Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

Spoiler for new results with the still inofficial hotfix for patch 11

Last edited by alQamar; April 23, 2014 at 01:27 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

mennelik's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

hi, can someone provide me the invidia inspector settings for RTW2 and also the control panel settings? That would be great, i did install this new driver and forgot my settings that where working great for my rig. Now my game is running much slower and to find it back on the net believe it or not is not a sinecure.

cheers

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Try to use nvidia experience as a first instance, please. He usually sets graphics too low and you can raise certain aspects you need then.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

benchmark results from patch 3 till patch 12 HF1.

romanlegion13th's Avatar Semisalis

hi been playing Rome 2 but on big battles i get frame rate drops down to 20 - 30 fps
    do i need more vram? or a better card was thinking of getting one more 780ti and play in SLI
    i play in 1440p and am okay until i get about 4 full stacks on screen i use DeI and radious mods
    normal play theses settings

Attachment 318468Attachment 318469
    then tis it maxed out with aa off and veg alpha off

Attachment 318470Attachment 318471

then tis it maxed out
    Attachment 318472Attachment 318473

just big battles seem to slow down like sieges and Bridges

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

none of your screenshots show maxed out settings. please max out everything and tick everything on except vsync please and run the benchmark again.
    please upload a dxdiag and if you can a cpu-z.txt for better investigations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-29_00002.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	575.2 KB 
ID:	318775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-29_00005.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	318776GPU-Z Sensor Log.txtMARTINPC.txt

okay i think i got the last pitchers mixed up when i uploaded them
    the martinpc is the CPU-Z txt, i cant make out much off it lol hope you can
    allso uploaded GPU-Z so you can see how may GPU is preforming

im playing in 1440p so i now this is more taxing on the system
    i normally paly with AA off few other things turned down

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by romanlegion13th View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-29_00002.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	575.2 KB 
ID:	318775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-29_00005.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	318776GPU-Z Sensor Log.txtMARTINPC.txt

okay i think i got the last pitchers mixed up when i uploaded them
    the martinpc is the CPU-Z txt, i cant make out much off it lol hope you can
    allso uploaded GPU-Z so you can see how may GPU is preforming

im playing in 1440p so i now this is more taxing on the system
    i normally paly with AA off few other things turned down
    Hi there thank you very much for your submissions. It looks better with options now. I checked your logs and so far the framerates, memory configuration and temperature conditions seems to be very ok.

A recent PC I've built for a TWC member has 4690K running with 4.4 GHz and the GPU is a 970 GTX, he has 56 fps average without mods so your framerates look ok, especially the minimum framerate is ok when alpha vegetation is enabled. Bear in mind that Rome 2 is still very demanding or not that optimized on high end computers as it is ironically for average laptops and low end GPUs. Some claim (don't have benchmark results) they can run the game on extreme with a 650 TI boost, which is just ridicilous, because the scalability is really trash.

What you can do is raising the multiplier for your CPU if your cooler is not an Intel stock one. 4200-4400 should be fine and safe.
    Last edited by alQamar; December 30, 2014 at 08:10 AM.

okay thanks for the help

my CPU was ment to be overclock but was not its running at 3.9 im thinking of auto overclocking to 4.4 or mite try manually overclocking it been reading up on it
    what do you think is the best option bit scared incase i mess my CPU UP BUT WOULD BE HAPPY AT 4.4ghz
    its a shame its not optimized for high end computers but the average PC gamer dont have high end PCs

my cooler is very good my rig is quite good ive had it since April 2014 going to keep it for 6 moths+ then get a 4k monitor n new GPU with alot of VRAM like TITAN 2 when its released
    i7-4770k
    GTX 780ti classified
    16gb Corsair ven 2133
    500gb SSD
    860 Corsair PS
    H100cooler
    Asus Maximus VI hero z87
    Corsair Obsidian 350d atx case
    1440p monitor

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Well you must have endless funds reading about your rig and plans I would not recommend to buy 2 Titans as the 980 outperforms them. It might be long way till a Titan 2.
    I recommend never to use the Auto overclock feature. OC Sandybridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell and Devils Canyon CPU is so freaking easy and much more reliable. I recently just "healed" someone that had a 4770K and used auto OC.

The problem of auto OC is that they will raise the BCLK which is 100 by default. While technically not intended, because this wraps up all other factors depending, like PCI bus speed, RAM Speed etc. the manufacturer have all coded it this way. At least I know about Asus boards doing this at all. It is really ridicilous.

All you need to do is to find a comfortable zone in stability and temperatures (should be all cores below 90 after 15 mins time running prime95) and only raise the Turbo Multiplicator of the CPU for all cores - NOTHING ELSE. I wonder why they do not do this way.

All the other things like RAM (except the XMP profiles), BLCK must not be touched at all as it leads to instability of the whole rig from CPU controller to RAM and GPU etc, REGARDLESS the price and class of your mainboard.

It has to be mentioned that Haswell CPUs cannot be OC that well as Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge or Devils Canyon (with introduction of Devils Canyon Intel fixed the issues Haswell had) because of a design issue with the thermal heatspreader below the CPU cap. This could be fixed manually, but I heartly adivse NOT to touch this, most likely you end up with a bricked damn expensive piece of silicon.
    Last edited by alQamar; January 03, 2015 at 06:01 PM.

No im waiting for a titian 2 or a 980ti will see whats the best option,
    Ive not used auto overclock,
    ive got core at 4.4ghz voltage at 1.275 uncore at 3.5 input vaults at 1.85 (was advised to do this to get it stable on overclockers.net)
    Ive run aida64 bench wizard was fine real bench 5 times. Now doing 8 hours of x264 as was told to do
    Then im going to bring uncore up
    Temps on x264 is per core max is 69 68 70 59
    Been told 8 hours of x264 is a stable system

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

sounds to be very much work and finetuning. Maybe the temps in my solution will be higher because the autovoltage but I don't think you need to run 8 hours any application to test the stability. Prime will serve this result much faster on a silver platter / or a bluescreen one.

People, do you know of any way to use the command line to run few benchmarks one after another? I want to test few systems together, without the need to change the settings through the game UI, but simply supply some configuration file for each preset
    ?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

unfortunately not, did not even know there is a command line for Attila and Rome 2.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

updated the results of Rome 2 post #10 and Shogun 2 post #6 with a very current computer that I have chosen and custom build for TWC member revan.be (i5-6600K @ 4.6 GHz, 16 GB DDR4 CL13, Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 1080)
    Last edited by alQamar; September 05, 2016 at 03:36 PM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

updated the results of Rome 2 post #10 with and (i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz, 16 GB DDR4 CL16, Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970)

Druout's Avatar Libertus

Ran a 480 second benchmark run in TWW using Fraps on the Silver Spire map using Carcassonne and The Bloody Handz; Carcassonne in a static defensive position with 1 Trebuchet, 3 Fire Archers, 8 Foot Squires, and 4 Heroes being attacked by 1 Goblin Hero, 29 Goblin units, and 10 Skulker units. I placed Carcassonne units in an L shaped formation and used the same camera position each time; the only input I did once benchmarking started was to keep the archers firing.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]

I have made a benchmark for Shogun II:

The CPU test says ~24,7 fps for CPU benchmark and ~35,5 fps for graphic benchmark with your settings.
    Intel Core i5-6300HQ Quad-Core (6M Cache, 2.3 GHz ~ 3.2 GHz)
    RAM : 8 GB, DDR4 2133 MHz
    Crucial CT525MX300SSD1 525,1 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M 2GB DDR5
    Last edited by IamOdysseus; September 20, 2018 at 11:30 AM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hi I was absent a very long time. Sorry I didn't maintenance this thread or others.

Given the activities during the time it seems benchmarking is not an important topic any more or my procedure to complicated? Or total war (center) not being major anymore?

I might try a last one on three kingdoms but I feel it might be no longer worth the time,
    Do younger players use forums anyway these days ?! I feel so disconnected...

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6.1 mit Tapatalk

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Split post moved here.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.