 fps. I'm on a total loss as to why.
    Last edited by Defensore; August 24, 2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Aerocool Xpredator / i7-2600k / ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
    SLI Asus GTX 580 DirectCU II / G. Skill DD3 1600 2x4gb
    XFX 850 Watts Black Edition / ST21000524AS Barracuda 7200 rpm 1 TB / LG W2353

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hi defensore you should make some changes and updating post #169 again

IF YOU HAVE NO INTEL Stock cooler: in your UEFI please setup "sync all cores" or manually set the turbo multiplier on all cores to x45 (should work) currently you make no use of your K cpu and Z chipset.
    if you have a stock cooler go for an arctic Freezer 13 and then unleash your cat as above

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    Hi yarev I need the log files please.

I am stunned by the way this thread is running now. Impressive how many results. I can hardly read my other stuff on forums. I will gather some more results and publish again.

The video: I will try to edit the volume. I am a bloody noob in matter of youtubing. Thank you so much everyone for keeping this thread alive and lets hope CA will also use it to know there is potential of fixing and optimisation. Their repetitive claim that they have optimised rome 2 without figures makes me mad. Hopefully they have not dropped the benchmark functionality.
    Hi alQamar I believe I posted the log files in the post just before you I also send you an email with log files. Keep up the good work alQamar, I think you are doing a very interesting and most importantly useful thread instead of which faction do you want to play first or other childish threads. thumbs up

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Thanks, I appreciate that good feedback Yarev any +rep (green button) is appreciated aswell if you like

Meanwhile I fixed the audio issue in my How-To Video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI3coLTpeNo

@Epic I've got a new mobo now and I am suprised by your results. I got 34 FPS only at 4.6 GHz you have nearly 41. strange?!
    edit: retested again 4.6 GHz i7-2600: 41 fps aswell

We have new results, and finally I can say in case of graphics cards we nearly have all vital models tested now.

24.08.2013 added prooved results for CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 @ 4.6 GHz, AMD X4-955
    24.08.2013 added prooved results for GPU: AMD Radeon HD7950, GTX580 SLI
    Last edited by alQamar; August 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

Hi, everyone

my specs:

i5-3570 3.4 GHZ (with turbo boost 3.8 GHZ)
    Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB
    8 GB Ram

CPU Benchmark (without Blood pack dlc): 34.4522 fps
    CPU Benchmark (with Blood pack dlc): 26.8348 fps
    DX11 Graphics High 1080p: 92.2625 fps

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Thanks for that. Will validate them later!

Please run my preferences.script.txt instead of 1080 high. Your card is capable doing this preset.

As I got no new feedback yet. Is the volume on the fixed youtube video ok now???

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Defensore View Post
    Ok:

Following my results from the last post, I decided to try again on a more clean slate, so to speak. I've updated my BIOS, reinstalled my OS and then Shogun 2.

Got better results this time, with CPU at 30 and GPU at 87 fps.

Attached are the respective files.

UPDATE:

As per alQamar instructions, I've OCed my CPU (4400mhz - I'm actually quite scared doing these type of stuff, not being much of a tech savy person myself)
    Got 7 more fps on the CPU test, but strangely enough, lost 9 fps on the GPU test. How annoying.

UPDATE II:

Ran the GPU test again twice, this time getting 89 fps. I'm on a total loss as to why.
    I have no idea why your GPU results gone worse. Perhaps a backup process inflicting. For me sometimes Windows Defender (respectively Microsoft Security Essientials) messing up my results.
    Last edited by alQamar; August 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM.

*EPIC*

Odd your cpu gets 6 fps more than what mine does. I wonder what I need to do to get that. Tried going to 4.6ghz but I do the stress test and computer crashes, must have to up the vcore but im sure that wont count for 6 fps.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hi reggum I found out that Microsoft security essentials in win7/Vista or Windows defender in win 8 degrades performance sometime. My results vary from 34-41 fps depending.

Interesting, I wonder if there is a way around this. but I guess It doesn't matter to much as I get over 30 fps. Thanks again for your threads alQamar.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Thank you! God bless the scanner is not messing up all results. As the issue comes up occasionally only.

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    Thanks for that. Will validate them later!

Please run my preferences.script.txt instead of 1080 high. Your card is capable doing this preset.
    Ok, done.
    Benchmark Game Settings: 90.175 fps